October 2, 2014 | 1365 users online

Lips - Black Opal - Lip Corrector

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought it out of curiosity. I don't have unevan colored lips but I was attracted to the color which is exactly my skin tone (Light/Medium). I'd tried all the Black Opal foundations and found that even the light ones were heavy. I experimented by using it all over my face like a foundation and lo and behold, it's unbelievable. It dries matte, is my exact tone and feels so light if you didn't put it on yourself you wouldn't believe you were wearing anything. It has amazing coverage even through sweating at the gym (it doesn't clog the pores or start looking greasy AND it doesn't dry out the skin either). All of my other foundations have now been flung to the back of the closet in favor of this. I've been using the same tube for 2 months now and it hasn't run out.
I wish that these companies would stop using those stupid wands though. It's not very hygeinic in the long run and it feels to me that they use the wands (brushes) just to take up more space so they can give you less product.

UPDATE 1 MONTH
I tried my other foundations a few times and both of them broke me out and either greasd up my skin or dried it up within hours of having them on. This is definitely the best product I've tried so far.

UPDATE 5 MONTHS
As you've seen from my reviews I've now tried every chocolate brown foundation out there nearly and none compare to this one. Yes it's a concealer but I read somewhere that concealers are basically mroe pigmented foundations. I love how light/medium matches my chocolate brown shade, love how it goes on so lightly and dries matte and smooth (as someone here said). Love how it stays n like Revlon Colorstay and MAC without having the heavy feeling involved with it.
I'm happily just giving up looking for a product in a larger bottle now and will stay with this product.
I like it for these reasons and also because it has never broken me out once. I don't get spots from it, it doesn't clog my pores or gather anywhere and the tube lasts me forever. It's also very easy to carry everywhere if I needed to . I still hate the wand but i'll live with it to get to have smooth flawless looking skin.

NEARLY 1 YEAR REVIEW
This is my staple. I don;t use any other foundation any more or powder. Nohing compares to it for sensitve skin and I really wish they would make it in a big bottle but hte applicator is great for carying around in your purse for overnight stays. I have had so many compliments on my skin wearing this. I think it's the yellowish tinge that uplifts my natural brown shade. WHatever it si I love and and may venture to trying their other non foundation products also.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought medium dark from a DS for about $5 hoping to mask my dark/brown top lip, light/pink bottom lip issue that scarred me into swearing by lipstick even while asleep.

PRO: You have to let it dry I'd say 5-10 minutes even though they claim 2. Texture goes on light, it dries unbelieveably smooth and dry (re: this will not condition lips!), and actually evened out the color like a concealer but whisper thin to the touch. It doesn't look normal though, you will need at least a gloss if you want to rock this out of the house w/o extra color. It's a slim wand w/attached applicator great packaging.

CON: I applied a red crayon and cream lipstick and the results were great, it didn't rub off or mix w/my color. Unfortunately the med/dark color did slightly alter it making the appearance a bit darker, less bright. I will try the light/med like mljohnson123 said.

UPDATE: decided not to repurchase and go w/stain instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 8:35:00 AM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Purchased Medium/Dark. Smooth, creamy texture. Little goes a long way. Bottle will last for ever. Wait a few minutes. Then apply lip color. May not even need l/l with this. Stays on very, very well. Actually does even color of lips. Cost $5 at Walmart. Might try the lighter color. UPDATE: 10/14/08 Don't reach for this much. Will not repurchase.