August 1, 2014 | 1876 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - Ultra Last Lip Wear - 412B Mauve Gold

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by annely

This is one of my favourite shades of lipstick. This is my go-to lipstick for everyday, and I've repurchased it multiple times already (since you can get it for like CDN$3 at Walmart).
The colour is basically a sheer, corally pink with tiny gold flecks. The colour pay-off is not impressive, but the lipstick is easily buildable, and the sheerness is what I like most about it. You will have to reapply after eating, drinking or kissing. (wink wink)
The packaging sucks, and if you're not careful, you might chip off the top of the lipstick because it doesn't retract all the way down. Also, the plastic cover is really cheap and easily cracked. Nonetheless, I love this lipstick and always make sure I have multiple ones on stock in case they ever stop making it!
If you're looking for a similar shade, but with less shimmer and more colour, then go for Rimmel's Heather Shimmer lipstick. Perhaps the best version of this shade is Estée Lauder's Tiger Eye, although that one is more bronze-toned than Mauve Gold.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Glad others like it, not enough of a color pay-off for me. Has a nice sheen that will add life to a natural lipliner lip. I didn't expect a lot of pigment in such a cheap tube anyway. They were on sale at rite aid 40% off so picked up a few. This can be good for those who want a light lip with a little shimmer....might be all I need for summer casual days.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by fennecfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have always had a hard time finding a lip color that I really liked but that has changed. I absolutely adore this color. It's just slightly darker than my natural lip color so it enhances my lips without being too overwhelming. I also like the slight shimmery effect it gives. I cannot believe that this lipstick is so cheap! I use it under lip gloss and the color lasts for hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

It's a nice nude colour for all skin tones
Price: $3.60/2 CAD
Pkg:square tube
Colour: brownish nude
Finish: shimmer
I usually don't like nude l/s cuz they make me look dead. And also cuz I'm into brighter, darker colours. But since it's in the brown family it's fine
Wears for a decent time and doesn't dry my lips out

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Lilsingsong3

I got this product at Shoppers Drug Mart for $0.99. Now, this was dirt cheap for me and I thought "This can't be very good. It's really cheap but I'll try it anyway." Boy was I wrong! I love this product ever so dearly! Some may not like the frosty Gold/Brown, winter-feel that this product has but I love it. It's good for the winter. It seems like a frosty shiny colour. And certainly in the fall! It is so neutral and frosty and just awesome! I reaaaally recommend this to anyone. The stayingpower is quite great! It stays on for a looong time. Just reapply once or twice throughout the day and put some lip gloss over it so it stays on longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by sweetascandy009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this lipstick! This was actually my very first lipstick ever. Now that my collection has grown quite a bit, I still find myself reaching for this a lot. It's a little on the glittery side, but I love the golden sheen it gives. It's definitely a MLBB lipstick and lasts quite a while on me. I highly recommend this! Packaging kinda sucks (lid falls off/cracks easily) but hey, it's under $2. I think it's rosier than VGV and I think the glitter particles are a little more prominent.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a str8t up NYC l/s fan!!This is my 4th l/s by NYC I stil cannot believe how creamy N non-drying these l/s R N 4 the price $1.72 N 93 cnts at Walmart...thank god bcuz them high end brand was costing $$$$$....:-).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by makeupluva21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Looked pretty in the tube. Too frosty for my NC45 tone. Horrible packaging, cap continuously falls off

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! I normally pass by this product line thinking it was cheap and not good. Rite Aid and CVS are having a sale so I thought I would try some. After reading the reviews I decided to pick up this one. And I am impressed. The color is soo pretty..very similar to MAC and it wears very well. I am impressed!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by DivineL

i heard from the boards that this is suppose to be a dupe of mac VGV. i have VGV which i love. i decided to get mauve gold, my first ds dupe of something i already adore. i mean for 2buckcs i wanted to check it out.

the night i brought this home i swatched mauve gold and VGV next to one another to compare. i asked my brother who was passing by which he though looks better in color and in quality. i even asked him if they look alike. he looked at the swatches carefully, moving my hand so that the light would hit the swatches at different angles. he chose VGV to be better in quality and color, he said because "it looks smoother and the color is more evenly spread."

that being said. mauve gold alone as an independent color and lipstick is ok. you can't beat the price. the texture is pretty good for something that cost ~$2. the color is similar to VGV in terms that they have a pinky base, and a gold microshimmer but the finishes are different. i prefer VGV over mauve gold. but mauve gold is alright in my book. i probaby wont re-buy just bc i'm not head over heels about it.