December 27, 2014 | 1423 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by NicoleMarks

This has become one of my staple products!

My skin is oily, dehydrated, sensitive and acne-prone. This exfoliator is gentle with no harsh scrubbing beads or particles. So far it has caused no adverse reactions on my skin. I do not use it everyday as I think it will be too much exfoliation but rather turn to it 2-3 times per week for days my skin feels more congested or when I want my following skin care to sink in better.

The packaging is convenient, just unscrew the cap and pour out the powder. The lid has 2 big holes for the powder to come out, but does not come with a sifter. However it is easy enough to control the amount that comes out. Next, add some water and rub between your hands and it foams up! Massage it over your face for a minute or so, sometimes I let the foam sit to really let the product work.

After rinsing it off, my skin feels smoother to the touch. Because of its exfoliating and anti-bacterial ingredients, I find that any new pimples that appear seem much smaller the next day after using this, especially when topped up with a spot treatment after. This may not be the case for the big cystic zits that take a long time to go away.

The price is expensive, but the current (and first) bottle that I have is still going after 1 year. So the pain of the initial investment is somewhat subdued when you divide the cost over the time this can last you. Overall it works out to be affordable.

I will definitely repurchase when I finish my bottle.

I've reviewed this product with some other masks I enjoy (especially applicable for acne-prone skin) on my beauty blog, should anyone be interested to read more.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Liwka

If I had to chose one face cleanser/scub to use for the rest of my life, it would be this one. My skin is dry, but very sensitive and can get irritated by the rough Canadian winter winds and cold. I need a scrub that removes my dry skin but doesn't inflam or irritate it. This stuff is the answer.
You just need a quater-sized amount, add a little water to it to create a paste and scrub on wet skin. When the paste gets a little dry, add water and continue scrubbing. It has no scent and feels lovely. However, make sure you get ALL of it off, especially in the eyebrows seeing as it can dry quickly and get stuck on the hairs.
Please note that this product may not feel like it is doing any exfoliating. If you use drug store exfoliators, you may be used to large balls you can see/feel when scrubing. When you transition to this product, it make not feel like you're getting anything from it. This is because the scrubs with the large balls can take EVERYTHING off your face, living it so bare that it shines/actually squeeks. THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING. So please, stop using scrubs that do that....moving on....
The packaging sucks. It's hard to get the last little bit out. I usually cut my tubes in half to get the remains, but I can't with this product, so I usually have to throw out a use or two. When I'm THAT desperate for it. I'll use an exacto knife to cut a larger hole at the top.
All in all, this product is holy grail. I reccomend it for EVERY age group. My teenage cousin transformed her acne-prone skin after using this a few times a week. My 65 y/o mother looks 10 years younger after one use. My irritate, 21 y/o, hormonal acne irritated and red cheeks skin needs no make up because of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by styra

I use this after a night out or when I put thicker make up then usual. It's also great if I need a quick facial scrub. It's gentle on the skin yet it does the job. I really like this. It's easy to use as well. I think the packaging could be improved so the amount of powder dispensed is more controlled.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by MissPepperpot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gently exfoliates without having to scrub which can irritate my skin. I use it once or twice a week as my skin is quite dry and sensitive so I don't like to overdo it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Skin24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For as long as I can remember, I have been addicted to trying new skincare products and cosmetics. It's expensive, but super fun. What I can say with 100% confidence is that Microfoliant is stunningly superior. After years of trying products, it's clear I have a favorite. Microfoliant works magic on my acne prone skin...no breakouts, no dry/flaking...just soft, smoothness. Once you try it, you won't ever want to stop. It's that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by wrapbracelets

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Amazing product. Really works. Removes everything, especially problem area nose. I use it daily and it keeps my nose squeaky clean. The container has two small openings, so you will not waste nor spill which is makes it smart packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not convinced this stuff isn't just that weird powdered soap you find in elementary school bathrooms. That is all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by kaitlynndiane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the travel size as a free gift from ulta or I would never have tried it. $58 for the regular size is a pretty hefty price tag for an exfoliant but I would definitely say its worth it if you have the money! my nose is a problem area as far as dead skin and blackheads. just one use and it is so smooth and looks 10x better. I would say the normal size bottle would last quite a while. do not bring this product into the shower. use it when you wash your face in the sink. the steam will cause the powder in the bottle (its a powder that when mixed with water makes a paste) to congeal.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

I used to love this product 5-8 years ago. It was awesome when I was travelling through Asia for a year. It was brilliant at helping me get the travel grime off my face- especially in India where my face was shiny and icky and had layers of pollution smacked on. It never made my skin feel tight or irritated. I liked that it was fragrance free.

Once I returned to the West I felt annoyed by the packaging- I could not use it in the shower- it would glob up- powder dud!. The hole size was too large and I ended up having to use some on my body when too much came out. Then my face felt a little 'tight' after use.

Now that I am older- the product does not suit my skin type which is why I would not repurchase. If I was younger, I would be interested to try the Indeed Labs powdered facial exfoliator - this has interesting ingredients including hyaluronic acid and bromelain........

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by corgin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My dermatologist switched me to this product because my skin has become increasingly sensitive from using Differin (topical acne medication). I was at first disappointed with this - from my teenage years I was used to scraping my face within an inch from death with coarse exfoliants. I thought that because I couldn't really feel the grains of rice working, they weren't doing anything. I was wrong.

Consistent use of the Microfoliant has proved to not only exfoliate, but to brighten and moisturise as well. I am in the habit of using it 3-5 times a week - Dermalogica's "Gentle Cream Exfoliant" accents this quite well if you use it once a week alongside. DO NOT use the Microfoliant and the Cream Exfoliant on the same day - I had bright red, rashed cheeks for nearly a week.

The only thing that I don't really like is how it will absorb moisture and become solid if you leave it in the shower. Don't do that.