November 28, 2014 | 1486 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Essential Eye Widener

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This left white clumps on my waterline - Not attractive. Not much else to say as this pencil is close to useless. No colour payoff, at least not on waterline.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Abraxia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying I'm not difficult to please in terms of eyeliner. If it shows up that's awesome, doesn't smudge when I don't set it with shadow? Even better. Keeping this in mind I have to say this is the worst product I have ever used.

Sure I'm a high end girl (evident by my reviews) but I have a massive weakness for NYX, maybelline, e.l.f and wet n wild so don't think I'm just being biased.

I bought this on an order I had placed online from e.l.f being a few dollars short of free shipping and being in need of a inner eye highlighter after using up my NYX milk. When my package came I was incredibly excited to use this first. I opened it to find the cap broken, that's alright I thought if it works well I'll just melt it into a container. I applied it to my inner corners and it didn't show up, at all. I decided to then use it as a primer being out of my NYX milk. By the 2nd hour my eye shadow was everywhere.

I honestly feel like this crap is pure grease that just goes everywhere within an hour or so of being applied. I don't have oily skin or lids so I don't know why it happened.

I will neber buy this again, shame too because the other e.l.f pencil eyeliners are beautiful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really poor quality and barely shows up on my skin. The pencil tends to break easily too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by NeryLoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This pencil is very good for the inner eye corners it doesn't last very long if you don't set it with an eyeshadow but when you do it does exactly what it says, It's a great value and it works, plus it has a built in sharpener which works great.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It hurts my waterline. Didn't leave any mark on either. When I tried swatching it on my hand, the white line was very faint. Even dragging the rock-hard pencil on my hand hurted quite a lot. Wasn't creamy at all. Hate the cap that comes out with sharpener, I guess that's what makes the eyeliner hardens faster. I'll stick with higher dollar brands than this :(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such an awful product. It smudges, soes not last long. It's only 1$ may be that's why the quality is bad, compared to other elf products.The sharpener on the cover is only cute, but that's it about this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by LittleChoco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I was really excited to get this but it was a complete disappointment. There was almost no colour payoff unless you practically scrub it onto the waterline (which isn't pleasant) and even then it hardly showed up. Heating it up with hair dryer did nothing and it wore off quickly.
The cap is awful too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am so sad to see the bad reviews for this item.. NOt sure if i am just lucky to have got good pencils but i LOVE this pencil.. i use it nearly everyday (i alternate between this one & the shimmer pencil in Iconic Ivory) This is a great pencil for a few different things. i know Elf has improved alot of their pencils so maybe since i got the New/Improved pencil, its so soft & creamy!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The Professional Eye Widener comes from the Essential line that will only cost you $1!! its super cheap & affordable for everyone. This pencil can be found on the eyeslipsface website in the essential eye group or ive also seen this at Target. Availability will vary depending on your location.
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
The Elf Eye Widener is a nice soft white/pearlescent liner that i find is excellent for lining the waterline to open up the eyes a tad more w/out being too harsh/unnatural as a pure white liner also its great for lining the inner tear duct area for the smoldering eye look. I use this everyday for those purposes. Its nice opaque white but a pearly white color thats great for the inner tear duct. i love lining it & topping the liner w/ a champagne shadow that way it stays put all day. i have allergy/watery eyes & doing it that way, i dont find it wears away like most pencils. I love this pencil on the waterline. it makes my eyes look a bit bigger. Alone it will wear for a few hours but using a primer & topping this (even on the waterline, if you have really watery eyes, def suggests trying this step) with a powder shadow. this will help w/ staying power. The formula for me, is a nice soft pencil. its not super creamy but creamy enough that this dont pull or tug on the eyes. Its pigmented pearl color. Its a sheer pearl color so i dont expect it to go on opaque. Elf is spot on in its description (which sometimes they can be a tad deceiving) but i totally agree. " This soft white eye pencil goes on smoothly and blends easily, creating an illusion of bold and beautiful eyes that sparkle. Helps to awaken tired eyes for a more youthful and vibrant look!" Its not BOLD but more natural & pretty & i love the formula. The pencil is great & smooth & so great for daily use.
=PACKAGING=
The Eye Widener pencil is like their Shimmer Pencils which are regular wooden pencils that have to be sharpened. this one is great since i find i have to sharpen it once a week basically. if you want more of a sharp point everytime, you will have to do so more often. i like somewhat of a point but nothing too sharp on my waterline. The pencil plastic top has a built in sharpener which i dont use since i dont want a bunch of wood shaving & product bunched up inside there getting on the pencil itself. it would work in a pinch if say i had to use it but its not practical to me. It would eliminate the need for a separate sharpener but elf makes a great basic sharpener that works great which i use to sharpen this. The pencil is easy to sharpen, no wasted product due to the tip falling off. The creamy product sharpens to a point w/out falling off. The pencil is a great size & will last forever. Its def worth the price. The pencil is white in color w/ metallic writing/logo. Simple & chic- nothing too fancy but a great pencil overall.
Overall, this is a nice pearl liner thats great for lining the water line, the inner tear duct & even have used it on the cupids bow.. i find it shows up well & is soft. Not sure if i was just lucky to get a great pencil since i know sometimes w/ elf or any bulk products, there are inconsistencies but i got a great product & use it a ton.. have bought backups for when or if i ever get thru the pencil.. ive been using it for a few months & it hasnt gotten dried up or anything. great simple but essential product for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Honis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in general always impressed by E.L.F's quality in comparison to their prices but this is one of those items that simply does not work. Its extremely hard, the color applies patchy and if you attempt to use it on your waterline you wont only get really sore eyes from the hardness of the pen but the color itself wont even show up. Save your money for something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by itsrainingsunshine

I really like this product! It works great if you use it around the inner corners of your eyes! It really brightens them. This product is only $1, which is an awesome deal, and the lid has a built in sharpener! The only problem I found with this product is that it doesn't show up on your waterline, but it makes a great inner eye corner highlighter and brightener!