July 29, 2014 | 1976 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - MAQuillAGE Climax Lasting Gel UV Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by citygirl2010c

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

From what I heard from a sales lady, Shiseido apparently only carries this brand in some Asian countries because it's made for the humidity in those countries. I bought this from asia and used it in Canada. So I think that the reason why it flakes on my face is because of the dry weather in Canada. However, it gives a natural look and the colour OC10 matches my skin perfectly and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It doesn't last for the whole day, for me, only about 3 hours. If I lived in Asia, I would repurchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The one that I'm reviewing is called Lasting Liquid UV. I'm not sure if its the same. But I think it is. This was an a okay foundation for me. Not phenomenon but okay. I got this in OC30.The verdict:-
Pros:
This is a very hydrating foundation, that being said it isnt too rich or gloopy, its a gel-like consistency.
This gives a good medium coverage and is buildable.
This feels really good on the skin, it disappears onto the skin, like silk and is very light.
A lil goes a long way.
And it gives a dewy-healthy-glowy complexion, as though you have flawless skin, i get compliments when i wear this fdtn.

Cons:
This doesnt really keep my oilies at bay. By lunch time, I'm pretty oily (as mind you i have extremely oily face) even after i use a base. This lasts up to 5-6 hours the max, and doesnt tolerate you if you sweat like gallons and have crazy oily face. As i live in a tropical climate, i think this would be suitable for cooler region.
This has spf so, it has a whitish cast off your skin.
The color looks pretty dark but once applied i felt that it was lighter than my skin tone.
Its pretty expensive.

Overall, this is a good foundation for combi/normal/dry skin, but if you really oily face, and live in a hot and humid weather, perhaps not the best choice!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 3:43:00 AM More reviews by heinyliciouz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love wearing this foundation in the winter! It keeps my skin moisture and has great coverage. I've been using it for years, it never fails! It's a little too thick for the summer, but pretty good for other seasons. It gives my skin a smooth finish. I bought this in Taiwan, I don't know if they sell it here, but it sure is a great foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by KiuKiu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

*Picture Included*

This foundation gives a medium-full, natural-looking coverage. It comes in a pump, so it is very sanitary. The texture is like another liquid foundation, there's nothing special to it at all. Unfortunately for me, I got this in OC20, which is too light for me. I'll be giving this to someone whose color will match this. Overall, it is a great foundation. It just doesn't have the same unique gel texture that the Climax Moisture Gel Foundation has, and it was also unfortunately the wrong color for me.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2007 9:56:00 AM More reviews by niff524

I bought this in Hong Kong this summer and let me say I have mixed views about it... Firstly the range of shade is severely limited. As another reviewer previously pointed out, Japanese makeup manufacturers tend to make foundations for medium-light complexion and since I got a tan this summer, I had difficulty finding an exact match with MQ. In Hong Kong SA's ALWAYS try to match you with a shade lighter than your own for some unknown reasons. I got 'matched' with OC20 (there were no testers in the shop) and although I insisted on buying the darker shade (there were 3 available I think) they insisted OC20 would be better. I went home and tried this on. The packaging is gorgeous with a very good pump dispenser. However the foundation was quite different from what I had expected. It's quite drying and has to be blended very carefully over perfectly moisturised skin. The colour is definitely too light but can be toned down with some bronzer on top. Good thing about the colour is that it's definitely yellow-based and would suit Asian skin better than most. I wish they let me buy the darkest shade damn it =( I've only used this a couple of times and all I can say is it's a decent foundation for people who have yellow-based, medium to light skin. It has good coverage (medium) and dries to a natural finish neither matte nor glowy. A little drying though so I wouldn't really recommend this to dry-skinned girls out there. Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2007 3:43:00 PM More reviews by blahiffy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation ! It has really fabulous coverage. Thus, I don't even have to use concealer to even out imperfections. I have this foundation in OC-10, and it is a great match for my light, asian skin. It does not oxidize or feel heavy, and lasts a really long time without creasing. This foundation has a silky, glowy finish, and the SPF is a plus! It is easily blendable, and it comes with a free foundation sponge. The packaging is great too! It is air tight, and it dispenses the foundation with one easy pump. In general, Maquillage Climax Lasting Gel Foundation is great for the summer. I would love it to try Maquillage Climax Moisture Gel Foundation next!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2007 8:29:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***Click continued to view the formatted version incl. pic***

Being really impressed with MQ's Climax Moisture foundation I decided I needed to try their new summer version Climax Lasting Gel UV (CLG) since it's lighter and has a higher SPF for summer. I felt the Climax Moisture was a bit too moisturizing when it's hot so I thought the new summer foundation would be more suitable for now.

CLG comes in the same sort of hygienic tall pump bottle like Climax Moisture Gel but with a white cap instead of a black one.

This foundation has SPF24 PA++ and is meant for wearing mainly in summertime or hot weather. It has a light fragrance like all MQ foundations I have (at least the ones I tried and all are liquid foundations). What I dislike about this one is that the foundation has a very strong chemical smell right after pumping it out of the bottle, a bit like nail polish remover or something similar. It's a very sharp smell that fades right away into the soft floral smell but still it's unpleasant to get a whiff of this. I usually pump the foundation out, spread it on my fingers, shake them a bit so the smell dissappears before I touch my face (yes, I don't use sponges or brushes for applying foundation, I still think that dabbing/patting liquid foundation on with my fingers is the best way).

The other little thing I don't like is that this foundation is just plain runny liquid. Not the interesting thicker gel texture like Climax Moisture foundation. That being said, the coverage of CLG is wonderful. It provides medium-full coverage and a softly dewy finish. Not dewy-greasy but just dewy-glowy =P

It lasts really well in hot sweaty weather despite sweating.

CLG retails for 4200 Yen in Japan for 30ml (about 1 oz.)...that's about US$40 so it's not the cheapest foundation out there.

My normal-dry sensitive skin doesn't get any irritations from wearing this foundation.

CLG foundation comes in 8 shades, all ranging from light-medium. There is no color suitable for dark complected women, but that's usually so with Japanese brands.

I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15 and find OC-00 is a good match for me. It's a very light neutral-toned (with a slight yellow touch) color that blends well with my pale skintone.

continued >>