Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 4/16/2015 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thoughts on MUFE Face and Body Foundation:
Bought #20 and #32. 20 is a good match right now (nw20), and 32 is darker/more yellow--probably good for self tanning in the summer? Shook it and squirted some out and it was VERY liquid. Shook it for 5 mins and tried again and it was better, more jello like texture. The scent is STRONG, like some childhood toy or fake makeup I had growing up? For some reason My Little Ponies come to mind.. Smell has diminished but not disappeared in 10 mins. Foundation layered nicely, but does require a little time between layers to go on smoothly. Doesn't hide pores, but doesn't accentuate them thankfully like NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation does. Finish is glowier than expected but I was wearing maracuja oil underneath. I set my t zone with the MUFE HD powder. Feels slightly tacky on skin. Doesn't completely cover redness but diminishes it and I like that I can build up an extra layer in the areas I need more coverage. Nearly undetectable on skin--looks like skin. Doesn't crease or crack even in my smile lines or dry areas. Has not broken me out. HG status if it weren't for that weird smell..

Who I think this would work for: people who don't normally wear foundation or prefer a light coverage, people with dry to combination skin (oily skinned people may require primer/powder/setting spray to make this work for them), men, someone who is new to makeup (as this is very easy to apply with fingers, and the sheerness of it makes it forgiving), someone who is looking to lightly even out their complexion or diminish minor redness (this will work for you if you have blemishes if you use a separate concealer for them), someone who wants their foundation to be undetectable up close or far away.

on 4/14/2015 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite foundation, and I've tried nearly every foundation out there. The coverage is light and beautiful. I usually go for a medium coverage to full due to acne flare ups and uneven skin tone, but I don't know what it is about this stuff!! It makes my skin look so healthy and even that the lighter coverage doesn't bother me. I just spot my problem areas with a tad more concealer. (I love Sonia Kashuk from Target) I am a #34 (NC40 or C4 in Mac depending on season) the color is a little more tan than I am currently but blends well as my face is lighter than the rest of my body anyhow. I do tend to get a bit oily after hours of wear with most foundations, the same is with this foundation, but it's more of a glow than a oil slick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is skin. There is no other way for me to describe it. Though it's not meant for full coverage and doesn't conceal my acne scars completely, it has a way of making your skin look nearly perfect. I apply 3 pumps for my entire face. As my first layer, I apply 2 pumps all over. Completely evens out my skin tone. Next, I apply the smallest amount of concealer onto my problem areas. Lastly, I finish it with my last pump. My skin looks so flawless! Blends beautifully, doesn't cling around my nose, doesn't transfer as much, and provides the most natural skin-like finish. Although I have very oily, acne-prone skin, my face accepts it with open arms.

I use shade 34.
For reference:
Urban Decay Naked Skin - 6/7
Mac NC 37-40
Tarte Amazonian Clay - Tan Honey
Missha Perfect Cover / Signature BB Cream - 27

on 3/27/2015 1:50:00 AM

First off, this is not a full coverage foundation at allllllll. It's also only mildly buildable. BUT, I was tired of using thick, uncomfortable foundation that suffocated my skin. I also have gotten tired of making my skin look waaayyy better than it actually does.
All that being said, this foundation is perfect. It makes my skin look healthier. It doesn't fully coat my blemishes/bright red marks, but lightly glazes over them giving them a lighter appearance. It also helps reduce the redness of my mild rosacea and didn't cause my sensitive/acne-prone skin to break out. This foundation also never felt gross on my face throughout the whole day. It actually kind of felt like I had applied a nice moisturizer. Another thing is, my face usually likes to get really oily and, even though the consistency of the foundation is very watery, I had the LEAST oiliness on my face than I have with any foundation. I had even applied some spf moisturizer before applying the foundation.
So..

