December 21, 2014 | 900 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Douce 20 Peche Tendre

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is expensive, but it wakes my face up SO much. (NC40 for reference)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is a great translucent powder that gives the soft veil look. It also brightens my complextion. I can wear it even alone on those good skin days, creates a very sophisticated and naturally glowing look. On foundation it softens the made up look. Too bad I ran out of it, and it is never on sale on StrawberryNet :( I guess I will have to buy it at retail price from the local store. I also have the eye for the other shades in the line.

EDIT**
This seems to be discontinued and to date I could not find a replacement

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this. I use it as a blush as it is too dark in the winter for overall colour. I use Fandago to sculpt my cheeks a bit then this as the blush and it makes me glow subtly. My super-critical youngest even likes it (I call him my stylist - he can pick a red lipstick like no other). This will last forever, no scent, my gosh, why have I not invested in this earlier! Will probably by a second one as it is being discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by elle82004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutly am in LOVE with this product, I am fairly tanned at the moment and this does not lighten my face any, it gives my skin a gorgeous healthy glow, which I find strange for a powder( i HATE matte skin with a passion!) and it keeps the oil (which has come out to play this winter for reasons unknown :( ) at bay for the entire day! It's now a must for me!!! Would definately buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gives a very healthy, peachy and dewy glow on the face, can be used to replace loose powder... It covers up imperfections and one compact lasts for a long time... all good things about this product have been said by most reviewer here, I'm just here to show my support. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by etmg

Wow, I love this powder. I was looking for a similar colour to my Chanel Coromandel powder which was running low but they no longer had any in stock and the SA recommended this which is the permanent line of pressed powders, each designed to correct the skin tone. It reallly brightens up the skin and is fine enough to use under my eyes where it really makes a difference to the dark shadows. In fact, I have used this instead of foundation just over moisturiser and it gives a really bright, healthy finish whilst not looking like a bronzer - it is almost like a winter bronzer really as its very subtle.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by pslovetoshop

This is absolutely wonderful. I use this over my tinted moisturizer and it really freshens and brightens up my complexion. I highly recommend this product. The Poudre Douce comes in 6 different shades - depending on what your desired look is. The MUA suggested this as an everyday powder for me and I am soooo happy with the results. This is going to be part of my permanent collection!! Only negative is the price! Please check this out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by irimoto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent powder. I am not a big powder user, I like my MU to look dewy and never over done.
I dust this over my Kiehls tinted moisturizer and my skin look luminous and even, but never shimmery.
The powder is very finely milled so it goes on very sheer. I never thought that a pressed powder would ever be a must for me, but I find this product outstanding.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Tracy7366

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm also on the 'rave' bandwagon for this. I got it in the post this morning having bought it blind after the rave reviews on here. I was worried that this may be a bit too dark but thankfully this is the perfect shade for me. I love that it is so light that it makes your complexion glow but without that cakey or chalky look and it doesn't accentuate any fine lines or flaws either - asbolute perfection.
(GA FF #3, Chantecaille Just Skin Glow)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

I think this powder is Chanel's version of Mac's mineralized skin finish natural powders,on my skin at least looks almost the same.This isn't a mineral powder but gives almost the same effect on the skin.The packaging is the classic Chanel package a black,square,glossy box with the Chanel logo on and also comes with a mirror.The color selection is what makes this product so unique.This comes in 6 GEORGEOUS shades.A peach one,a pink based,a lilac,an almond shade,an azalea and a more intense peach.I own 4 of these the 2 peaches,the lilac and the pink one.It doesn't matter how light or how dark your skin is because this doesn't add any coverage but corrects pigmentation in areas you want.If that helps you this product is corrector but in powder form.At first I though well this is not a must have but how wrong was I.The two peach based shades can be used under the eye area to set the concealer and also to neutralize dark,blue circles.The lilac now can be used over a too yellow foundation and that way you set your foundation and the same time you neutralize the too yellow shade(if of course the too yellow shade it's not right for you).The pink one can be used as an all over powder,if your skin has pink undertones,or also can be used as a highlighter or to neutralize hyperpigmentation on the skin.Especially this pink one I think it's lightest colour I ve ever seen it's almost paper white with pink under tones that's why is so good as a highlighter.The formula of the powder is very high quality,the texture is a dream this one goes faith er light you can even feel or tell that you wear a powder.Gives a matte finish but at Chanel somehow they manage to make a product that gives matte finish but still gives dimension and life to the skin and this is so hard to find.Other powders give that matte flat finish but this one doesn't and that's the main reason I love this product.Doesn't have major oil absorbing power but works good on oily skins too.I ll say again that this product DOESN'T OFFER ANY KIND OF COVERAGE so don't expect that,this is a final touch step to perfect your look and works amazing honestly.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No