John Frieda Luminous Color Glaze in Brilliant Brunette

3.5

Water, Propylene Carbonate, Alcohol Denat., PEG-12 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Xanthan Gum, Dimethiconol, Oleyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Methylcloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothizolinone, Pearl Powder

I prefer John Frieda's Luminous Glaze Clear Shine Gloss (HG), and that's what I'm going to continue to buy. This one has a brown tint that stains my hands and my hair color is already so dark (it's almost black) that the tint really isn't making any difference at all.

It adds some excellent shine and smoothness, but so does the clear version of this product. Not a bad product but I'm not going to buy it again.

I have only used this product twice as of now, but I do like the results. My issue may be different from others though, as I have intense damage and the ends of my hair are very fragile and porous and they don't hold color very long...so every time I dye it brown I need to purchase a glaze product to apply every time I was it to ensure that the color stays and is vibrant and rich rather than ashy and dusty. I have noticed that my hair is a more intense brown after using this product and instead of looking flat and dull it has more of a shine and gloss to it. I will continue to use this product until I run out and see how much more it will help with my color. May or may not repurchase depending on long term results.

This is what I thought about the product after use.

COLOR:
-it's darker than my hair and it doesn't seem to add any warmth to it. I bought the warm brunette and it actually toned down my original color to a darker shade. I hope it washes out soon.

SHINE:
-there's almost no shine. It's not different from my normal hair. I highestly suggest you don't buy this product for shine.

OVERALL FINISH:
-NOT compatible with my hair, somehow...
My hair is ever so slightly tacky and seems greasy, like if I haven't washed my hair in three days. It looks dirty and the tackiness is weighing my hair down. I have fine hair so this is a big minus for me.

So not the color I was looking for, didn't get the shine I was looking for, and it made my hair sticky so I will probably have to clarify tonight...

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After my surgery my hair got really dry and really dull..in fact my sister told me it was looking really ashy or like "dust" on wooden furniture dull.
So I went to Ulta and a guy working there suggested I try the glaze in brilliant brunette as it could deposit some rich brown tones to it.
I was skeptical as I have tried tons of oils and treatments for shine with no luck.
I did it as a weekly treatment and left my dull hair really with a really nice brown tone AND amazing gloss. It was such a huge change that today five guys at work complimented me on my hair!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great product. Like the just-previous poster, my hair's been brittle and not taking dye very well recently. Some loss, as well. The texture is very fine and porous. That said, I like it as thick and healthy looking as possible. My hair sucked it right up, with little rinse-out. Now it's glossy, manageable, with a great rich sheen. Almost feels like someone else's hair! But, I get to enjoy it!

My once super thick and unbreakable hair no longer picked up perm dye after menopause. My reddish brown hair became a mousy dry mop streaked with gray. The last few dye jobs had , damaged the cuticle leaving my hair gummy when wet. So much $$$ wasted on stuff that left greasy hair. I tried Brilliant Brunette glaze. The color and moisture deposit started immediately and built up over time. I now use it twice a week and the difference is amazing. Although my hair feels gummy when wet, it looks fantastic when dry. The color glaze leaves a few natural looking grays and turns the mousy hair brown while bringing out red highlights. My hair has never been this smooth and shiny, it really gets a lot of second looks. I've notice the most positive reviews seem to be from people with damaged or dry hair. I'm going to try to use it instead of perm dye. I can tweak the color or moisture content by varying the amount of glaze or conditioner.

I've got dyed darkest brown hair with my roots slightly lighter but not noticeably so. I have greys so use a permanent colour roughly every six weeks but also do my roots and refresh the colour when I need to with a semi permanent as my hair grows quickly so my greys are always showing unless I'm vigilant. I've recently added a colour deposit shampoo to my regime two or three times a week and figured the John Frieda glaze might also help keep my colour vibrant. I mix it with my usual conditioner as this makes applying it easier as it's quite jelly-like otherwise, and work it through the length of my hair but concentrate mainly on the roots. It's all helping; the colour is rich and vibrant and even though my hair sometimes looks almost black on the ends I can see they take on a subtle but rich dark brown hue (if that makes sense) when I use this product. It's messy so not perfect but I find mixing it with conditioner and leaving on for five minutes the best way to apply it. I want to try L'Oreal Chroma next for a more dramatic colour boost; maybe Mahogany or a purplish shade.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have been using this for many years now, since it came out so its an HG for me. So much to say about this!

My hair color is a never ending, color changing of black-light brown of various tones. Whatever color I have, this glaze gives me a boost. This is a shining treatment while giving the hair a tint of warm dark brown hair color. The color is sheer and the longer you leave it on your hair, the more intense and darker it becomes. You are supposed to get as much water out as your can and apply this. I have even applied this DRY and I got more intense results. Once a week should be good. The result is fabulous. I cannot rave how nice my color and shine in my hair looks. I am always receiving compliments on my long brown hair. My hair color is so rich, more depth, and shiny, just like brown hair should be. The color is not permanent.

One thing I absolutely HATE with this glaze/glossing is the application. Your hands will turn brown!! I must scrub and scrub to get it off. Gloves are recommended. I wish this came in a bigger size, I have long thick hair and I go through this quickly so I buy 2 at a time. This glaze will not make the hair healthier, I actually dont like the texture of my hair afterwards. Its kind of dry....This is not the cheapest buy not expensive as if going to a salon so this saves me money.

If you had black-medium brown hair you will LOVE this!

I personally had great success with this product. Since I have dark brown hair dyed to a 6rb I thought why not try it! Might get me through to the next hair appointment & let me tell you I was pleasantly surprised. Turned out better than expected. I'm not sure why everyone says it smells bad because to me mine smells like coconuts? Not chemicals. Didn't dry my hair out & was totally suggested by my hair stylist.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't believe this is a product that is going to make your hair a healthier condition. I found it to be slightly drying like most glossing and hair dyes are. So, I wouldn't use it as often as the box says. That said, I used it for the first time last week and my hair still looks fantastic. It made it shinier and smoother and I had fewer frizz and fly-aways. I didn't really expect anything in the way of color but it warmed up and deepened my dark brown hair just enough to flatter my skin tone but not so much that anyone is going to comment that I dyed my hair. I usually like gloss products ok for use before an event I want to look extra nice for but this is now my favorite due to the way it bumps up my color