Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

on 6/29/2015 8:26:00 AM

Hard and hurt to put on, primer helped but still.

on 6/23/2015 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for a retractable eyeliner that would replace my NYX one because it is always out of stock! I love that this is easily accessible at my local Target, maybe like $5 and is retractable! Also it's pretty creamy and dark black that doesn't smudge! I still feel the NYX one is more creamier and is more intense black.

Thank goodness I don't have to go across town to Ulta now! I think the pictures above are different. The one I have has a smudger at the end for blending and the picture above doesn't.

on 6/1/2015 2:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my lancome eyeliner and decided to try this one. I need eyeliner that stays put all day and doesn't disappear or move. This one did stay in place most of the day but it was very hard to apply. The eyeliner is too hard and I have to really end up pulling a lot on my eyelids to get this to stay. It's not worth the aggravation of trying to apply it. Sometimes it feels as hard as a rock. I think I'll stick to my lancome and sometimes Stila liners for now even though they cost more. They apply much easier, darker, and stay all day.

on 5/9/2015 12:23:00 AM

Have used this pencil eyeliner for quite a few years. Was time to buy again and when I went to purchase I noticed the design of the pencil was different. It was difficult to apply and my eyes kept drying out and itching and it irritated my contacts. I contacted Revlon asking them if they had changed the formula and I got a quick response. Unfortunately, they did change their formula. I absolutely loved this liner in the past. They did offer me a refund which I do appreciate. Now to find a new eyeliner.

on 5/1/2015 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

OH GOD THEY CHANGED THE FORMULA. I bought one 2 months ago and one a couple weeks ago. The one form a couple weeks ago never goes on my waterline more than a light gray. I have to go over and over until my eyes water. First they discontinue the greatest basecoat known to man, now this. Screw it, why not discontinue colorstay foundation? Or colorsilk hair dye? It sells really well, they should probably ruin that. I hate you so much Revlon, good bye.

Average eyeliner. I bought it for my waterline. It didn't have the smoothest application (maybe because of the thicker tip). I had to press a bit harder to get the deep, dark black I love. It smudged on me and last nowhere near the claim. Mileage seems to vary on this, but it wasn't what I was personally looking for.

Perhaps if your eyes aren't as sensitive or you don't need super long lasting makeup this might work. Most eyeliners smudge on me.

on 3/23/2015 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Good dark black colour, long lasting and holds well.
But it is a bit hard to apply, not very creamy. This can be beneficial if you want to have a faint grey-black look for everyday no-make up look, but you will have to press to get a dark black clean line.

I will not repurchase, just because I want to browse and try new products.
Hope this helps. :)

on 3/14/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I keep coming back this eyeliner. I have strayed to gel liner and other pencil liners but I go this liner for convience and lasting power. The black is pretty black; I have no complaints about the color. The formula is a little dry. There is slight tugging on the upper eyelids but I don't find it bad enough to be a con. Some people may prefer a more creamy liner though. But I actually like the formula because it is great for tight lining; there is no smudging and the lasting power is from day to night. I think people with oily eyelids would like this liner too. I thought I would like a creamier liner so I got a Maybelline one but that ended up smudging on me and did not last long. All in all, this would be the eyeliner to trust when all else fails.

on 3/14/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Love these. I have them in Expresso, Charcoal and Teal. I only line my upper lids and they stay put. Only Teal is metallic. The others are matte. And I am not allergic to them! Love that they are waterproof which means they are hard to come off. Sometimes a bit of coconut oil will take it off. I have them for awhile and they have not hardened or broke off inside. To me, much better than Physicians Formula.

This in blackberry. Magic on my green eyes :)