October 23, 2014 | 1859 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Cocoa

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the Lip Shimmers. They're light and impart a nice, natural color. This is a very cool brown shade that has, as another reviewer noted, mauve undertones. It looks lovely against my pale skin and makes my eyes pop. It's a good buy for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by NurseKaren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this color. I love that it has color and is a lip balm. I find that I have drifted away from using lipsticks and prefer the tinted lip balms instead. I've had several compliments when I wear this color, I love the mointy tingle too!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

I bought this because a Burt's Bees display was sitting beside the cash register (I'm being honest). It was very inexpensive and I wasn't expecting much. Much to my surprise I find myself reaching for this over and over and over. It is a pretty mocha coloured lip tint/lip balm with a bit of a mauvey undertone (if that makes sense). It has a subtle shimmer and is definitely on the cool side of shades. For some reason it works on me. It looks fantastic with a slight tan and makes my teeth look whiter. I love that it's a natural product. I have never been dissappointed with any of the Burt's Bees products. I will definitely repurchase. I have a feeling this colour is popular because everytime I check out the display this colour is always sold out!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

The natural ingredients are fantastic. That is why I'm giving this 2 lippies. The color is awful on my fair skin. The glitter is chunky and the brown shade just looks muddy.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by mualibertad

This gloss is little more than fancy Chapstick with a stronger, more pleasant tingly feeling upon application. The tint is very subtle, though one can ramp up the color a bit by layering the product. This is nothing to write home about, just something to throw in your car and use when you need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by JMAKEUPALLEY

Great natural ingredients. Can be drying. Color can darken with layering. Great travel size. Doesn't tend to melt in the hot car. Perfect size for precise, discreet application. Many applications. Good value.
Color is best when blended w/ gloss of a lighter color. Nice peppermint cooling.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2007 12:23:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: down to 3 lippies - the colour just isn't happening for me... makes my skintone look too dull. Other than that, marvellous product. i'd repurchase but a different colour. Here's my previous review:

Me: CCC (cool-based Caramel) an NC43/45 or CoverFX I40/B15. Extremely dry skin.Finally finally Burt's Bees came out with more colours to their Lip Shimmers line. Cocoa is one of thse new colours.Deeper cool-based neutral brown. BB's site says this has red in it.. but doesn't show up like that on me, if anything, it's a mauve-tinge. Has a bit of shimmer to it, but not chalky/icy/overly frosty. Great colour for me. BUT 1 lippy off b/c if i apply just a bit too much - then it makes my lips look dead. Moisturizes extremely well - even in winter conditions. Long-lasting. Tingly. Pepperminty but not overpoweringly so. Very good ingredients: Sunflower oil, castor oil, beeswax, candelilla wax, lanolin, cocoa seed butter, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (Vitamin E), peppermint oil, carnauba wax, rosemary leaf oil. May contain: Iron oxide, mica, carmine, titanium dioxide. i'm very happy with this product and will repurchase. i might try Toffee next continued >>