Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

Average eyeliner. I bought it for my waterline. It didn't have the smoothest application (maybe because of the thicker tip). I had to press a bit harder to get the deep, dark black I love. It smudged on me and last nowhere near the claim. Mileage seems to vary on this, but it wasn't what I was personally looking for.

Perhaps if your eyes aren't as sensitive or you don't need super long lasting makeup this might work. Most eyeliners smudge on me.

I like to line all the way around my eyes daily, and I also always layer pencil under liquid for a bold, all day long lasting wear. This is the pencil I use (in Black), under the Colorstay liquid liner (also in Black), and on my waterline. It does have good color payoff, and does resist smudging longer than other pencils, but I find "sealing" the liner with a liquid is the key to all day wear without touch-ups. I work in the medical field and don't have time to stop and fix my eyeliner, so these two products are life-savers! I have been through so many of these, so yes, I would repurchase!

on 3/23/2015 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Good dark black colour, long lasting and holds well.
But it is a bit hard to apply, not very creamy. This can be beneficial if you want to have a faint grey-black look for everyday no-make up look, but you will have to press to get a dark black clean line.

I will not repurchase, just because I want to browse and try new products.
Hope this helps. :)

on 3/14/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I keep coming back this eyeliner. I have strayed to gel liner and other pencil liners but I go this liner for convience and lasting power. The black is pretty black; I have no complaints about the color. The formula is a little dry. There is slight tugging on the upper eyelids but I don't find it bad enough to be a con. Some people may prefer a more creamy liner though. But I actually like the formula because it is great for tight lining; there is no smudging and the lasting power is from day to night. I think people with oily eyelids would like this liner too. I thought I would like a creamier liner so I got a Maybelline one but that ended up smudging on me and did not last long. All in all, this would be the eyeliner to trust when all else fails.

on 3/14/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Love these. I have them in Expresso, Charcoal and Teal. I only line my upper lids and they stay put. Only Teal is metallic. The others are matte. And I am not allergic to them! Love that they are waterproof which means they are hard to come off. Sometimes a bit of coconut oil will take it off. I have them for awhile and they have not hardened or broke off inside. To me, much better than Physicians Formula.

This in blackberry. Magic on my green eyes :)

I didn't like this eyeliner. I felt like it smeared easily and ALWAYS got on my lower lashline (which i didn't want). My lids are very oily so maybe that is the problem.

on 3/3/2015 12:44:00 AM

This product transfers down to my bottom lids within about 15 minutes of putting it on; after 2-3 hours I have total panda eyes. It goes on creamy and smooth, but that's the only plus. The product inside breaks easily. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner! One of the best I have tried so far. A really nice, dark, MATTE, rich black shade. No shine or oily glossiness here. In fact, you know when you wear black and it's so black that it looks almost harsh? Well that's how dark this eyeliner is. If subtlety is what you're looking for, don't buy this liner. But I love it! Eyeliner is my most used beauty product so I have pretty high standards when it comes to choosing a good product. Unfortunately most drugstore liners are too easy to smudge, end up coming off after an hour, and look grey. I wear black eyeshadow too so I need something that will really stand out and make my eyeshadow pop without getting lost and looking murky grey and dull. It is super dark and stays put all day. The only downside is that it is pretty pricey especially in the UK, the packaging is very blah and uninspired, and it is quite stiff so it's hard to blend and apply. Also it tends to break and it is IMPOSSIBLE to take off without a good oil based makeup remover. But it's worth it for such a deep color payoff and staying power. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm