Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 5/8/2015 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i am very fair, cool toned, with normal to dry skin. i have this in shade #38, pink porcelain. it's the lightest cool toned shade available (to my eye, at least)

pros:
- so, so comfortable to wear
- colour match is great/huge shade range
- mixes so well with liquid illuminators (some heavier foundations separate if you try this, and i wear liquid illuminator nearly every day)
- doesn't look cakey, ever
- sheer coverage of a tinted moisturiser, but not greasy. very buildable

cons:
???????????

price: it's very expensive, the most expensive foundation i've ever bought. but the bottle is 50ml, bigger than the standard 30ml. the mac f&b is cheaper, but the bottle doesn't come with a pump and the lightest cool shade is neither pink enough nor light enough for me.

repurchase: yes. i need it in my life

on 5/6/2015 11:29:00 AM

OMG This is my holy grail foundation. Make Up For Ever has so many great foundations and I've used all of them before, but I feel like the Face & Body Liquid Make Up doesn't get as much raves as their other foundations, which is such a pity since this one is hands-down my favorite foundation of all time and this is no joke 'cause I'm a competitive Irish dancer and also a makeup artist, and this foundation has been my favorite foundation ever since I started doing makeup.
It's very watery but it gives a medium to full coverage, depending on whether you're using a brush or a sponge to apply it. It comes in a wide range of colors, with over 10 different shades (if I remembered correctly). I think the packaging is great, but since I'm a competitive Irish dancer/makeup artist, I actually don't have the glass bottle version. Mine is a plastic bottle one which contains more than twice the amount of foundation in the glass bottle one.

on 4/21/2015 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

The texture is really incomparable compared to the 15+ other foundations I've tried in my life. It's thin and flexible and has a super malleable and skin-like finish.

Which means it's impossible for this foundation to ever be cakey. Really. It makes sense why I think Donna Mee (all around great makeup artist and entrepreneur) has listed this as one of her all time favorite foundations to work with.

Sadly I am not a girl who can go without medium coverage, so I have to mix this with another foundation. I also mix this because the shade I have is a bit too yellow for my taste but that's honestly not a problem since I have lots of other foundations I need to use up. Therefore this foundation is not HG material, but because of its truly amazing texture, I'm still giving it 4 lippies.

Upon longevity, I honestly don't know how long this stuff would last. I imagine it would last pretty long because it's got a water-based formulation. Note: shake the bottle before you use it. Trust me on this one.

This foundation is really for people who have nice skin and for people who want a refreshing dewy look. It's worth the forty dollars to me even with its flaws because I think it has a really beautiful finish that I can rely on not screw up 2 hours later (like a ton of other foundations). So if you can find a great color match, I doubt you'd regret buying this.

on 4/16/2015 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thoughts on MUFE Face and Body Foundation:
Bought #20 and #32. 20 is a good match right now (nw20), and 32 is darker/more yellow--probably good for self tanning in the summer? Shook it and squirted some out and it was VERY liquid. Shook it for 5 mins and tried again and it was better, more jello like texture. The scent is STRONG, like some childhood toy or fake makeup I had growing up? For some reason My Little Ponies come to mind.. Smell has diminished but not disappeared in 10 mins. Foundation layered nicely, but does require a little time between layers to go on smoothly. Doesn't hide pores, but doesn't accentuate them thankfully like NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation does. Finish is glowier than expected but I was wearing maracuja oil underneath. I set my t zone with the MUFE HD powder. Feels slightly tacky on skin. Doesn't completely cover redness but diminishes it and I like that I can build up an extra layer in the areas I need more coverage. Nearly undetectable on skin--looks like skin. Doesn't crease or crack even in my smile lines or dry areas. Has not broken me out. HG status if it weren't for that weird smell..

Who I think this would work for: people who don't normally wear foundation or prefer a light coverage, people with dry to combination skin (oily skinned people may require primer/powder/setting spray to make this work for them), men, someone who is new to makeup (as this is very easy to apply with fingers, and the sheerness of it makes it forgiving), someone who is looking to lightly even out their complexion or diminish minor redness (this will work for you if you have blemishes if you use a separate concealer for them), someone who wants their foundation to be undetectable up close or far away.

on 4/14/2015 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite foundation, and I've tried nearly every foundation out there. The coverage is light and beautiful. I usually go for a medium coverage to full due to acne flare ups and uneven skin tone, but I don't know what it is about this stuff!! It makes my skin look so healthy and even that the lighter coverage doesn't bother me. I just spot my problem areas with a tad more concealer. (I love Sonia Kashuk from Target) I am a #34 (NC40 or C4 in Mac depending on season) the color is a little more tan than I am currently but blends well as my face is lighter than the rest of my body anyhow. I do tend to get a bit oily after hours of wear with most foundations, the same is with this foundation, but it's more of a glow than a oil slick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is skin. There is no other way for me to describe it. Though it's not meant for full coverage and doesn't conceal my acne scars completely, it has a way of making your skin look nearly perfect. I apply 3 pumps for my entire face. As my first layer, I apply 2 pumps all over. Completely evens out my skin tone. Next, I apply the smallest amount of concealer onto my problem areas. Lastly, I finish it with my last pump. My skin looks so flawless! Blends beautifully, doesn't cling around my nose, doesn't transfer as much, and provides the most natural skin-like finish. Although I have very oily, acne-prone skin, my face accepts it with open arms.

