October 24, 2014 | 1727 users online

Lip Gloss - TheBalm - BalmShelter SPF 17 Tinted Gloss

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by moreyuna

I'm in love-hate relationship with this balm shelter. I love when they are can give me ‘a natural shiny lips’ looks but I hate when they are started to dry, it makes my lip flaky and drier than before. Somehow, I like the packaging; it comes with a plastic so I won't break when it falls.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

I'm soooo disappointed in this product! I waited and waited for the postponed 50% sale on TheBalm's website: I love my Nude 'Tude eyeshadow palette and was eager to try some other items from this brand. I happily ordered one of the new Instain Blushes in Toile, described as a strawberry, and a BalmShelter gloss in Daddy's Girl, also described as a strawberry. Seriously? This provides less color and shine than most of my lip balms! It feels lovely on the lips but has no staying power and for some reason it's difficult to pick up enough product on the wand for application. It seems very similar in texture and appearance on the lips as Jordana's Lip Shines, but Jordana's product is less slippery and has more substance. I thnk I'll return this; my Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer is 100x better than this and it's $4.99 - it even stains the lips! Balm Shelter glosses are $19.00 each....what a shame. I will stick to eyeshadows and blushes from TheBalm for now!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by henimut78

I got this in Uptwon Girl, and I love how it look on my lips. So smooth, not like eating oil look. Natural but looks yummy lips. I'll buy another colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by kristynrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in a set at Marshalls. I have the color valley girl. I like the fact that it has spf 17 and that it also has a little pop of color. This gloss does have a light smell, but seems like an ok gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

I have 4 different shades of this gloss so far and love them all. This has a very different texture from any other gloss I've tried. It feels so smooth and not a bit sticky and feels so moisturizing. Every color I e gotten I love. I will be buying more as I bieve this will be a HG lipgloss for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by lankika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I have two of these lip glosses, one in the Girl Next Door (light pink) and the other in Pin Up Girl (sheer cherry red). Both are great versatile shades. One thing in particular I noticed was that both the lip glosses have a way of exfoliating the dead and peeling skin from your lips. The temperature is in the single digits where I am and my lips are constantly dry and peeling, and most lip glosses accentuate this. But theBalm Shelter gloss, as I applied it on my lips, I noticed it pulled up the flaky skin, leaving a smooth canvas in which to apply the gloss on. For this alone, this product deserves 5 stars. Ive never had a lip gloss that actually exfoliated my lips while doing its job as a lip gloss (providing a light color and shine). Also, it's lightly moisturizng due to the jojoba oil and is paraben-free! (You'd be suprised how many high-end lip glosses contain parabens).

I wish I could get more but I refuse to pay full price for makeup, especially lip gloss unless I absolutely must. I bought the Girl Next Door in a TJ Maxx kit for a reduced $15, that came with two Plump Your Puckers (Ruby My Grapefruit and Cocoa my Coconut) and a Staniac in Beauty Queen (which I adore!). The Pin Up Girl was from the Black Tie Kit with 5 other items for a reduced $23. Other than TJ Maxx or Marshalls, you can purchase them on Sephora.com or on theBalms website. In Canada, I noticed theBalm at London Drugs and Shoppers.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by smntha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a great gloss! I love how it gives my lips some shine and color while also making them feel moist and smooth. I bought mine in Pin Up Girl, and it's a great red tint for day wear. The color is not overpowering, even though it looks really vibrant in the tube. I suggest buying one of the more pigmented shades if you're looking for some color on your lips -- lighter colors probably don't show up as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by bluefrog1323

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy using this lip gloss. I have the girl next door shade and it smells like strawberry banana (maybe all of them do...) I like the fact that a little goes a long way and it looks very nice on. The color is not too bright and I don't wear it everyday, but I really love it. It hydrates your lips very well and leaves a soft feeling on your lips for most of the day. I'm really glad I have this and I would re- purchase gladly.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by jgoreham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I want to like this so bad- the colour is pretty and it feels great on, and I'm pleased with the SPF 17. I have the shade "Girly Girl" and I don't find the colour to last long enough at all (my GOSH lip glosses last on my lips a lot longer), it disappears in less than 30 minutes. I'm not crazy about the brush, but that wouldn't keep me from re-purchasing, the very short amount of time it shows on my lips does. Crying shame because I think this is a great shade and when I first apply, I'm crazy in love with it. My quest for a perfect spring/summer lip gloss continues, I guess! Don't know if "Girly Girl" is just a bum shade or not, maybe the darker colours have more staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by zephyr74

One of my favourite glosses. Nice smell, nice coverage, not sticky and very moisturizing. Sometimes a bit of a problem with it goo-ing outside of the tube, but otherwise a good gloss choice. Bit pricey though.