Origins Never A Dull Moment Skin-Brightening Face Polisher with Fruit Enzymes

3.5

on 10/20/2014 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I use this as a face mask, it's like spreading marmalade on your skin but it really does look brighter and smoother when you wash it off. PIH scars look somewhat faded for a while and my skin just looks better somehow. As part of a day of beau-tay, it's nice to slather it on and read for half an hour (or more!) whilst it works. I like the granules, just don't use a heavy hand whilst rubbing on or around your face.

on 8/17/2014 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I understand that apparently this stuff has changed formula, and that the change wasnt a good thing, so, sadly, I came to the party late, I havent experienced the original formula, so I can only have an opinion on the more recent stuff.

God, I hate this.
The scrubby part is ok, its not super abrasive or anything, but, I really dont like the actual texture. Its thick, its super thick, its so thick that it needs to be very watered down to get it to budge. I know to some people thats a mark of quality, but, I need to be able to use a product.

Also, the packaging, its not appropriate for something that thick. It comes in the standard tube, but, you cant really get it out without effort, especially towards the end, where its almost impossible. Youll squeeze and crush and take rolling pins to that bottle, because nothing wants out. If I end up having it in the future, Ill probably cut open the tube on purchasing and move the contents into a tub or something, because thats probably the only way you can use it without really fighting it.

As for actual performance, I dunno, it wasnt too bad when it was watered down enough, but, it didnt actually do anything special, my face felt no more or less soft when using this compared to anything else.

For the price its more trouble than its worth.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have spent several years of mine using Origins exfoliators. Started off using the Origins never a dull moment. After finishing the tube comes Origins modern friction. Both are equally good. I would say Modern friction is more suitable for people with oily and tougher skin. If you have really sensitive and delicate skin, you wanna stay away from such stuff. The modern friction is more heavy duty than Never a dull moment. You can also tell from the pricing. Modern friction is also way more expensive.

If you ask me which performs better, I would say modern friction gives a better polish result. I might also repurchase modern friction again. I have seen reviews saying Apricot scrubs have rough edges and causes skin damage. They are also less expensive due to its relatively cheap material. They might stretch and enlarge pores. I am not too sure how true that verdict is. But to be safe, I would go with the modern friction.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the only scrub I have ever found that doesn't make my face go red and raw after I've used it, yet it's still strong enough that my skin is brighter and clearer after I've used it. I find it particularly good for black- and white-heads, or oily areas like my T-Zone, where my pores are larger and tend to clog. Great for reduction in pore size, though if you are really sensitive only use it once a week and be sure to moisturize afterwards.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This is my favorite scrub ever and I really can't live without. I have sensitive skin and this is the only one I found so far that is gentle enough to use regularly without drying my face. It's also brightening, so much that the days I don't use it people comment that I look tired. The fact that it's sugar based makes it moisturizing. Finally, it lasts me a long time, like 7 months for one tube that I use every second day.

on 5/1/2010 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is good. I have been using it about 6 months or so and it is a nice scrub. In the beginning I didnt really notice anything special, it just made my skin soft. After reading a couple tips on here I found the best way to get the most out of this product. Now given, my skin is very oily and acne prone, with large pores. So it is not Super sensitive. The best wayI have found is to use in the shower after you wash your face. Massage over skin about 2 miutes then let it set in like a mask while you shower, usually about 10-15 minutes. Afterwards... OMG! My skin feels incredibly soft and clean. It looks more even toned and radiant. This is a natural product made with fruit so it makes me feel I am pampering my skin and with something pure and not harsh chemicals. I always follow with a toner and moisturizer. I use this about once a week along with the modern friction and together they keep my skin looking absolutely flawless. A little pricey about $30 but it is natural so you get what you pay for, remember that. Also the texture is kinda sticky but the smell is divine. I would also recommend if you are not willing to splurge on a scrub trying the St. Ives apricot scrub, it is cheap and works well. I took away one lippie because the packaging is just annoying me to no end. Not very practical for the shower or travel.

For a while there, I really liked this, I thought it's very gentle but effective. Then I bought a jar of Modern Friction while I still had this, and I started using one a week, the other one the next week, so on and so forth.

Compared to Modern Friction, this is much gentler, but after a while, I started feeling like it did nothing to my skin, so I stopped using it.

on 3/12/2010 10:04:00 PM

I love the smell and nice sticky texture of this product. It made my skin a little smoother and nicer in texture, but the effect was not significant. Give the price, I would not prefer this to some cheaper yet more effective scrubs.

on 10/30/2009 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is probably the best non-peel type scrub I have ever tried (The peel ones with aluminium powder do exfoliate better but I think they are too harsh to use very regularly). Previous to this I had tried the typical scrubs with ground apricot stones/small plastic spheres and they really did nothing for my slightly oily but a bit flaky skin. But since finding this scrub about 8 years ago I haven't looked back: Iit exfoliates with grains but also with natural papaya enzymes that 'eat up' the dead skin cells, it smells lovely and the texture is luxurious, you skin feels amazing after you use it - plus a tub lasts forever (tp: leave it to act on your skin for a couple of minutes before rinsing off).

on 6/27/2009 9:02:00 AM

It took me a while to figure out the best way to use this on my skin. As a general scrub, it did almost nothing for me, so I put it away for a few months. Then one day it occurred to me that it had fruit enzymes - something that needed time on the skin to work well. So now I get in the shower, wash my face, and put this on. Then I leave it on the rest of the 10 or 15 minutes I'm in there, and wash at the end. I come out with clean, glowing, even-toned skin now! I can't believe I almost threw this away.... anyone who doesn't like it, give it one last try!!