I use shade 34.
For reference:
Urban Decay Naked Skin - 6/7
Mac NC 37-40
Tarte Amazonian Clay - Tan Honey
Missha Perfect Cover / Signature BB Cream - 27

on 3/27/2015 1:50:00 AM

First off, this is not a full coverage foundation at allllllll. It's also only mildly buildable. BUT, I was tired of using thick, uncomfortable foundation that suffocated my skin. I also have gotten tired of making my skin look waaayyy better than it actually does.
All that being said, this foundation is perfect. It makes my skin look healthier. It doesn't fully coat my blemishes/bright red marks, but lightly glazes over them giving them a lighter appearance. It also helps reduce the redness of my mild rosacea and didn't cause my sensitive/acne-prone skin to break out. This foundation also never felt gross on my face throughout the whole day. It actually kind of felt like I had applied a nice moisturizer. Another thing is, my face usually likes to get really oily and, even though the consistency of the foundation is very watery, I had the LEAST oiliness on my face than I have with any foundation. I had even applied some spf moisturizer before applying the foundation.
So..

PROS:
Comfortable/Light
Healthy glow-like finish
Blends easily
Didn't feel like it "cracked"
Nice packaging
Doesn't irritate my skin
Doesn't catch on dry spots
Doesn't settle into creases

Cons:
Isn't full coverage (if you want full coverage)
Fragrance (I don't need my face to smell like a flower)

I would recommend this product even more to someone with generally nice skin already as it will accentuate it even more, giving a "better than skin" look.

on 3/25/2015 9:31:00 PM

I have rosacea and sensitive skin, so finding a good foundation that is light enough to not feel cakey but provides good coverage. I don't mind the mild fragrance and do not find that it irritates my skin. I usually like a powder foundation like Smashbox Halo, MUFE Face and Body has converted me over to this product. My only mild annoyance is the few color selections - as a really pale person, I'd prefer a lighter option.

on 3/1/2015 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have mostly dry, extremely sensitive skin with some redness and bumpiness on my cheeks due to mild rosacea. Many foundations are either too harsh and irritate my skin, or are too cakey and accentuate any dryness and bumps. I also wear a gel moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel) and needed a foundation that would play nice with it. Though it's not perfect, MUFE Face & Body is one of my favorite things right now.

Pros - It is water-based, so it goes well over my gel moisturizer, and doesn't dry out my skin. It's light yet provides enough coverage to even out my skin tone and cover redness without looking like there is anything on my skin. It's also remarkably buildable without getting cakey. The finish is extremely natural, somewhere between satin and dewy. My sensitive skin seems to tolerate it pretty well. I actually like the glass bottle, it feels really nice in my hand and it's sturdy enough that I don't worry about it breaking during travel. I've also used this on my legs to make some bruises less noticeable (mixed with some moisturizing lotion) and my legs looked great.

Cons - It has a floral fragrance that I really dislike, and I try not to use fragranced products on my sensitive skin, but this is good enough in all other respects (and my skin hasn't freaked out yet using it), so I can overlook this flaw. If I want to cover my freckles (sunspots) I need to use a dedicated concealer, because the foundation is a bit too light for that. The color selection is strange - my skin isn't all that pale, but I had to buy the Ivory 20 shade, which seems to be the lightest yellow-toned shade in the entire range. Even then, it's just the slightest bit dark on my winter complexion.

I like to apply it with the Eco Tools Skin Perfecting Brush, which was designed for use with BB creams. This foundation is light enough that the Skin Perfecting Brush is perfect for it. First I put a couple pumps of foundation on the back of my hand, then I dip the brush in and apply it all over my face. Then I use a stippling motion to get everything nice and even and natural looking. Then I add one more pump to the back of my hand, get some more product on the brush, and stipple a second coat onto areas that need more coverage.

on 2/28/2015 1:41:00 PM

Let me start out by saying I love this foundation. The best way I can describe this is that it does for skin what wood stain does for wood - you look healthy, and even, and glowy all while letting things like freckles and birthmarks show through. The fact that this just tints the skin instead of masking it means it takes away all of my redness and uneven patches while not making it look like I am wearing anything at all. Also, because it is 80% water, it doesn't add thickness to the areas which I would rather hide. This thin, watery texture also means that the product is very buildable and so any breakouts or larger areas of redness can just have a quick second layer applied and still look like nothing is even there.
For me the slightly floral scent disappears quickly and doesn't irritate my skin in any way and the watery texture leaves my skin hydrated but not in any way oily or greasy. I found this foundation holds up well to all climates and doesn't move around the face or disappear throughout the day.
The only thing I would ever change or add to this foundation is a yellow based color that is lighter than #20. While I find (like any tinted moisturizer type product) it is easy to get away with a shade too light or too dark, I find that the lightest colors in this range are very pink and so very pale girls may feel they cannot find a match.
I used to think this was a foundation for people who didn't really need any coverage and just wanted something light - but I now believe it could honestly work for anyone because it just makes skin look so healthy and amazing. I would definitely recommend that everyone go to their local counter to try it- it is probably different than what you are used to but I think you'll end up falling in love!