October 24, 2014 | 1597 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Kohl Power - Mystery

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by starzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Kinda regret getting this.

1. Don't come out as the colour you swatch on the back of your hand. I think this is mainly because on your hand, you go over it a lot harder than you would on your lash line. Doesn't look like blackened teal as an eyeliner at all.

2. SMUDGES LIKE MAD!!!! Smudge after an hour after. By 3 hours, there was nothing left! I asked for a liner to use on my bottom lash liner, so I could smudge it out a bit. This does nothing like that!

3. Dry. Like horribly dry. So hard to even get a line to show up under your lash line. My eyes start watering up by the time I'm finished. And what's all that white stuff around the lead of the pencil?

Don't even remember why I bought this. What's worst... I have two, the other being Raven. I might just see if MAC will take them back as part of B2M.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This one is from the Night Divine 2013 winter collec. It applies
well with a nice soft smudgy texture. A nice blackened teal
green. Reminds me of an old Chanel eyeliner from the 90's
that was fabulous except the color of that one was off the charts.
The problem with this pencil is the smudge factor it does'nt quite
set and was smudged near my tear ducts within a few hours or less
of wear. Very pricey all most 20.00 USD with taxes I believe.
Skip it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This kohl pencil is currently being re-promoted with the Holiday Glamour Daze collection. It's supposed to be a blackish teal but I get almost no color payoff... I did a quick swatch on the back of my hand and it was so dry and faint. I couldn't even imagine trying to get a visible line on my eyelid... I'd end up tugging so much. I literally never return things but I had to send this back because it would be the biggest waste of money. This was well reviewed in old reviews on this site so maybe the formula is different? I just can't even begin to understand how anyone could use this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

This is my most favorite of favorite eyeliners. The first time I bought it, it was limited edition....then gone...then it came back and I bought another....now its gone again. I'm just using it very sparingly until it comes back and I can buy a bunch but it makes my brown eyes look SOOOO gorgeous. I feel absolutely fabulous when I'm wearing it, and I even like smudging it in for a little daytime smokey eye effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap and i must say i really am loving the Kohl Powers!! i already have Feline which i love, and now Mystery is really impressing me too!! too bad i'm late to the party i really wish i would of snatched up all the colors when i had the chance. Anyways the color is a gorgeous blackened blue/green teal color with sparkle. This is a nice alternative to my everyday black eyeliners. I wish MAC would come out with all of them again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

YUM!! MAC really hit a homerun with this bad boy!! Mystery was Limited Edition with the Smoke Signals colleciton, and given my weakness for anything teal or deep blue green, it was a pretty sure bet this bad boy would become part of my stash! Mystery is gorgeous .. Similar to Tarnish eye kohl ... but with shimmer. it's a dark sooty blackened blue/green that just looks amazing! It applies smoothly and lasts pretty well. A must have if you like tarnish!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have to agree w/ the other reviewer. this goes on me as a teal black also. gives my eyes a little pop. it's not waterproof but it does last all day for me..probably because i have such dry skin. great color! glides on smoothly..i'm very happy w/ it. would definately repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Daisycloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm quite happy with this product and would repurchase =) Just as it's supposed to, this draws on as a teal black on my eyes. However, when I take a step back the line just looks black! I still like it because it's nicer than just a harsh black shade. So while I wish the shade could look a bit more teal than black, I'm good! Another good thing about this pencil is that it stays on my oily lids when paired with a base. Please note that I don't line my waterlines, just near the base of my lashes. And as frequently as I drop this pencil, it hasn't broken yet! Not quite holy grail status, but a trusty product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by plushbear84

I absolutely love this pencil. It actually stays on quite well on my waterline and glides on so smoothly. =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What I liked about this: Gorgeous dark blackened teal colour with enough black in it to define eyes, not just add a stripe of colour. Has an iridescent finish that's complex and just mesmerizing. This soft pencil is easy to apply and blend. What I didn't like: It transfers on to the crease/ eyelid every single time, even when I blot it and apply a tiny bit of powder shadow over it. Also smudges easily, and with such a dark colour, smudges really show. Verdict: Love the colour, but I know I won't be reaching for it much because of the smudge factor. For the record, I have used kohl liners that do stay put eg. Lancome kohl liners, so I don't believe all kohl liners have the tendency to smudge. I don't use it on the waterline btw. NC50 for reference.