December 21, 2014 | 1941 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 6:05:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's not perfect, but i could still give it 10 lippies if i could.

Why? It's because this foundation looks JUST. LIKE. SKIN. All foundations claim to give flawless skin texture but this one actually does what it promises. I cannot "see" this foundation on my face, even on a sunny day with a magnifying mirror. It doesn't make dry & flaking parts of my face visible. I'm on retinol treatment right now so foundations seem to get under flaking areas but not this one. Even after i apply a ton of powder, i still cannot see that cake face. It also wears off beautifully and not patchy.

I also love the pump applicator and the amount of product in one bottle.

Now, the downsides...

First off, color selection is a bit awry. The lightest shade which is 20 Ivory is not that light nor is it truly "ivory"; it has some golden beige look to it and makes my face look a bit tanned. I purchased no 38 because it seemed lighter, but it lives up to its name being "pink porcelain" so it's a pink based very light beige. I needed a yellow-based light beige but no, there are no true yellow based colors in the selection.

This product is very liquid in consistency. It feels like rubbing water on your face & it feels wet for a minute or two. I rub it in with my fingers until it becomes tacky and then i pat my face to set the texture. It also gives a dewy finish (not satin, mind you!) and you might need to blot oily areas after a few hours.

Although it's sheer, you can apply two layers without looking cakey and get a medium coverage.

I'm not a fan of its smell too. It's a heavy, old-lady kind of smell that thankfully disappears after a few minutes. But those who are sensitive might want to steer clear because of this.

This also needs a good shake before use. It gets clumpy very easily. Also, when you first purchase a bottle, make sure you shake it for a few minutes, all this time it was sitting in the drawer not moving an inch.

Despite all the downsides to it, it became my HG foundation instantly because of the finish it gives. I heard people say "glad you're finally letting your skin breathe!" "Are you wearing makeup? your skin looks good!"

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by BritMC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My new HG foundation. I have normal/dry skin with very slight redness on my cheeks, and my pores tend to look huge under foundation, causing everything to look cakey. Normally I'll go for a medium-full coverage foundation just to cover the small area of redness so I don't have to "layer" because layering always ends up looking cakey/emphasizing my pores. Sheer coverage foundations have never given me enough coverage on my cheeks, and when I layer.. you guessed it. Cake face.

I decided to try this foundation on a whim after hearing that it is really great for NOT emphasizing pores, giving natural buildable coverage and making the skin look radiant. I was skeptical at first... I was almost certain it wasn't going to give enough coverage or that layering it would result in the dreaded pore-filled cake face - but it was the Sephora VIB sale so why not give it a try.

I decided to use a water-based primer to accompany this foundation - as the foundation is water based. I applied a decent amount to my face and blended with my fingers. It sets pretty quick so you have to blend fast. It gave me enough coverage on the other areas of my face instantly. I decided to try layering on my cheeks for some extra coverage - and POOF! Perfect... buildable coverage and NO PORES!! The finish was beautiful and radiant... not quite dewy but not matte either. Just natural skin. Its SO nice to have a foundation that has buildable coverage that DOESNT cake. I don't need coverage everywhere on my face... just on my cheeks. The foundation lasted ALL day and didn't budge at all. No oil, dryness, fading or smudging. I just use concealer under my eyes and around my nose and everything looks flawless - poreless. I am so happy that I don't have to spend $65 on a small bottle of Guerlain Lingerie De Peau anymore.

I definitely recommend this foundation for the other ladies out there struggling with pores, redness or their foundation not lasting all day. Also amazing for those girls out there with pretty good skin who just need a boost of radiance or to even out skin-tone. DON'T use with a silicone based primer though, it won't work as well with this water-based foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by luhhsetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation from hearing great things about it with oily skin and that it is water resistant.

I have VERY oily skin and have been using powder foundations for the longest time. I wanted a little bit more coverage, so I decided to try MUFE Face & Body.

The foundation never seems to set on its own (feels tacky) so it's a MUST to set with powder. After using my MAC prep + prime powder, I will stay matte for maybe 1 hour if i'm lucky.

Overall, it'll be perfect for someone who:

1) has dry/combo skin
2) likes little coverage

Returning to Sephora tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know why, but can someone please tell me why makeup companies think that to be fair means to have strong pink tones? I tried this in two colors, #32 which I should have known better as it was too dark and #20 which was a shade too pink.

I should make comment now that I'm pretty lazy when it comes to daily beauty rituals, I prefer quick and effective. On to my notes: Coverage was sheer to light/medium, depending on how many layers you applied (I prefer medium); it leaves a very pretty dewy finish to the skin, didn't look unnatural and seemed to wear quite well, it does have a perfume-y smell to it, but I'm used to strong smells that didn't bother me…my only real grip was the color and if you have a blemish, you will need many layers and concealer and powder (that's too much work for me). So, overall, if you have relatively good skin that just needs a minor evening, and want a natural dewy coverage that highlights your skin texture and can find your perfect color - This is your foundation. continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i first wore this 4 years ago when i had oilier skin and it did not work for me. however, now that i'm almost 30 with drier skin, this is my FAVOURITE foundation. it has light/sheer coverage. im NC20 and use shade 38. it starts off a bit light but once it settles/oxidizes on me after 30 mins, it ends up the perfect pretty shade.

in my experience:
>> not recommended for oily skin with open pores - fades and poor coverage

>> recommended for normal or dry/combo skin - long lasting, brightening, uplifting

>> it can be built up to medium, but definitely not full coverage.

