August 20, 2014 | 1805 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme in "Full Fuchsia"

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: This lipstick is the first of all of my MAC lipsticks to break on me. :( Oh well, I'll repurchase if i absolutely can't even use a brush to apply it. I'm not a big fan of depotting things, so I'll definitely be buying another one. :) I also paired this with the Process Magenta Chromagraphic pencil, and it matches so well! Be sure to try that out with this lipstick!

I am very pale, blue eyes with brown hair, and when I put this lipstick on, it brightens my face SO much! I love it! It is amazing, and I'll buy it again if I ever run out! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by wednesdei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Full Fuchsia definitely lives up to its name. It's a true fuchsia that really brightens the face in a swipe. Described as bright clean warm pink, Full Fuchsia goes very well with my NC20 skin tone. Wearing it is a nice break from all my shocking cool pinks (which I still love btw). It is also an amplified creme, which makes it incredibly creamy on the lips. The color pay off is insane as well. It is highly opaque and lasts a really long time. It can withstand few bites and drinks and leaves a nice tint on the lips. Unfortunately, Full Fuchsia is a PRO shade, which means that is not available in our local counters here in the Philippines. But if you could get your hands on this lipstick, grab one now! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by hesperus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very pigmented, long-wearing lipstick with a creamy, slightly glossy finish. The color is a hot pink that is redder and warmer toned than Girl About Town. It aplies smoothly, doesn't bleed and fades evenly, leaving a stain that I can only completely get rid of by scrubbing with a toothbrush. I don't use lipliner with this but I do sometimes use a skin-colored pencil outside the contour of my lips to keep the line more defined. I have light yellow-toned skin and black hair and this looks very nice on me, as it brightens my whole face. I still slightly prefer GAT over this, because I find that the contrast with the cool tone in GAT makes my face look more vivid. The formula is neither drying nor particularly moisturizing. When I need more moisture, I top this with Pink Poodle Lipglass, a sheer hot pink that is slightly cooler toned, but still a very good match. .

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 7:00:00 AM More reviews by linnalikescats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

MAC Full Fuchsia is a pro colour which makes it kind of hard to get. But it is a beautyifull colour, really.
I'm an NC25 and the colour is just the perfect bright pink. It does have slightly blue undertones but still works perfectly fine with my complexion. Full Fuchsia will make your lips stand out but in a very good way.
The amplified creme is opaque in one layer and lasts about 5-6 hours on me which is an oncredible wear time! It leaves my lips feeling smooth and moisturized though they do flake a little after 5 hours of wear which doesn't bother me at all. It stays smooth when you reapply after about 4 hours.

Overall it's a truly beautiful colour which i think will work on a lot of skin tones and the formula is the best I have tried so far. Too bad it's a pro shade so it is not as available as the regular MAC lipsticks.
But if you can get your hands on it, DO! Definite recommendation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by athena25

great lipstick! makes your lips stand out. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Tishkaminx

I'm a 'bright/clear winter' colour type with lighter than NW15 skin. This lippie for me is what Girl about town should have been. GAT is far too blue based for me, whereas FF is more red based. Just perfect. If you ever see 'Utter Fun'- that's what Show Orchid should have been too- proper red-pink, not violet pink.

I only wear bright red, hot pink, red pink and dark red lipsticks so I own a lot of them- this lippie is good- but it's not as good as my HG Revlon Cherries in the Snow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by cyclops68

Every once in a while, MAC releases Show Orchid, but this month, it was followed by a similar colour called Petals and Peacocks that came out with the Liberty of London collection which piqued my interest and got me wondering how they were different. Throw in Girl About Town in the mix and you have one very confused shopper. So I dropped by the Pro store where I found all three, and Full Fuchsia and Impassioned, and I decided to try them all out so I could make the best choice.

Right at the beginning, I dismissed Petals and Peacocks because there was too much blue in it for my NC30 skin. Impassioned also looked garish so I only tried on Show Orchid, Girl About Town and Full Fuchsia. Show Orchid was smooth to apply but its colour was slightly too cool for me due to its slight violet sheen and it was also slightly less opaque than the other lipsticks that I would try. Girl About Town was a lot warmer on my lips and complemented my complexion much better. However, it didn't apply smoothly and was a little splotchy in a swipe, even thought it had the same finish as Show Orchid- Amplified Creme. Lastly came Full Fuchsia. On my lips, it was very close in colour to Girl About Town, so much so that I didn't pay attention to the colour but rather the texture. It is also an Amplified Creme, but unlike Girl About Town felt a lot creamier and therefore applied much more easily and evenly.

Naturally, I chose Full Fuchsia over the other lipsticks, both for its very complimentary colour to my skintone and for its superior texture and pigmentation (all three are pigmented of course, I'm referring to how opaque it looked on the lips in 1-2 swipes). I also own Strayin' (from Hello Kitty) and Rock Out (a bright pink Slimshine) and Lickable (Cremesheen), which can all qualify as hot pink colours. I find that Strayin's colour is too cool and therefore a little garish on NC30. Its texture is also very gritty (I had flecks of glitter on my lips on which I could chew). And even though Rock Out is a blue-based bright pink, it doesn't translate as that on the lips. Rather, compared to Full Fuchsia, it is slightly darker and less in your face. Its texture is not as creamy as an Amplified Creme would be, but it is very emollient and glides on smoothly. A swipe of Rock Out isn't as opaque as Full Fuchsia is, but it is far from being sheer, and the colour is buildable without feeling heavy on the lips as creamy lipsticks could sometimes be. As for Lickable, it is a warm colour like Full Fuchsia is, but in the tube, is already less bright than Full Fuchsia. Full Fuchsia is more vivid and more amped up, whereas Lickable is more muted and wearable. Its texture is between an Amplified Creme and a Slimshine and its initial colour pay-off isn't as intense as an Amplified Creme but can be layered on.

In all, I am very happy with my purchase of Full Fuchsia. It seems that I just might have found my perfect shade of hot electrified pink that is tasteful and classy.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Full Fuchsia is perm at the MAC Pro stores.
I'm a NC25 and this looked so hot on me lolz even my SO agreed. (That's something if he agrees HAHA)

Beautiful hot fuchsia lipstick. It's not a blue undertone so it doesn't look wrong on my skintone :)
LOVE IT.

But a little warning, taking this lipstick off is insanely hard lolz I thought it would wash off in the shower...but it didn't. It stains! Haha, you'll need to take a tissue and rub it off after :) Or rub it in the shower :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by almost40

RIS and I love this.Its a gorgeous bright pink and it really lightens up my face.I would love to try more MAC lippies,I might even go buy one lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

so i have pretty much every pink l/s mac has ever made, but i went to the pro store today and felt like i needed another one. i compared this one to Show orchid on my hand and SO definitely has a bit more purple in it, while full fuschia is a TRUE fuschia.
since it's an amplified, you will get a fuschia pay off. If you want FUSCHIA (no purple tones, no orange tones, etc) this is the lipstick for you.