July 28, 2014 | 1105 users online

Lips - Laura Mercier - Lip Stain in Shy Pink

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by alise1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty color but very, very drying once on the lips. It is a matte, light pink (not glossy at all) which gives a natural look, which I like, but it is just too drying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this, it is a warm pink that I like as a neutral lip (MLBB?) to some smoky eyes or an everyday work look.
It is like a mostly matte lipstick, and it does come in a glass pot that you have to already have a lipstick brush for as it doesnt come with one.
I dont have the same drying problems that others seem to have with this. I line my lips and fill them in with LM plumberry lip liner and then top it off with this stain in shy pink, using a lip brush. This combination lasts me half the day, after which I just swipe on a non sticky, non slippery lip balm and then top off again with shy pink.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by underage

As others have said, this is more of a lipstick in a pot. The color is similar to my natural color but still looks nice. The formula is very drying. Even with a balm underneath it's very dry. Doesn't sink into my fine lines but I'm only 21 so there isn't many. It tends to get on my teeth a lot, which is weird for a "stain". Probably wouldn't purchase again due to price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good neutral, warm-ish pink. It's too similar in color and finish to my natural lips to really keep this, though. I didn't observe this product to stain my lips either. It was a near-matte lipstick in a jar.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Looks great when you see it online as single colours but is far from how it looks. It is very sheap looking adn is very unatural and shimmery. I have both the sugar violet and the mulberry which have shimmmer in them and it looks like marketstall stuff. The typical Laura Mercier pacaking plain and simple in a pot which is a nice size it really just doesnt have the texture of the balm that I was expecting. I was unimpressed and didnt find it moisturising. I am an avid lip balm fan and love colourful tints but I expect them to be moisturising and too look natural and minimal and this did nothing that I wanted. It left a stain behind on my lips which was glittery and cheap. I really dilike this stuff and it is overpriced. I do like other products ni this range and find them to be quality but on this occasion this is not like the quality of this brand and I definately expect a lto better for the price I am paying for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Color was very similar on the lips as it was in the package. Just a hint of frost to it. Natural on me, and I'm a N15, leaning toward NC. Felt good on the lips for a stain; didn't dry me out.

CONS: Some people won't like that it's in a pot. Doesn't come with a brush.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I loved the color on me, really nice toned down pink. BUT the product is soooo drying, it sits in all the lines on your lip, it is terrible! I tried to use a lipbalm under it (Burts B. and also the expensive Dr.Hauschka!) but nothing helped. I think I just stick to my Estee L.lipsticks, those I really like, they are creamy and moisturizing, never dry, not like this one. I thought I had a perfect product, I didn`t mind the jar and the application, but it is so drying, shows all the lines on your lip! :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 9:17:00 AM More reviews by sherbyham

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've tried quite a few soft pink coloured lipsticks and somehow they don't quite work for me. Either they washed me out or somehow made me look rather dull or turned out too 'baby-doll. This is one of those rare finds which brighten up my face with understated chic. Add a tiny blob of gloss and you are done. Even my usually reticent hubby commented it looked nice. The tub doesn't bother me at all, I find it quite fun dabbing my lipbrush in it and painting my lips in such wearable pink. The price ah..... this LM baby costs almost $32 here in Singapore. But because I love it so much and probably use every bit of it, the price is something I'll take it in my stride.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

CONS: Some people won't like that it's in a pot. Doesn't come with a brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by jackontherocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Really like this for an everyday alternative to lipstick. I'm not a fan of applying lipstick and fussing with it or retouching, so this is nice... it goes on as a lipstick but leaves a nice stain afterwards. I find it more moisturizing than most lipsticks.

I think you def have to use a brush with this, so that's sort of annoying for a stain... I'm used to the markers or gels that you just glide on!

I'm NC25 and it works well in winter... can see it also working in summer.