PROS:
Comfortable/Light
Healthy glow-like finish
Blends easily
Didn't feel like it "cracked"
Nice packaging
Doesn't irritate my skin
Doesn't catch on dry spots
Doesn't settle into creases

Cons:
Isn't full coverage (if you want full coverage)
Fragrance (I don't need my face to smell like a flower)

I would recommend this product even more to someone with generally nice skin already as it will accentuate it even more, giving a "better than skin" look.

on 3/25/2015 9:31:00 PM

I have rosacea and sensitive skin, so finding a good foundation that is light enough to not feel cakey but provides good coverage. I don't mind the mild fragrance and do not find that it irritates my skin. I usually like a powder foundation like Smashbox Halo, MUFE Face and Body has converted me over to this product. My only mild annoyance is the few color selections - as a really pale person, I'd prefer a lighter option.

on 3/1/2015 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I have mostly dry, extremely sensitive skin with some redness and bumpiness on my cheeks due to mild rosacea. Many foundations are either too harsh and irritate my skin, or are too cakey and accentuate any dryness and bumps. I also wear a gel moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel) and needed a foundation that would play nice with it. Though it's not perfect, MUFE Face & Body is one of my favorite things right now.

Pros - It is water-based, so it goes well over my gel moisturizer, and doesn't dry out my skin. It's light yet provides enough coverage to even out my skin tone and cover redness without looking like there is anything on my skin. It's also remarkably buildable without getting cakey. The finish is extremely natural, somewhere between satin and dewy. My sensitive skin seems to tolerate it pretty well. I actually like the glass bottle, it feels really nice in my hand and it's sturdy enough that I don't worry about it breaking during travel. I've also used this on my legs to make some bruises less noticeable (mixed with some moisturizing lotion) and my legs looked great.

Cons - It has a floral fragrance that I really dislike, and I try not to use fragranced products on my sensitive skin, but this is good enough in all other respects (and my skin hasn't freaked out yet using it), so I can overlook this flaw. If I want to cover my freckles (sunspots) I need to use a dedicated concealer, because the foundation is a bit too light for that. The color selection is strange - my skin isn't all that pale, but I had to buy the Ivory 20 shade, which seems to be the lightest yellow-toned shade in the entire range. Even then, it's just the slightest bit dark on my winter complexion.

I like to apply it with the Eco Tools Skin Perfecting Brush, which was designed for use with BB creams. This foundation is light enough that the Skin Perfecting Brush is perfect for it. First I put a couple pumps of foundation on the back of my hand, then I dip the brush in and apply it all over my face. Then I use a stippling motion to get everything nice and even and natural looking. Then I add one more pump to the back of my hand, get some more product on the brush, and stipple a second coat onto areas that need more coverage.

on 2/28/2015 1:41:00 PM

Let me start out by saying I love this foundation. The best way I can describe this is that it does for skin what wood stain does for wood - you look healthy, and even, and glowy all while letting things like freckles and birthmarks show through. The fact that this just tints the skin instead of masking it means it takes away all of my redness and uneven patches while not making it look like I am wearing anything at all. Also, because it is 80% water, it doesn't add thickness to the areas which I would rather hide. This thin, watery texture also means that the product is very buildable and so any breakouts or larger areas of redness can just have a quick second layer applied and still look like nothing is even there.
For me the slightly floral scent disappears quickly and doesn't irritate my skin in any way and the watery texture leaves my skin hydrated but not in any way oily or greasy. I found this foundation holds up well to all climates and doesn't move around the face or disappear throughout the day.
The only thing I would ever change or add to this foundation is a yellow based color that is lighter than #20. While I find (like any tinted moisturizer type product) it is easy to get away with a shade too light or too dark, I find that the lightest colors in this range are very pink and so very pale girls may feel they cannot find a match.
I used to think this was a foundation for people who didn't really need any coverage and just wanted something light - but I now believe it could honestly work for anyone because it just makes skin look so healthy and amazing. I would definitely recommend that everyone go to their local counter to try it- it is probably different than what you are used to but I think you'll end up falling in love!

on 2/16/2015 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This winter I have been looking for the perfect foundation for my very dry skin. I tried a bunch of different foundations that were all supposed to be good for dry skin but they always ended up enhancing my dry patches and looking cakey. I am so happy i have found this foundation. It is perfect for my dry skin. What I love about it is that it looks like skin and it doesn't look like i caked on a lot of makeup. It is a light coverage but it is buildable and dries very quickly, the only problem is that all their shades seem very dark. I got one of the lightest colors, ivory 20 but it is too dark, more for medium skin tones. However it still seems to blend with my skin tone because of it's light coverage. I would like to try the porcelain 38 but i can't find it in stock anywhere.

