September 2, 2014 | 2031 users online

Lipstick - LORAC - Receive

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

For me, this is the mother of all red lipsticks. When it comes to red lips, I like mine dark and matte-no shimmer, no glitter. Receive is the perfect deep red/brown matte. The formulation is perfect, no transfer onto teeth, glasses, etc., and it looks absolutely fab with my skin tone. Since mattes can be drying, I always exfoliate and heavily moisturize before wearing it, and I do an apply-blot method. This one lasts forever and looks beautiful! I'll never use another red again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by punk_rock_grrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My absolute HG of red lipsticks. I thought I had found the perfect red shade in NARS' Fire Down Below, but when I stumbled upon this little gem, I quickly changed my mind. While FDB is a true blood red, Receive is more of a brick red, which is much more complementary to my skin tone. FDB is perfect for a night out when I'm feeling feisty, but Receive is much more wearable on a daily basis. Also, LORAC's formula is much more lip-friendly than NARS'. NARS dried my poor lippies out beyond belief, while LORAC has found a way to make a formula both creamy and matte at the same time. Can't say enough about this lip color. Receive is pure magic with my biracial tan skin and dark brown hair & eyes as well, so if your coloring is similar to mine, go out and try this color. Absolute perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by kamaile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG beautiful red! Looooooooooooove this. Smells great, wears great and looks great! LORAC lipsticks are very underrated compared to MAC and others, but LORAC absolutely blows the others away. This shade is especially gorgeous--a rich burgundy with enough brick in it so it's not fuschia at all. Please try this, especially if you're darker skinned!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

My favorite lipstick, both for shade and wearability. It's a rich, deep brick red shade offset with just a touch of burgundy (if that makes sense), matte finish, very creamy formula with excellent pigment saturation and good staying power. It works so well with my medium olive skin, dark brown eyes and chestnut hair. If you have warm undertones and want a deep red color, this is great. It is a tad expensive, so when I finished my first tube of this I went to some GWP's I had (I got so used to having GWP's around that I hadn't bought l/s in a while), thinking I would just forget about this stuff. I began pining for this shade and in a moment of weakness at Sephora bought two more tubes. Love this lipstick, it rocks!

UPDATE (4/3/08): This is still the greatest deep red matte l/s to date, but I just haven't been wearing the dark shades very much lately. MAC Strawbaby has taken center stage recently. If you're looking for a deep burgundy-brick red matte finish, Receive is it!