September 18, 2014 | 1388 users online

Styling Products - Clairol - Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by cha1291

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

this mousse is great! its the ONLY hair product out of the hundreds ive tried in my life that ive bought several times already. It smells nice and works to stop frizz and help curl and hold without looking crunchy. i put it in my hair scrunch it then let it air dry and i have awesome beach waves when it drys. Best mousse, one thing i wouldnt spend alot of money on is mousse because there no need to and i use it way to fast id be broke haha. without this i would have never been happy with my waves and would have never got my hair to grow long and strong because i would have kept flat ironing a ton! Try this its cheap and works great! my absolute go to and only herbal essence product i really like. i'm more of a professional product kinda girl but this is my fav!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this smells great and was inexpensive, but has no hold on my wavy hair and made it dry and frizzy with a strange curl pattern (kinky in some places, stiff and flat in others). i used it on wet but slightly towel dried hair, perhaps this was intended to be applied to soaking wet hair. tbd.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by honeybeesting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I recently cut ten inches off my hair, to just above shoulder length. My stylist recommended using mousse to enhance my curls, so I went out and bought three different ones (this, Dove, and John Frieda). This was my favorite of the three. It didn't make my hair feel stiff or stringy, but it did make it curlier and it held the curl all day. I wish it had done more to help the frizz, but in all fairness the other two didn't do any better in that department. And I love the fruity smell! This will be my mousse of choice going forward.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by akneil

I was looking for an inexpensive mousse just to give my hair a little boost. I picked this up at Walmart for around $4 CDN. I smells fruity and tropical, but the smell goes away. It does a good job of enhancing my curls and giving a little more oomph. For the price this is a decent everyday mousse that you can't go wrong with. It didn't make my hair crunchy and it is workable after.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair borders somewhere between curly and wavy - hard to tell as I have stretched it out over time. I have been trying to embrace my natural hair texture for the past few months as a life time of blow drying, and the past ten years of flat ironing has left me pissed at the time and money wasted at trying to achieve perfect silky locks. I have toyed with the Curly Girl Method and have found it has not worked for me. This product is however CG approved as of Feb 2013.
I will wash my hair and ring out some of the excess water with my hands. I then rake one and a half pumps of Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum through my hair (Not CG as it contains cones, but they are removed through regular sulfate shampoo if buildup appears). I will then rake a palmfull of either Herbal Essences Curl Boosting or Totally Twisted Mousse thorugh my hair and then scrunch with my hands. I prefer the Curl Boosting type better, but both work pretty much the same, Totally Twisted just has a bit less hold. I know I have applied the right amount of product when my hair makes a squishing noise as I scrunch. I then let my hair dry for about two to three hours. When the hair has mostly dried it looks shiny, somewhat flat and bit crunchy. I simply toss my head upside down and scrunch my hair again with dry hands to get rid of the crunch and I am left with lovely curls and waves that are nicely defined, frizz free and not at all crunchy. I can pull my fingers through my hair and not hit any snags.
I will say I can only use this for a day as my curls will fall flat by the next morning which is a pity. This is my go to product for lazy days and days when I know I wont mind redoing my hair the next morning.
I love this stuff and will continue to use this product for days when I have time to let my hair dry and rather not endure the hour long battle with a hairdryer followed by my flat iron only to have my hair bend as the day progresses

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by cocodogg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using Herbal Essences' mousses since mid-2009, after getting crap on how frizzy my hair was.

I've tried a few other brands for my curly hair, but they don't do a good job-they leave my hair flat and not defined well.

This one (and {Herbal Essences}their mousses in particular), defines my hair and brings it to life. My hair can get quite flat at the top, so this mousse helps it even out with the bottom layer. To add another plus, it also doesn't leave my hair unmangeable to work with-it keeps it in hold and limits some of my frizz down. (I still do, however have to use my Organix coconut milk serum, so it cuts frizz completely)

My only complaint is the smell.

It used to smell really good, until about a couple years ago. What gives? It still smells decent, but I used to be in love with the smell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The amount of alcohol in this product always makes me wonder why my hair feels soo dry and crunchy after using it? Didn't manage my natural hair at all but made it feel nasty, sticky and dry. Works pretty good on curly hair weave but I won't ever buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by curlyhairchick369

this product was GREAT. its the first curl mousse i ever tried, and it works wonders for my super thick, curly hair. i use it with the la looks mega hold gel (the yellow one, the hold number is 9) and it works great for my hair! this routine leaves it frizz free, and once i add a bit of leave in conditioner, not crunchy at all! and the smell... oh my god. i wish they had a perfume of this smell, its just so sweet and delicious and ohmygod. i probably will repurchase this, just not right away, cuz i am really curious to try out the suave curl enhancing mousse and the garnier curl construct mousse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been rocking the no heat waves from braids and realized I should add some sort of product to add longevity and eliminate frizz. This is the first mousse I tried and super impressed with it. It works wonders as it helps hold the waves all day and never leaves my hair feeling stiff, greasy, frizzy, or flat. Plus it was only $2. Already repurchased and very happy with this mousse.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

I dont use this for scrunching as my hair doesnot scrunch whatsoever. But I put this on my damp hair before using my curling iron. Its decent and I love the smell. However, what i don't like is that there isn't alot of hold though. I like the gel of this line far better. Also this came out very watery when it was almost over.
Would I repurchase? not really. Need something with more hold.
Check out my reviews on other hair products too and let me know if this review was helpful or not.