on 2/9/2015 12:22:00 PM

MY STORY: I just picked up this foundation a few days ago after reading reviews about how light and "just like real skin" it is and also that it's waterproof (since I wanted something for a beachy vacation where humidity is crazy, even at night). The SA at Sephora used their computer matching thingie to find me a foundation match and she picked out #20 in Ivory. She applied some to my face and I thought it looked pretty darn good! I bought the bottle along with the Sephora #55 brush and some Shiseido sunscreen and was happily on my way. The next day, I tried the foundation. Holy tanned face! The color was so dark compared to my neck and chest! I had to wear a scarf when I went out bc I was rather embarrassed about it, lol. I jumped in my car and went back to Sephora to get a lighter sample. They did not have #38 so I ended up choosing #2 and got a generous sample to bring home. #2 is very pink but it's a tiny bit lighter than #20, so I mixed them and it's perfect! I mixed them about 3:1 (3 parts #20). I really wish they had a better color match for me without mixing but this will work for now.

HOW I USE IT: As others have said, you can get light to medium coverage and it doesn't look heavy or caked on if you do 2 layers (I didn't try 3). I use about 4 pumps of the bottle for my whole face (and add the #2 for a good color match). I do two layers on certain areas that need more coverage. I smear/rub it on, patting my skin a bit. It stays wet for quite some time so once it starts to dry down a bit, I use the #55 brush to lightly buff it in for a nice airbrush effect. It does leave a somewhat dewy finish, which I like, but I prefer to wear my MAC MSF in medium over top of it, which also adds a bit of coverage.

OVERALL: I think this has to be my favorite foundation. It doesn't really feel like foundation because it's so light. And it doesn't look like foundation, it looks like skin. Others have complained about the smell but I actually like it. I have combo skin with an oily T-zone and I find this is moisturizing where it needs to be and non-slipping in the oily areas. It doesn't settle into fine lines or accentuate breakouts but I definitely need a concealer for covering darker spots. I wish they had more (lighter) color choices, maybe even matched to the MUFE Full Cover concealer, which I love. I use #5 in the concealer, which would be too light all over my face but it works to highlight the inner corners of my eyes and cover pimples. So, I gave this only 4 lippies because of the poor color choices for lighter skin tones. I really hope this foundation works for me on my vacation. I'll come back to give an update in March!

on 1/19/2015 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I just came across a review I wrote on this foundation back in 2010...it's hard to believe it's been 5 years of head-over-heels love. There is just nothing, NOTHING, else like this foundation. I want to update this review, plus add parts of my original review, because I want others to know about this incredible makeup. It could be just what you're looking for if you want "skin-like" and "incredibly long-wearing". It's just beautiful and exceptional.

Parts of original review from 2010:

Completely outstanding, in every way. The only negative about this foundation is that it took me so long to try it. I'm not getting any younger, and my combination/oily skin, which is oily in hot weather, is "normal" with occasional dryness during cool weather.On my skin, I've never felt any other makeup with a texture like MUFE Face & Body Liquid foundation. It's so light, it seems to disappear into my skin immediately, and I was surprised at how different it felt from the "cream" I'd expected it to feel like. It seemed to vanish, but when I compared the back of my right hand to my left, which happened to be dry and chapped, I realized Face & Body is in a class by itself. Used daily on my face and neck, it provides excellent performance for evening-out my skin tone, smoothing fine lines, and covering my pores. Its lasting power is remarkable - truly morning to night, and it does not get dry, cakey, or melt. Shade #34, is a perfect match for my skin (at this time of year), and it's shocking just how much this foundation looks like actual skin; not like makeup covering skin. It feels absolutely refreshing. , I have a hard time finding foundation color matches for my olive skin (Mac NC 35-37, C4 range). Many foundations seem to develop grey undertones on my skin, which looks terrible, or they seem to be a good match, but they're too light when applied over my whole face. MUFE Face & Body #34 keeps the "warmth" in my coloring, and it adds a flattering softness. My face matches the rest of me. This dried to a light powder finish. This foundation works well over sunscreens, and it's beautiful over primer, or just bare skin. I want to "mute" my pores, and this does just that. Face & Body's finish is almost matte, but it's too soft for me to think of it as mattifying. It doesn't streak, or crack around my eyes in the least. I spend days by the pool wearing this, swimming and sitting in the sun, and I still have "flawless" skin at the end of the day. I've read a few reviews that say this foundation "separates" but mine hasn't ever done this. Maybe it depends on the color? Climate? I am so, so happy with this foundation, and I'm sure it's, by far, the finest liquid foundation I've found.