Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I used to wear the black/brown shade of Revlon Colorstay everyday before I switched over to MAC fluidline. I find that Revlon Colorstay has nearly the staying power of the MAC eyeliner, which is impressive considering that it runs about $6 for one in comparison to MAC fluidline, which runs closer to $17. I recently bought Revlon Colorstay again in Charcoal, Amethyst, Sapphire and my old favorite, Black Brown. I like having these pencils around for when I don't have time to apply eyeliner using a brush. I LOVE Sapphire. It is the perfect shade of matte blue that isn't too overwhelming but still gives your eyes a nice pop of color. The amethyst shade is less impressive. I find that you have to apply a few coats for it to really show up but it is still nice for a more subtle purple eyeliner. Charcoal and Black Brown are very nice shades as well with great staying power. I love Revlon Colorstay, you really can't go wrong buying these. They are cheap, they will stay put even on the most oily eyelids and they don't irritate your skin. The color selection is lovely as well. Will definitely buy again.

I first tried this eyeliner back in my college days when this liner was all the rage. Back then I did like it and being a student on a budget it was glorious! Fast forward 5 years later. I ran out of my usual liner and picked this up for emergency purposes since I needed something ASAP. It did an "ok" job. Pretty much your average liner that does not wow. I think it is very forgettable. I simply used it up because I didn't want to waste it. My gosh, the retractable part broke halfway through so I could barely use it. Such a shame. It is poor at sharpening and that darn cap never stays on! Don't even try this for the lower lash line unless you want raccoon eyes. If you don't have anything else it is fine for the upper lash line. Otherwise, stay away! I generally like Revlon's makeup line but this is a miss for me.

After L' oreal discontinued my all time fav Silikissime eyeliner, I've been spending a lot to find a pencil that stays on all day. Based on the reviews here I tried Revlon colorstay. I have to say that comparing to others, the pencil does the job, it stays on for about 6 hours, but then it smudges. I'm staying with this until I find my HG eyeliner again. Not sure whether I buy it again since it contains paraben products, which I usually avoid.

I read the reviews before buying this product and I'm so glad I did. The reviews steered me in the right direction and I bought 3 in different colors ( the were on sale). I opened one and used it for a few days before opening the others. While the smudger on the end isn't worth anything, it's not soft enough, this pencil is soft and doesn't pull. Doesn't smear, smudge or run and comes off in the shower with my face cleaner. Using a high quality smudger it allows you to get a great smokey look because it blends easy. Even at full price $9, it's well worth it!

I had been using a very cheap eyeliner ($1) from Sally's and it ran everywhere immediately after application so I wanted to find a new eyeliner that would stay for at least three hours. When I asked my friends for advice on what eyeliner to buy they all suggested very expensive brands. I could not afford any of those so I took a chance a bought this Revlon Colorstay in black. It is AMAZING. The best eyeliner I have ever used. I have even taken naps in it and my eyeliner looks perfect when I wake up. It goes on smooth and evenly. It was no more than $6 at Walmart.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is an excellent eyeliner, and there's really no reason to spend more money. It goes on easy, stays put, and comes in a good range of colors. It comes with a sharpener and a smudger on the end, and that part isn't very well designed. I don't need the sharpener with this automatic pencil, but I do use the smudging tip, but whenever I take off the little cap the whole end comes off, so I always have to fool with it. A little re-design would make it perfect.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a liquid eyeliner girl all the way, but not anymore since I've found this. my friend swore by it and while out shopping together she pointed it out and I decided to pick it up, along with a couple NYX liners. I ran out of my first stick of this, used thee NYX for maybe 3 days and immediately ran out to target to buy more of these. it glides on smooth, is super precise, especially for an automatic eyeliner, snd lasts literally all day. I have trouble finding liner thay doesn't smudge down into the creases under my eyes by mid day, and this one does not for the most part, unless it's a really hot summer day. seriously, holy grail eyeliner. I will likely never touch liquid again because of this product.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

The sharpener is a mess. The first time I sharpened this, the pencil broke. The second time I sharpened, it broke again. Finally, I figured out I was entirely wasting money by using the sharpener. The quality of the pencil, in terms of pigment, is actually quite good, so no complaints there. Paid $7.99 for this at Rite Aid.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Hands down the BEST drugstore eyeliner to buy. I have purchased dozens of these over the years. I like that they do not need to be sharpened, come in a good variety of colors, my favorites being the brown and charcoal shades, and they last all day. That being said, I will state that you don't want to twist up the stick of color too far or it will snap off.

The other little trick I do to "set" the color, is to take a good flat eyeliner brush and gently run it over the eyeliner to smudge it slightly (the smudger they give you on the end isn't worth a dime). I find doing this seems the help the color stay on much longer. You will need a bi-phase eye makeup remover to get this formulation off. I use the Neutrogena eye makeup remover.

These can run anywere from $6-8 depending on where you purchase them.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used this for tighliting, since I don't put eyeliner on my waterline. It transfers very easily to my waterline and it just goes everywhere. I would not repurchase. I currently use the Rimmel eyeliner, which is waterproof and does not transfer at all.