July 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i first wore this 4 years ago when i had oilier skin and it did not work for me. however, now that i'm almost 30 with drier skin, this is my FAVOURITE foundation. it has light/sheer coverage. im NC20 and use shade 38. it starts off a bit light but once it settles/oxidizes on me after 30 mins, it ends up the perfect pretty shade.

in my experience:
>> not recommended for oily skin with open pores - fades and poor coverage

>> recommended for normal or dry/combo skin - long lasting, brightening, uplifting

>> it can be built up to medium, but definitely not full coverage.

>> tone and moisturize WELL first to get rid of any flakiness and to plump up skin (minimizing the look of pores)

ADDITIONAL FOUNDATION TIPS (mostly based on lisa eldrige's tips):

>> KNOW YOUR RIGHTS in the country you're buying it from - check if you can return/exchange the product if you find the colour, texture, coverage doesn't suit you.
if you're in UK for example, EU hygiene regulations say you cannot return a used/opened cosmetic product e.g. you CANNOT return a foundation EVEN if the sales associate wrongly colour matched you. but in USA you can get a refund simply because you dont like the foundation

>> if you can't get refunds or exchanges, insist on a sample, even bring your own little pot

>> test on your neck as well, not only your jawline/facial skin. ensure uniformity from the neck, shoulders, and decolletage up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by EmmaLovesBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off its an odd texture very gel like when I was expecting it to be runny however I find it incredibly easy to blend. I had to guess my colour but I got 38 and its one of the best matches I have found for my fair skin. I wasnt looking for much coverage even with my scarring I just wanted a nice even base and this foundation hasn't caked at all which is rare for me. It doesn't quite last all day on my oily skin but due to its light coverage you can't really tell when areas have worn away so I carry on wearing it all day with the occasional chance to powder to keep me matte. I would have to say this is the best foundation I've ever had as my skin looks fresh and non cakey, it doesn't break me out my only complaint is that I wish it was cheaper! But the price isn't a deal breaker.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by danamarie11740

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was tempted to purchase this foundation after I had gone to a pool party at a family member's house. I was looking for a foundation that wouldn't melt off my face the second I hit the water. I read the reviews on here and said to myself, "Self, what harm could it do to buy it? If you don't like it, return it!" So, I went to my local Sephora last week and purchased the shade Ivory 20 (for reference, I was color matched as NW20 at MAC with pink undertones all over my cheeks, but I have beige-y/yellow casts in my neck, which would put me at NC20, so I chose a more appropriate color to blend). The price is a bit more than I wanted to spend, but I feel that you get what you pay for most of the time, and again, don't like it, return it. I figured I would give it a full week before I went and reviewed it. This stuff is truly amazing. I love the packaging! it has a pump, which is always nice; however, be careful when pumping as this is a VERY liquid-y foundation. You must shake it before you pump. The way I apply this is starting off with a primer (I am OILY!) and then apply it with my beauty blender or fingers if I'm in a rush. I let that set, then apply a second layer to ensure that the pink tones on my cheeks are covered. This foundation lasts all day on my oily, oily, oily skin. There is a scent to it, but I personally don't find it offensive. If you are interested in a waterproof foundation, and are willing to spend the $40, I would definitely purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by chris100401

I love this foundation, especially in summer. It feel light on and last a long time when paired with primer. It has a nice satin finish. I layer it depending on how my skin is and the weather. Usually 2 layers gives nice coverage without being cakey. It doesn't clog my pores. I've also have occasional break outs on my back and have used this to cover it up, you just have to set and blot it. It is a bit runny and you have to shake it well, but it blends well. I wear Sand, I'm NC25. The shades are a bit limited, but if you have a match it is worth the steep price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by JillHamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This very interestingly textured foundation is just what I've been looking for. It is very gelatinous and watery. There is very little slip to it, so the velvety silicone feel that most other foundations have is missing. However, it does go on well and very even, no patches or streaks and does not cling to dry areas. Pores virtually disappear and STAY THAT WAY! It is buildable to medium coverage and the staying power is pretty impressive. I put 2 light layers on and then cover with another light layer of Dermablend INTENSE camo powder (which is actually another foundation). No breakouts or clogged pores so far. Very impressed with this foundation and will def buy again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Mikeswife

This is my first foray into a regular-use foundation. I am overall very happy with this choice.

Price: I took one lippie off for the price, because at $45, it's a lot more expensive than the MAC version ($27 for double the quantity). While comparable, however, I am not so sure the two are the same.

