Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer Untinted SPF 45

3.7

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Avobenzone (Butylmethoxydibenzoylmethan) 3%, Homosalate (12%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (2.35%), Oxybenzone (6%). INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Behenyl Alcohol, Styrene Acrylate Copolymer, Caprylyl Methicone, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Tocopherol, Allantoin, BHT, 1,2 Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pantothenic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylisothiazolinone

on 2/6/2015 10:07:00 AM

My go to face sunscreen. I keep a bottle in the car it's a great day moisturizer. I even put in on top of other day moisturizers. It's light fresh and makes my skin soft non greasy feel

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Tried this on my neck for 3 or 4 days as I already have my face sorted and needed a sunblock for my neck. I have oily skin and it seemed creamy first applied but after it dried I noticed it felt uncomfortable and dry, and itchy also. After 3 or 4 days I developed many sore pimples on my neck - not my face or anywhere else. I know this is the culprit - highly comedogenic - not good for sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have oily skin and I don't like most of the sunscreens. I bought ptr piwder subscreen which I love, but sometimes I am not sure if I am protected. so I bought this Neusogena that feels great and dry to use in the mornings before makeup then I I use my ptr powder sunscreen to reaply.
I like it so far, it does a goid job.

on 7/25/2013 1:02:00 AM

I got this moisturizer as a free trial and I must say that I'm hooked! It moisturizes really well and offers an amazing SPF (45). A little goes a really long way. Best part of all? It doesn't leave my skin oily! And it's the middle of the summer. Definitely recommended! Will undoubtedly buy the product once I run out of my sample :)

This is my go-to daily sunscreen because it goes on nicely without leaving shine or a chalky colour on my face. I have combination skin, however, and unfortunately the hydration doesn't last all day. That being said, you should re-apply sunscreen every two hours, so if I use this again in the afternoon (or before lunch break if I'm heading outdoors) it does the trick.

on 10/26/2012 8:18:00 AM

Never in my life have I been fussed on any particular mosturiser, but then I tried this. I saw it at my local Priceline and decided to check out some reviews to see if it really was as great as it sounded. The reviews were pretty appealing, so I gave it a go. So glad I did! I got it in SPF30, as the SPF45 version isn't sold in Australia. Lots of people have said that the sunscreen smell is overwhelming, but I barely notice it. I personally think it smells like frangipanis. I LOVE frangipanis! The product at hand is very mosturising, a little bit goes a long way. It doesn't leave you looking shiny, and it doesn't make your skin looks greasy. After using, my skin has a slight glow, and looks really soft. On skin, it feels really lovely and unbelievably smooth. This is an amazing product, and I will continue to use it.

on 1/25/2012 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It works well as a sunscreen and I have been using it for 2 months already. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't moisturize that much, coz' I have combination skin.

on 7/19/2011 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I wouldn't recommend this product for those who have dry or extremely dry skin, unless you use a serum or an additional moisturizer underneath. I was fooled into believing that this was a great moisturizer since it was so greasy. It did not leave a white/gray cast on my aa (nc45) skintone, which is a huge plus. I did not experience any breakouts or skin issues, quite the opposite; my skin drank this up in the winter and spring months. But I begin to notice my dry skin becoming drier and "life-less" and I realized that I was not getting enough moisture for this product. So the greasiness fooled me into believing that I was getting the moisture I needed, but I definitely was not. Normal and oily skin types should love this daily moisturizer, but my hunt continues for a dry-skin friendly spf daily moisturizer.

on 7/3/2011 2:00:00 AM

I wanted to like this product, I really did. With my extremely fair, acne-prone, combination skin, I desperately need a solid sunscreen. Unfortunately, within the first day, my face was clogged and breaking out. My search continues.

Now to business. I've noticed multiple people commenting on the high SPF and felt it my duty as a fish-belly-white complected person to alert the masses, so here is my beauty education aside (feel free to skip): the SPF only measures UVB and actually matters little in the grand scheme of things. SPF 45 only blocks about 1-2% more UVB rays than 30. The most important step by far is repeated and thorough application. For real protection, you should reapply at least a couple times a day, using 1/2 to 1 teaspoon for face, ears, neck, and upper chest - this, of course, varies on how much you sweat, how much sun you're getting, and how big your face is, but still. If you apply frugally, the effect you get isn't half the SPF, it's the square root. If you apply a SPF 45 lotion sparingly, you have the protection of a SPF 6.7 lotion, not a 22.5.

Anyway, education aside aside, it went on matte and remained so throughout the day, was invisible under makeup, and weightless once applied. This is probably a good option for someone with few skin complaints.

on 3/24/2011 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Very sheer tint, I think it would match all skin tones.

I've had this moisturizer for over a year now, I only use it when it is really sunny outside. I must say, however, that it is AMAZING. My face doesn't feel greasy, provides a natural sheer coverage, and just feels great on my skin. I would definitely repurchase and recommend.