October 2, 2014 | 968 users online

Treatments (Face) - Prosacea

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by decophile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Nothing I've found so far is a miracle cure for rosacea. However, this product is the best topical I've tried so far. I think it slighly reduces redness when used daily. And at this point, "slightly" is better than nothing. I use it at night, as I'm doubtful its gel consistency would wear well under makeup. The product on its own is not moisturizing and in fact is a bit drying, so on top of it, I slather a moisturizer. I also apply it first thing in the morning, in the 2 hours or so before shower and makeup, as I've found it has some marginal benefit at that time, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this. I wanted an alternative to my Finacea rx, mild rosacea and mild acne. After a week, I had to turn back to Finacea. This made me very red and broke me out. At least there was no irritation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have moderate rosacea with papules and I think this was too drying on my skin. It drastically reduced redness but did nothing for the papules. My oily skin turned into a peely mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by mnbengtson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've always had a freckly, kind of ruddy skin tone, but fair. as I got older, I started being prone to redness on my chest and neck. Just within the last six months it's turned into full on rosacea complete with patches of those red, itchy bumps. I did get a prescription cream from my dermatologist, but after a week there was little change, and it was a little oily... I was afraid it would damage my clothes. I tried prosacea and after two days I'm almost completely clear...it's a significant change. No oily finish, either. I do notice a slight sulfer smell when I'm active and start sweating... I can live with that. Was surprised at how small the tube was. I'm using it twice a day, so it probably won't last long.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by lanihime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have been using Prosacea on and off for about 3 years after buying it on a whim. I am currently back on.

Background: I have a patch of what was diagnosed to be mild rosacea on my right cheek only. The dermo had me on minocycline for a year when I was younger to reduce the inflammation/redness and after the year I still have slight bumps attributed to scarring from having rosacea that long. I was given a prescription topical cream but it dried my skin out so I stopped using it. I tend to have flare ups in extreme heat and after a night out.

It has proved to be a very good controller of my rosacea. With regular use at night, I find that it will be very rare to ever get a flare up. It has kept the redness at bay on my cheek. I thought my moving to a drier, colder climate had been the real cause of change, but I stopped using it for one summer, and noticed I had frequent flare ups before just starting to use it again.

I have not noticed that there has been any reduction in the bumps, just redness.

Final verdict: For the price, you should buy and try.

For $14CAD it will last me almost 5 months with a small dab being used every night.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by knittingfoole

I suppose for such a small tube, this is somewhat pricey, but I guess it's better than Rx prices. I don't know if I have Rosacea or not, I went to my GP about it, and he said basically to suck it up, stop complaining, I just have sensitive skin and to ignore it. So I did. And things got so much worse, nothing helps, nothing covers up the red spots and eruptions. I tried this product last night and it seems to be helping already. As for the smell, maybe my nose is completely not working because I don't think it's "nauseating," maybe a bit strong, but not too bad. Plus, don't use a "pea-sized" amount. Just a tiny bit! Already seeing improvement. Not going back to that jerk of a GP anymore! I think this is Rosacea. Will get second opinion but in meantime, this stuff seems to be helping.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So one day I was at the drugstore buying band-aids and I saw this stuff. Why do they stock it next to bandaids instead of with the skincare? I have no idea. But it was relatively cheap and I had never tried it, so I grabbed a package. I've been using it for a few weeks now once a day before bed, and it has some good and some bad.

First - the good. This has completely healed all my skin eruptions. I have mild rosacea, with persistent redness and fairly recently started to develop some papules and pustules, yuk. This product healed every one, and no new ones have formed, even during my period when I usually get a little hormonal acne. I am continuing to apply it to the effected areas and the marks are fading much faster than if I did nothing. It is a clear gel in a squeeze tube. I'd prefer a pump, but a squeeze tube is ok.

Now, the bad. This is very drying and irritating. I have to use a creme type moisturizer on top, and I am using my Guerlain SOS Serum underneath. That allows me to use this product and get very good results, but the product should be formulated so that is not required. It has a faint sulphur scent, but it's no where near as bad as various prescription sulphur products that I have used. It did not seem to help patches of persistent redness so I use it only on the areas where I get breakouts. This should also work as an acne spot treatment - but again make sure you use a moisturizer on top as soon as the gel dries.

