Desert Essence Cleansing Bar Tea Tree Therapy

Not tested on animals

Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil*, vegetable soap *Eco-Harvest

on 7/1/2014 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This has got to be one my favorite cleansers for sensitive skin unless you're allergic to some of the ingredients. I find this better than other gentle cleansers because I it has a natural foam. The cleansing bar is 100% organic. It won't sting your eyes or open scars from acne.

I bought this soap because I have what I call "seasonal excema". I get rough, itchy patches of skin in the winter that I scratch and they bleed! I've heard tea tree is good for excema, so I picked this up at my local whole foods store. I was looking for Dr. Bronner's as it's my go-to, but they didn't have it so I got this instead.

This bar lathers up wonderfully, leaves my skin clean, and has greatly alleviated my itchy skin. The bar is about the same size as when I got it and that was a month ago. I also find when scrubbing using an exfoliating sponge or loofah, this helped eliminate the ingrown hairs on my legs from waxing. Those things had been killing me, and using this soap coupled with some lavender EO saved my life.

This made me break out like I was in high school! It left bumps on my face and hasn't done much to clear up my skin. It must be all the oils the soap has. Its a shame because their other tea tree cleanser worked so well but this one does not do justice.

on 11/23/2008 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't use this on my face, but it sure has greatly improved my back acne in combination with two other products. I use it with a Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Wash Cloth, followed by Nature's Cure Body Acne Treatment Spray. After a month of these products, the acne on my back is drastically reduced. The bar lasts forever, hasn't melted in our shower and is fresh!

on 7/17/2008 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I believe for some people coconut oil is very drying. That is the case for me, so as a result over time, this soap did the same thing straight coconut oil did, it ends up drying me out and then clogging my pores and causing bumps on my face. I've stopped using it. I may be able to use it up by using it once in a while, but I can't use it twice or even once a day for that matter or it does the same thing every time. It does leave your face feeling squeaky clean, but it ruins my skin in the long run.

on 1/29/2008 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone skin which has lately been much worse due to getting off of medication recently. I decided to go with a gentler skincare routine, and picked this up as my cleanser. Since using this, along with the Desert Essense Jojoba Oil as a moisturizer, my skin has gone from having 4 or 5 pimples on my face daily, to a couple a week. It's gentle, not drying, and has definitely started to help clear up my skin.

One minor complaint is that as a bar, it's not my ideal way to cleanse my face. But it works, and I'm happy about that.

on 1/10/2008 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very nice bar of soap i use it as a body soap and it does not dry out my skin, regular soap leaves my skin itchy but this doesn't i don't even have to wear lotion if i don't feel like applying it that day, this soap is better than kiss my face bar soap and dr. bronner's bar soap

on 9/14/2007 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I had a very bad experience with this soap. As with the other reviewer, it left my skin very flakey. It also gave me red bumps on my body in places like my middle, where I never have any trouble. My skin is very picky, and it's hard to find a good bar soap I like, but this is actually one of the worst I've tried. It's too bad because I like other Desert Essence products.

on 8/16/2007 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this on sale at Whole Foods because I like the smell of tea tree oil. It is an opaque white bar and smells like tea tree but is not heavy. Has a very creamy, soft lather. Don't know about using it on the face; I use it in the shower and on my hands. A good buy if you like tea tree products and mild soaps.

Dried out my skin and left it very flaky. I used it on my body to finish it up, but since the smell isn't that great, I didn't enjoy the whole experience. Will not repurchase.

Popular Face Skincare Products