October 24, 2014 | 1781 users online

Liquid - By Terry - Light Expert

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

amazing foundation!! it gives a very natural finish to my skin, and feels like it's barely there. It's comparable to Sisley Skinleya in terms of preformance and price. both come with a brush, and both are antiaging and moisturising. both have a light coverage, both have a very natural flawless finish. both are long wearing, and feels like you don't have anything on your skin. I can honestly say, i don't know which i like better, nor can i tell the difference when i put either on.

Like Skinleya, you have to wait till this foundation sets. when you first apply it, you can really see the brush marks all over your face - you must wait a few minutes for the foundation to settle into your skin to get that flawless finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by mayberry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this makeup. It's hard to categorize it as a foundation, highlighter or tinted moisturizer. It really performs the functions of all three products. It has a wonderful light rose water scent and blends seamlessly into the skin. I apply it with the attached foundation brush and then blend with my Beauty Blender sponge. I have hypopigmentation issues with my skin and this works beautifully to even out my skin tone, yet not feel heavy. This product is very moisturizing, which is great for my dry skin. I would not recommend this product for those with oily skin or those who want to conceal blemishes/dark circles. This product works best to even and brighten skin tone. It also makes my nose pores disappear. The price is too much, but it's a lot better deal than touché éclat for the amount you get. I do like the packaging with the attached brush. I feel like it prevents me from using too much product by dispensing a small amount of product and then requiring my to work that small amount across my face with the brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2014 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Sorry to say this was too dewy for my liking. Considering I primed and set with powder I didn't expect to have to keep powdering throughout the day (it wasn't a hot day either). This doesn't compare in any way to my favourites Gueralin Lingerie de Peau or Sisley Photo Teint so I won't be changing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by JKWL4984

Gorgeous packaging - weightless formula - my new favorite product - absolutely worth every penny.

I have extremely sensitive, combination skin with mild rosacea/ allergies. It's tough for me to find something that doesn't irritate my skin with daily use - and this is my new Holy Grail product!!

Sheer finish with illuminating/ brightening that doesn't leave your face greasy or with too much glow for a day time. Definitely ask for help when getting matched - the colors can be deceptive and this product is more "corrective" so you're not looking for an exact match the way you would regular foundation. This product is paraben free - and having the brush - which I find quite soothing - makes my life so much easier.

I use this all over my face - then dust my T-Zone with La Mer "The Powder" (translucent) - and it wears perfectly over the course of a 12-hour work day. Phenomenal product - do yourself a favor and try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Migs007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried nearly every foundation on the market for the luxury types of foundations that are second skin like, including tinted moisturizers, etc. I have truly combination skin- sensitive (eczema, prone to break out if I use the wrong products, but perfect skin otherwise). I have dry skin in the winter, oily in the summer, but overall it is actually pretty balanced. If I use the wrong products with lots of silicone my face gets totally shiny. Here are the items I've tried... I have tried Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (due to LIsa Eldridge's recommendations)- it's way too siliconey and makes my face shiny, Chantecaiile- feels like plastic on my face and broke me out, but amazing effect of 2nd skin/invisible & actually somehow camouflages, Giorgio Aramani Maestro (broke out)- but totally awesome if you are less sensitive, Giorgio Armani Face Fabric (love this when I need a more polished look, but feels too heavy on the silicone and a little too perfect- I like a more natural look), LM tinted moisturizer (blah/poor colors), Shisheido's new UV/environmental shield tinted moisturizer with high SPF, even Estee Lauder's Invisible fluid (I never consider that brand, but this sucked me in)- too silicone/shiny & emphasized dry patches I never knew I had), By Terry Hyaluronic face glow (better for neutral tones vs my yellow undertone). My two favorites are Jane Iredale's Pure Pressed Base and this! Finally to my review of By Terry Light Expert...

Texture- awesome! Super sheer, light, blends seamlessly

Finish- satin, neither mattte (hate matte), nor overly dewy. On my skin, this just looks perfectly balanced and radiant!

Packaging- I like the brush, but I usually use my fingers to apply foundation (except with JA's Pure Pressed Base- I use a stippling brush). I will just use a usual brush cleaner to clean.

Application- Terry suggests you swipe the foundation into the hollows of your face- under the eyes, wings of the nose, hollow of the chin and hollow of the cheeks, as well as the top of your cheek bones, then blend. I think I use only a couple of pumps...I think blend out with the brush. Check out her website for the complete tips. This is working just fine for me! Some people have said they blend using their fingers. I could see that working too.