Package: I think I read somewhere that this didn't always come with a pump (if the picture above is accurate). The bottle I received had one at no extra charge; it's easy to dispense. I don't mind the glass packaging either.

Product: As my first sentence states, this is the first foundation I have ever purchased with the intent to use it every day. I spent a good number of years using BB's tinted moisturizer, but as I got older (sigh), I started to feel that the amount of coverage provided by that product was just a hair short of complete. I have long been averse to foundations--I feel that overall they are too heavy, cakey, unnatural--give me a negative adjective about them and I've thought it--but finally came to the realization that I needed to at least try.

I did extensive research (we're talking days!) on products and found Temptalia's matrix extraordinarily helpful in narrowing down what I was trying to find--something with sheer / light coverage, and a natural / luminous finish. I started with NARS Sheer Glow--nope. Next up were samples of MAC F&B first, tried that for a few days, liked it, but kept stumbling upon online reviews and endorsements of this product over MAC, and felt like I needed to give it a shot.

I was using N1 / N2 in MAC and picked up shade 20 in this, which, first out of the bottle, looked far too dark. It also has a gel-like consistency, so it's not unusual to pump some out and end up with a glob in the middle of the liquid. This also has a light floral scent compared to MAC, which doesn't bother me too much. (Apparently, I am only intensely picky about scents in moisturizers).

What this had that MAC seemed to fall a bit short on was the luminous, natural finish I was after. Don't get me wrong--if price is an issue, in terms of coverage, color line, packaging, ease of application, natural look--MAC F&B is just about even with this and a fantastic value/product, one I wouldn't hesitate to pick up. But I can honestly say that this is the first time I've ever used a foundation in my life and haven't immediately wanted to scrub it off my face for looking like a mask. It evens out my skin with *just* enough coverage so that I can tell I have something on, but everyone else thinks I look like me, but better. It doesn't cling to problem areas (moisturizing and exfoliating products have helped a lot with that as well), I get exactly enough out of one pump (so no waste) and I really feel it finishes to the best version of my skin. Overall, I'm really happy with this and will certainly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by dani2323

This is my all time favourite foundation. I like to layer my make up and this foundation is perfect for that. It doesn't look cakey when I layer it, it gives a really nice sheer finish with great coverage. This foundation is perfect for my skin type which is normal to combination. I highly suggest this foundation!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I debated between giving this foundation 2 and 3 stars. I have had it for a long time, longer than the recommended 2 years for foundations. My skintone was no darker back then, but I was worse at selecting the proper shade, so I bought Ivory 20, which is supposed to be for light skin with beige undertones. I wouldn't purchase this foundation again, but I think Porcelain 38 would have been a better match for me. However, that is not why I gave it 2 stars, because that was my fault. The coverage is decent, and I like the fact that it can be used on the body. However, the fragrance is strong and repulsive. It fades to some extent, but the main reason I don't like this foundation is that even after shaking vigorously 20 times, when I squirt a pump onto my hand, it comes out with little gelatinous pieces dispersed throughout the liquid. Disgusting, messy, and it makes it difficult and unpleasant to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by IreneIss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this product on a whim, hoping to use it for the summer as I don't like using foundation during the summer months. I was warned that this product was runny and it certainly was! The weird part was that it was runny and it congeals at the same time. It goes on fairly well, but covers nothing, so if you're looking to hide any flaws this is not the product for you. It initially left me with a dewy glow, but that disappeared fairly quickly and by the end of the day it looked like I was wearing nothing at all. It also has an old lady smell, which MUFE should consider getting rid of. I'm a big fan of MUFE products, but I do not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you are a fan of tinted moisturiser then you are bound to like this foundation a lot. I don't use tinted moisturiser but love using F&B. This is the only foundation I have like this, the consistency is very thin and runny and almost slightly gel like, comes in a nice hygenic glass bottle with a pump included, I found 2 - 3 pumps of this more than adequate to cover my face and build a little more coverage where needed. This is a light - medium coverage at most, I think but it's still nice to see skin through and feels so good on.

After a bit of experimentation I found for me this did not last the distance applied with a damp BB and had a much better finish and lasted longer with a flat top brush. With a light powdering over top this gives hours or wear and looks like natural healthy skin.

I'm NC15 and went for the lightest shade #20 (Ivory) (swatch above). It looks darker than any other foundation I own in the bottle, but when applied blends beautifully and is a good colour match. I have had this foundation for 9 months but do alternate my foundations quite a bit - F&B seems good for both summer and winter.