>> tone and moisturize WELL first to get rid of any flakiness and to plump up skin (minimizing the look of pores)

ADDITIONAL FOUNDATION TIPS (mostly based on lisa eldrige's tips):

>> KNOW YOUR RIGHTS in the country you're buying it from - check if you can return/exchange the product if you find the colour, texture, coverage doesn't suit you.
if you're in UK for example, EU hygiene regulations say you cannot return a used/opened cosmetic product e.g. you CANNOT return a foundation EVEN if the sales associate wrongly colour matched you. but in USA you can get a refund simply because you dont like the foundation

>> if you can't get refunds or exchanges, insist on a sample, even bring your own little pot

>> test on your neck as well, not only your jawline/facial skin. ensure uniformity from the neck, shoulders, and decolletage up.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by EmmaLovesBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off its an odd texture very gel like when I was expecting it to be runny however I find it incredibly easy to blend. I had to guess my colour but I got 38 and its one of the best matches I have found for my fair skin. I wasnt looking for much coverage even with my scarring I just wanted a nice even base and this foundation hasn't caked at all which is rare for me. It doesn't quite last all day on my oily skin but due to its light coverage you can't really tell when areas have worn away so I carry on wearing it all day with the occasional chance to powder to keep me matte. I would have to say this is the best foundation I've ever had as my skin looks fresh and non cakey, it doesn't break me out my only complaint is that I wish it was cheaper! But the price isn't a deal breaker.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by danamarie11740

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was tempted to purchase this foundation after I had gone to a pool party at a family member's house. I was looking for a foundation that wouldn't melt off my face the second I hit the water. I read the reviews on here and said to myself, "Self, what harm could it do to buy it? If you don't like it, return it!" So, I went to my local Sephora last week and purchased the shade Ivory 20 (for reference, I was color matched as NW20 at MAC with pink undertones all over my cheeks, but I have beige-y/yellow casts in my neck, which would put me at NC20, so I chose a more appropriate color to blend). The price is a bit more than I wanted to spend, but I feel that you get what you pay for most of the time, and again, don't like it, return it. I figured I would give it a full week before I went and reviewed it. This stuff is truly amazing. I love the packaging! it has a pump, which is always nice; however, be careful when pumping as this is a VERY liquid-y foundation. You must shake it before you pump. The way I apply this is starting off with a primer (I am OILY!) and then apply it with my beauty blender or fingers if I'm in a rush. I let that set, then apply a second layer to ensure that the pink tones on my cheeks are covered. This foundation lasts all day on my oily, oily, oily skin. There is a scent to it, but I personally don't find it offensive. If you are interested in a waterproof foundation, and are willing to spend the $40, I would definitely purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by chris100401

I love this foundation, especially in summer. It feel light on and last a long time when paired with primer. It has a nice satin finish. I layer it depending on how my skin is and the weather. Usually 2 layers gives nice coverage without being cakey. It doesn't clog my pores. I've also have occasional break outs on my back and have used this to cover it up, you just have to set and blot it. It is a bit runny and you have to shake it well, but it blends well. I wear Sand, I'm NC25. The shades are a bit limited, but if you have a match it is worth the steep price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by JillHamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This very interestingly textured foundation is just what I've been looking for. It is very gelatinous and watery. There is very little slip to it, so the velvety silicone feel that most other foundations have is missing. However, it does go on well and very even, no patches or streaks and does not cling to dry areas. Pores virtually disappear and STAY THAT WAY! It is buildable to medium coverage and the staying power is pretty impressive. I put 2 light layers on and then cover with another light layer of Dermablend INTENSE camo powder (which is actually another foundation). No breakouts or clogged pores so far. Very impressed with this foundation and will def buy again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Mikeswife

This is my first foray into a regular-use foundation. I am overall very happy with this choice.

Price: I took one lippie off for the price, because at $45, it's a lot more expensive than the MAC version ($27 for double the quantity). While comparable, however, I am not so sure the two are the same.

Package: I think I read somewhere that this didn't always come with a pump (if the picture above is accurate). The bottle I received had one at no extra charge; it's easy to dispense. I don't mind the glass packaging either.

Product: As my first sentence states, this is the first foundation I have ever purchased with the intent to use it every day. I spent a good number of years using BB's tinted moisturizer, but as I got older (sigh), I started to feel that the amount of coverage provided by that product was just a hair short of complete. I have long been averse to foundations--I feel that overall they are too heavy, cakey, unnatural--give me a negative adjective about them and I've thought it--but finally came to the realization that I needed to at least try.

I did extensive research (we're talking days!) on products and found Temptalia's matrix extraordinarily helpful in narrowing down what I was trying to find--something with sheer / light coverage, and a natural / luminous finish. I started with NARS Sheer Glow--nope. Next up were samples of MAC F&B first, tried that for a few days, liked it, but kept stumbling upon online reviews and endorsements of this product over MAC, and felt like I needed to give it a shot.

I was using N1 / N2 in MAC and picked up shade 20 in this, which, first out of the bottle, looked far too dark. It also has a gel-like consistency, so it's not unusual to pump some out and end up with a glob in the middle of the liquid. This also has a light floral scent compared to MAC, which doesn't bother me too much. (Apparently, I am only intensely picky about scents in moisturizers).

What this had that MAC seemed to fall a bit short on was the luminous, natural finish I was after. Don't get me wrong--if price is an issue, in terms of coverage, color line, packaging, ease of application, natural look--MAC F&B is just about even with this and a fantastic value/product, one I wouldn't hesitate to pick up. But I can honestly say that this is the first time I've ever used a foundation in my life and haven't immediately wanted to scrub it off my face for looking like a mask. It evens out my skin with *just* enough coverage so that I can tell I have something on, but everyone else thinks I look like me, but better. It doesn't cling to problem areas (moisturizing and exfoliating products have helped a lot with that as well), I get exactly enough out of one pump (so no waste) and I really feel it finishes to the best version of my skin. Overall, I'm really happy with this and will certainly buy again.