Wear- excellent wear. I am only on day two, but I had an insane day yesterday that never seemed to end and i was up until midnight and it lasted the whole time, with barely a need to blot at all.

Colors- Definitely get matched. I hate orangey colors and I would have thought the vanilla light would be too orangey on my, but it totally does blend in perfectly and ends up looking more yellow toned. I have no idea why... I would rank this a 4 because I wish she had better colors, but I think she tends to emphasize brightening, etc instead of matching. In general, I disagree with that whole model. I like my skin color. I don't believe in color correcting models, but I love this stuff, so I left it at a 5.

Ingredients- Instead of a ton of silicones (although it does contain silicones, just not in the same abundance or types as most products), this contains hyaluronic acide (sodium hyaluronate), which rocks! Especially if you are prone to break out, this is a super light weight moisturizer that binds moisture to the skin in a very light, breathable way. I use skinceuticals hyaluronic acid as an extra boost of moisture in the winter. By Terry's Light Expert is supposed to have one ingedient (ethyhexyl palmitate) that would break out acne prone people, but I have had no trouble with this ingredient and has worked just fine for me in her other product- hyaluronic face glow (unlike all Algae/Marine extracts which are *highly* comedogenic and why Just Skin doesn't work for me).

I will update after wearing for a few more weeks...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by cairn_chick

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know that no one product can be perfect for everyone, but this one is a big disappointment. It is very orange on my fair olive skin and does not really cover my redness, even with multiple layers. For me, the brush is a waste, as it is stiff and leaves streaks. I got a much smoother application with my fingers and beauty blender sponge. But the color is wrong. Perhaps the worst of it is the strong, awful smell. My sensitive skin began to react immediately, so off it came. Hours later, my skin is still feeling irritated. I have normal, but sensitive skin with redness on the cheeks and eyebrows. This product really did not tone down much of the redness. Needless to say, it's going back tomorrow. If you have sensitive skin (and nose) I'd say, skip this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by golightly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This isn't a foundation, really -- it's a giant touche eclat that uses reflective particles to subtly perfect the skin. There's basically no coverage at all (for buildable coverage I like Koh Gen Do). Without the expectation that this will act like a true foundation, this product is amazing at basically photoshopping skin (such as freckles, sun damage, and unevenness) while leaving skin looking real and unmasky, just realistically even, well moisturized, and satiny. I'm an olive-pink NW 20/25 and use #2, apricot. An added benefit is that it is slightly moisturizing and creates a nice smooth canvas for other makeup. Wear time isn't the greatest, probably about 5-6 hours. Others have mentioned how annoying the brush is, but at least it's better than the delay on the Ellis Faas brushes; I need two pumps for the whole face and apply with my fingers. The fragrance is mildly offensive, but it fades.

A woman on the subway was doing her makeup and she had a brilliant routine: she squeezed some MAC face and body onto the brush head of this, which she had primed, and applied it with the brush, which probably naturally mixed upon application.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by MariLaPaisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is absolutely amazing and exactly what I was looking for! A lightweight foundation that imparts a healthy glow as this line of foundations are pink/peach based. Every time I use it I cannot tell you how many people compliment my skin and tell me that my skin looks flawless. I got this in no.2 light apricot. It doesn't appear to cater to all skin colors as say for example MAC which is unfortunate but nevertheless By Terry is an incredibly high quality and beautiful line. Love love love.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by lauracrua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all this foundation is mega expensive in Ireland (45 for 17 ml). This is a lovely light tinted moisturiser type foundation. It is very moisturising but also very sheer. It is very flattering on the skin and gives a nice glowy but not oily finish. This makes my skin feel comfortable when it is very dry and seems to fill in the small lines on my forehead.

This is the most perfumed foundation I have ever come across! I can still smell it for 30-45mins after applying! Luckily it doesn't seem to irritate my skin (only my nose!). As others have said, the packaging is really awful. I still use a regular seperate foundation brush to apply so I would much rather a pump style bottle.

I have this in 1 rosy light which is the pinkest thing I have ever seen but it is sheer so I don't think that's going to be a big issue for anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by stara69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This a luxurious poduct that is softly scented with rose essence. It's texture is smooth and leaves skin feeling soft. Coverage is light to medium and feels like you are wearing nothing at all. It gives a radiant finish as mentioned; not matte and not shiny, but glowing and perfected. The packaging, while hygienic, is not my favourite as the brush can streak a little.
I was lucky enough to find this product at Winners (Canada's T.J. Maxx) for only $15CDN, and I would only repurchase it if I found it at a similar price again.