August 29, 2014 | 1172 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Sun Wear Faces Daily Sunblock Lotion SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 4:18:00 AM More reviews by graceng88

I just purchased this today. I have combination skin and I just tested it on my hand and chin.

When I blended it on my hand it is smooth and leaves a powdery finish and a scent which smells like bananas? Needs some getting used to but I find the scent pleasant but not recommended for people who like unscented products as the scent is really strong.

Smell it before purchasing the product to be sure that you like the scent.

The sunscreen leaves a slight sheen after application. This sheen disappears after layering liquid foundation on top. My make up looks good and I find that this sunscreen makes an excellent make up base as it becomes powdery after application.

However use it sparingly as the texture is really thick, fluid and spreads evenly. One pea size amount is enough to cover part of my hand and my whole chin.

I feel incredibly lucky to purchase this product as I did not check out any reviews but bought it on a whim as my old sunscreen was unavailable in the drugstore. 88 ml for SGD$17.90 it is a good buy considering it is an organic product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by starrystarzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

yes, it feels not oily, but broke me out again. I'm giving up on sunscreen.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2009 9:26:00 AM More reviews by ceres1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This sunblock is a bit oily (though it claimed to be oil-free). I can see my face shining after applying it. Though it turns better after a while but i still can feel slightly oily on my face. Did not cause break out on my face. One bad thing about this sunscreen is the smell is extremely horrible (to me) due to the fragranceless property. This is the reason that drives me away from the sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 6:30:00 AM More reviews by PlayGrndJunkie

I bought this sunblock in the mist form when i was in USA and i love it! It's the first sunblock (and ive tryed and tested many many sunblocks over the years as i burn easily!) ive ever bought that actually worked! Ive even spent NZ$60 on Ella Bache Sports block which was raved about and considered one of the best, heh! I burnt within 10minutes of going out in the sun using that. I have never gotten surnburnt using this Banana Boat Sunblock I LOVE that its not greasy and sticky like other sunblocks ive used, i even use it under makeup, i avoid the eye area as it makes my eyes water if it gets in them. I have searched high and low for this product in NZ and cant find it im resorting to buying it off ebay (hopefully if the seller will ship here!) This definately is my HG sunblock! If products didnt go off i would stock pile the stuff! Oh and it smells fantastic! I have oily skin and am sensitive to a few products, I had no bad reactions or oilyness with this product.

Please note: I used the SPF50 version not the SPF30.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this, but it stung my skin and gave me a skin rash. It also clogged some of the pores on my cheeks. Not good. I do like that this has a higher SPF than my beloved Olay, but I think I will stick to my current Olay complete.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Vanessa_poc

The oily feel does not linger after applying makeup over this. The scent didn't bother me either. But the slight stinging sensation sure did. I'm not sure why, but my entire face stings after using this. Not badly, but still. It lasts for a few minutes and then subsides, but that worries me. So I'm using the rest on my body and I won't buy this again. My face is not sensitive so I was kind of taken aback when I got that effect from this. I notice the same stinging feeling with my Jergens natural glow face now that they've added sunscreen to it. So clearly it's a sunscreen thing. Interesting...I'll have to look more into this. I would recommend this if you don't like the oily feeling of normal sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this sunscreen to use as a daily facial sunscreen based on the reviews here and though I am not absolutely floored, I am quite satisfied with its performance. This is a light, oil-free SPF30 sunscreen that has a pleasant scent and does not leave me feeling overly greasy. It does have a bit of that characteristic oily feel immediately after application but I have come to expect this from sunscreens (even those that claim to be oil free), and this is nothing a quick blot with some tissues can't fix. After I blot my powder goes on just as smoothly as it does over my regular moisturizer.

The lotion itself is just thin enough to spread evenly without being too runny and doesn't leave an ashy white cast on my skin. I have been using this pretty consistently and have not experienced any breakouts, stinging, or other adverse effects. It's nothing fancy but this is definitely one of the best sunscreens I have tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Vlook

Has a distinct fragrance that my not be well received by those who prefer fragrance free products. Stopped using this sunscreen as it caused dermatitis. Check the list of ingredients against the EWG database and you will find some questionable ingredients. Will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2009 4:24:00 AM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For a drugstore, waterproof sunscreen it's not bad. I live in an area that is a little far from a mall and I'm thrifty, I don't always want to pay for shipping. I tried this last summer for sunning and swimming & was pleased with the protection but I agree with other reviewers - total oil slick after a while. And I get sweaty in it which makes me feel like it's just dripping off. I like the Alba Green Tea sunscreen but, alas, it is only water resistant - not quite enough for beachy summer days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by HanLuna

I got this sunscreen few days ago.Previously,i was using Faces SPF 23 and it was good.But i saw this and i decided to try it out since my Faces SPF 23 is finished.

What i really love about this is the coconut scent.The lotion is great although i felt a slight warm sensation when i applied this on.