Maybelline Shine Seduction Glossy Lipcolor - Ruby Spell

on 4/5/2008 8:00:00 PM

I'm a nude and natural kind of girl but wanted to try a bright red lipcolor. Purchased this product BOGO at rite aid w/ blissful blush. this was just too shocking for me. it really did remind me of dorothy's ruby red shoes .. except on my face. This color is only for people who are used to red lips. i returned it for Bitten Plum and am in love with this shade. Goes perfect w/ my HIP charisma e/s. This gloss is not sticky. It's clean & easy to apply with the plastic tip. I def love the color selection and plan to try more colors.

on 10/14/2007 7:49:00 PM

This is a cool-toned deep pinky-red with shimmer. For those blonde PPPs like myself who often find it troublesome to source good red lip shades, I recommend you try this. I donít tend to wear reds often but this is a nice shade and helps to make teeth appear whiter due to its blue base. Iíve knocked a couple of lippies off, however, because I donít like the consistency of this. For me itís not thick and emollient enough but I am one of those people who love sticky, tacky, thick glosses so for those who like a thinner consistency this might be for you because it looks glossy but doesnít feel overly glossy and your hair wonít stick to it.

on 1/27/2007 8:34:00 PM

I got this in the mail because I signed up for it so I thought I would give it a try. The shine was nice and it wasn't sticky. I also liked the tube and how the gloss comes out, but there are some better glosses out there so I wouldn't buy it.

on 1/25/2007 9:30:00 PM

I got this color and while I liked the glossiness, the color -- which is nice in the tube -- turned bright pink on my lips. Returned and got a nice sheer, nude color that I like a lot better.

on 1/24/2007 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a nice ruby gloss-type lip color with a lot of sparkle. It's sorta sheer but what I can't take is the gritty feel of the glitter on my lips. It's not horrible, but it's there like sand grains. These are BOGOF at Right Aid right now.