Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain

2.8

Water, Ascorbyl Glucoside, VP/Methacrylamide/Vinyl Imidazole Copolymer, Alcohol Denatured, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, 1,2 Hexanediol/Caprylyl Glycol, Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 5 (CI 11680), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Synthetic Beeswax, Mica, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Benzoic Acid

on 6/20/2015 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

What I really like about this product is that it looks natural and gives your lips some color.

It doesn't really come on evenly however. I always have to smack and lick my lips so it doesn't dry too pigmented in certain spots. Then, I put some chapstick on to make the color look more even. It's like a marker so it's hard to make it spread out & look like you didn't just use an actual marker on your lips. I do have to reapply this every 2-3 hours but it's easy to do so, I don't mind.

I do use this often but I don't know if I'd buy it again..I'm sure there's something better out there.

on 11/10/2014 11:32:00 AM

This product is awful! I have this in the shade Dawn. When I apply it, it looks so patchy! No matter what technique I use its patchy and gross. It feels like I am drawing on my lips with a marker! The only decent thing on this product is the moisture stick on the end of it, aside from that it's absolute crap. Do not purchase this.

on 9/3/2014 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I bought two of these, one in Gothique and one in Passion. Lovely colour -- for about the first three uses, then the tube dries up and it's impossible to get a decent, even application. The tip of the marker physically rubs off on your lips and looks generally gross when you're applying (then applying and re-applying again and again to get some colour out of it), and the stain doesn't generally last even an hour, which really does defeat the entire point of a lip stain. Skip this one.

on 5/28/2014 7:35:00 PM

Loved the color but has NO STAYING POWER. Disappears within 15 minutes.

on 3/11/2014 3:17:00 AM

I don't like this at all. First, for a stain, the staying power is not any good. I have to run the marker around to get any color, which is annoying, and feels awkward. So it's hard to get on smoothly. It also left a weird tingle-burn, and was very drying. The packaging for the balm is also not great. Because there's so much of the balm out, it's gooey and gets inside everywhere on the cap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I really like these lip stains. They're long lasting (~7 hours) and they STAY ON WHILE EATING. I can not stress how amazing this is to me; I've never applied a lipstick that can come close to that kind of staying power. Also, they last freaking for. ever. The stain I own is still going as strong as it was when I bought it over a year and a half ago.

However there are definitely a few caveats:
-The balm will eventually break off... everyone I know who owns this is missing the balm end (hence the 1 star for packaging)
-It does not have a buttery/smooth application. It actually feels similar to a marker because of the firm tip and the consistency, so I always apply a balm before this. "Stain" is an apt description.
-I can't vouch for the actual colors offered, I only own one and it is not the most flattering color on me. So I will be curious to try a different one.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'll keep this simple. I really love the stains, but they need to come with more balm. Without more balm it's kind of a waste.

on 1/16/2014 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm really happy with this stain and the balm. It made my lips look better. Not like lipstick where its cakey and high maintenance but like youve just had a red icy pole and are ready for a kiss. Its long lasting and comes with a balm so doesnt dry out your lips

I can't recommend this but only if you like running a magic marker across your lips.
You have to apply this product as if you were coloring a picture. It has a tendency to go on unevenly so not exactly goof-proof. Dried out my lips and kind of left a burning sensation. Um yeah. Not repurchasing.

on 12/21/2013 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I freaking love this stuff and am worried about the bad reviews :-/. I am one of those people who have very pale, un-pigmented lips naturally. I'm always envious of people with naturally pigmented lips because everything looks better over top, especially nude or light pink shades. Even people that have to mute out their natural lip olor before wearing nude lipstick, because at least when it fades throughout the day, they still have a rosy color left. I could never wear those colors because when they faded, I looked dead again. I LOOOOOVE this stuff on its own and especially under lighter lipsticks or glosses. Some of the bad reviews complain of it being drying. It is by no means meant to hydrate your lips which is why it comes with a balm, which I find to be quite hydrating. It is also not great if your lips are chapped or very dry and can come off un-even, but if your lips are exfoliated and fairly smooth it is wonderful. This has become one of those products that I cannot live without and would be devastated if discontinued. I also find them to last a long time without drying out. I've read others complain that they didn't get many uses before it dried out, but I haven't had this problem and I have many many shades. I DID however have that problem with the Cover Girl stains. The ones I'm currently using have been in use for 5 or 6 months now and are just now starting to fade and that's with rotating between 2 or 3 shades EVERY day. My favorite shades are victorian, frenzy, crave, and passionate. I've also read complaints that it does not have a long wear time, and I also haven't had this problem. I feel like my lips still have color at the end of an 8 hour day. The lighter shades don't last as long maybe, but the shades I wear last me all day. I don't know. Maybe I have weird lips that work perfectly with these or something because I LOOOOOOVE these stains, and I have a HUGE makeup collection and have tried many products. If you've never been able to pull off nude lipstick, or want a very natural wash of color, try these. I hope they don't discontinue ever :-/