December 23, 2014 | 1536 users online

Gels/Soaps - Jergens - Jergens Bar Soap - White

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by EffieH

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was a teenager in the early 1970s, back when there weren't a lot of really good acne treatments like today. I had horrible acne, tried everything, and one day out of desperation I tried Jergens soap. To my amazement it cleared up my skin, and was my go to cleanser up through my early 20s, especially since it was cheap, by which time my skin calmed down and there were newer better cleansers finally available. It seemed like it was my little secret, because no one else used it and it was never advertised for acne, but it sure worked for me. I would still say "give it a try" to young people with acne, though!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

Oh, how I wanted to like this. I long to be one of those women who rely on the simple, "old-fashioned" beauty products. But alas...my sensitive skin was quite unhappy with this, and boy, did it let me know. I have rosacea, and after washing my face with this, it turned bright red and stayed that way for the day. I plan to give Dove unscented a try next.

I couldn't find this in any store, so had to order online. It only came in a 3-pack, so not sure what to do with the rest.

I do give it points for the light, inoffensive scent!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by RobinFace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this regularly. I have a fragrance allergy and this doesn't bother my skin. I get it 3 bars for $1 at the dollar store. It was a good find. Sometimes the wrap sticks to the bar and takes some time to get the little shreds of paper off.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by XCynX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great buy.I usually get an 8 pack at walgreens on sale for $2.99.Works great for my sensitive hive prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by diane617

This is great soap that will not dry out your skin the way many do. I have eczema on my arms and legs and this is one of the only soaps I can use that does not irritate my skin. I usually only use soap every other shower, but this is one of the best affordable options.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by starlamelissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice bar soap for sensitive skinned people. I use it, and I use it on my two pale skinned irish babies. It has a slight soapy scent that I like, and doesnt make my skin itch and burn like ivory does. Jergen's bars remind me of dial's old "pure n' natural" bars my family used to use. I like this and dove unscented but have been upset over the shrinking bar sizes and raised prices that dove has been doing lately.

Anways, this is a really nice bar that is worth the price. :) I use it on my face, on my body, on my legs to shave, on my 4 year old son, and my 6 month old daughter. :) its all family soap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this in a 3 pack at Dollar Tree after realizing that using Dove bar soap for my entire life might have actually been drying out my skin and clogging it up at the same time--this stuff is way better than Dove!! My sensitive allergy-prone skin is definitely soo much softer and I have less issues with ingrown hairs and razor bumps! The smell is nice and simple and what initially caught my eye towards this product is the short basic ingredients list, which I find work better for me in general when it comes to products, so I'm looking into trying this on my face even just to see that effect...A great buy and will definitely continue purchasing!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by raven4575

Love the smell, lathers up great. I can even shave my legs with it. It's not as easy to find but when I do it's always dirt cheap. I use it during the winter months when my skin is drier and more sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing and very cheap! I tried so many body soaps and im so picky what I like. These leave my body squeaky clean but soft. I also can use this on my chest and back without worrying about it breaking me out. Huge thumbs up for that. The smell is great. The epitome of a clean scent. I was able to get a pack of eight bars for three dollars.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

I don't use this on my hands or body. I use it as a laundry soap, because it hits the spot for that "clean sheets" smell so perfectly. It's the only soap I use to wash sheets and bedding, and I store the extra bars of soap in the drawer with the clean linens to give them more smell.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No