Bottom line - not a perfect product, but nevertheless an effective one for treating rosacea breakouts. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by heyitstran

I developed red itchy patches of dry skin on my cheeks and it became so irritating that I was ashamed to go in public and show my face to even my mom. I didn't know about prosacea until I went to the supermarket originally looking to purchase Cortizone cooling relief. It was then when I came across prosacea because the packaging really caught my attention! The lady on the packaging had the red patches on her cheeks like me! I had to try prosacea because it looked like I had the same thing that was seen on the package. Prosacea came in a small tube and it costs $12 which I thought was pricey for so little product. I knew I had nothing to lose because I wanted to at least reduce and relieve the red blotchy skin and stop the itchiness.

When I got back, I immediately applied the prosacea on the affected areas of my face (cheeks). (FYI: It's more effective for me when I cleanse my face before prosacea application). After the application, my cheeks felt cool (I think it's because of the aloe. It's one of the ingredients in prosacea). Also, my cheeks felt smooth. However, after a while my cheeks started to get dry and flaky from the prosacea. The good thing however is whenever I applied it, the redness and itching reduced to a small extent. I applied it again at night and by the next morning, my cheeks got much better. There was still a bit of redness and flaky skin but it was a big improvement from before using prosacea. I continued using it for a week and I'm so glad that my cheeks are no longer red, blotchy and my skin isn't as flaky as of right now.

I will continue to use prosacea when I run out! I want to effectively get rid of the gross looking rosacea from it's roots. I'm not going to stop applying prosacea now that my skin is crystal clear. I can't believe that my skin is clear from the redness and it's still a big surprise to me as I'm typing this review. $12 may seem expensive for a small tube of prosacea but as long as it reduces the redness and itchiness, it's so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by GloriaRoberts

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not have rosacea. I developed an allergy to vinegar and broke out into an itchy rash on my back. Prosacea is the only thing that worked. It was driving me crazy. I was allergic for a long time but never realized what it was till I went on an organic vinegar regimen for regulating blood sugar. This has been a nightmare. It takes forever to clear up. It is greatly improved after nearly 1 bottle gone. It's the sulphur that works.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Convex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I found out I had mild to moderate rosacea last year after a few years of suspicion, but I'm uninterested in any of the Rx they offer, as its not that much of an impediment in my day to day life (provided I keep up with my daily care routine). I occasionally get unrelated hormonal bumps around specific times in my cycle, and I had read reviews on this being a decent spot treatment. While it doesn't make my blemishes disappear overnight, I find that any deeper ones come to a head much quicker, and the superficial ones lose the shiny redness almost immediately. Really the only problem I have with it is the smell. The active ingredient is sulfur, which as most of you know, quite literally smells like gas. Its unpleasant, but goes away.

I've used it for a couple years, but I'm just now writing this review because of how it swooped in and saved the day yesterday.

My rosacea is only really evident in that I go an irritating shade of pink at the drop of a dime. But occasionally, my sensitive skin will just FREAK out. It reacts terribly to different chemicals in makeup, so I'm usually pretty careful about what I put on my face. Unfortunately, yesterday I threw caution to the wind and tried a new BB cream of the same brand my foundation is made in.

Oh. Dear. God.

My face was a nightmare. I was bright red from hairline to jawline, and I was blistering up like I had been at the beach all day. My face was puffy/hot and the stinging was unbearable. I almost started crying when I grazed it against my pillow cover, it was so sensitive. I had popped an antihistamine, but it wasnt really helping. Then I remembered the little bottle of gold, and hoped that it actually worked as advertised.

And it did. It took about 20 minutes, but slowly, my face started going back to normal. I put it on at midnight, and was able to fall asleep and hour later (the pain had kept me up). I woke up this morning to a dramatically improved face. The redness around my mouth is gone, as is the swelling in my cheeks. The blisters that were forming on my face receded, and didnt even leave spots behind. I'm the tiniest but pink, but nothing my light coverage foundation couldnt cover. I'm absolutely amazed.

I definitely recommend keeping this badboy tucked away in case of emergencies. Im buying a couple extra tubes for my car and purse today. Worth every penny.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No