July 28, 2014 | 1033 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by kaitlynndiane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the travel size as a free gift from ulta or I would never have tried it. $58 for the regular size is a pretty hefty price tag for an exfoliant but I would definitely say its worth it if you have the money! my nose is a problem area as far as dead skin and blackheads. just one use and it is so smooth and looks 10x better. I would say the normal size bottle would last quite a while. do not bring this product into the shower. use it when you wash your face in the sink. the steam will cause the powder in the bottle (its a powder that when mixed with water makes a paste) to congeal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

I used to love this product 5-8 years ago. It was awesome when I was travelling through Asia for a year. It was so brilliant at helping me get the travel grime off my face- especially in India where my face was shiny and icky. It never made my skin feel tight or irritated. I liked that it was fragrance free.

Once I returned to the West I felt annoyed by the packaging- I could not use it in the shower- it would glob up. The hole size was too large and I ended up having to use some on my body when too much came out. Then it became a bit drying for my skin.

Now that I am older- the product does not suit my skin type which is why I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by corgin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My dermatologist switched me to this product because my skin has become increasingly sensitive from using Differin (topical acne medication). I was at first disappointed with this - from my teenage years I was used to scraping my face within an inch from death with coarse exfoliants. I thought that because I couldn't really feel the grains of rice working, they weren't doing anything. I was wrong.

Consistent use of the Microfoliant has proved to not only exfoliate, but to brighten and moisturise as well. I am in the habit of using it 3-5 times a week - Dermalogica's "Gentle Cream Exfoliant" accents this quite well if you use it once a week alongside. DO NOT use the Microfoliant and the Cream Exfoliant on the same day - I had bright red, rashed cheeks for nearly a week.

The only thing that I don't really like is how it will absorb moisture and become solid if you leave it in the shower. Don't do that.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect sister product to use along-side Dermalogica clay cleanser. When you mix the two together it's called a 'power wash' my skin squeaks It's that clean. It's locks in my excess oil and my makeup goes on perfectly after I use this. I use this once or twice a week and my skin is the best it's been in years.

My only downfall with this product is I don't like to use it solo - it doesn't foam up and I don't feel very clean after. However mixed with Clay cleanser it's a dream :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Faaaye

I don't know why I haven't reviewed this yet, I've been using it continuously for about 3 years. This is the only skin care product I really spent on. I have pretty dry skin but get a few spots, this exfoliant is perfect, my absolute favourite. Gives a perfect glowing even surface, unlike mechanical exfoliants and leaves no horrible dry patches or 'tears'. I count to at least 60 whilst massaging it in and use it probably every other day rather than the recommended every day. I use it before going out as it gives a smooth surface for applying make up on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by halfaussie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was initially disappointed that the 'grains' were so insignificant soft looking and thought they won't do a good job, but though they were gentle, they scrub the skin so beautifully, thorough, but without that hard abrasive feeling. My skin gets softer and clearer. Not for everyday, 2-3 times a week brings great results for my dry/combination skin) After a couple months I just used it 2x week. It was enough to maintain good skin. It helps clear out pimples!

The week that I used it everyday, I had dry and tight skin from the 4th use, from 5th day felt my skin felt so raw).

I also bought one for a friend (29yrs old, oily pimple prone skin, poor thing, I always see her with pimples) and she loved it! I saw the difference in her face in the second week- most of the seemingly hundreds of little bumpy pimples (they weren't big puss ones) on her face was gone!! But she herself perceived an improvement within a week.

I think for a product that works it's not expensive at all. I did keep mine in the shower later on for convenience and it eventually solidified from moisture so that was a waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Becca42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a licensed esthetician and I use all of Dermalogica on my clients and will never use any thing other!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by sammylai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this product i thought it would be more coarse.

i used this a few times and its okay but i dont think it does anything for me

smells good thought. i cant seem to get the ratio right

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by alipetrina

I am forty five years old with reasonably good, combination skin. My skin has never been dry or sensitive. And then I used this product. Initially my skin felt smooth and clean but quite tight. One day later my skin felt even tighter and dry. A couple of days on and my skin is irritated, itchy, very dry and flaky. I have stopped using my other usual products, including my moisturiser as they sting when I apply them. I am using rosehip oil in an attempt to heal my skin. I cannot recommend this product in any way.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this, i did. Alas not so.

I don't have facials as I am essentially impatient, but my beautician suggested this product after I was complaining about my treatment for hyper pigmentation was stalling esp as my sensitive skin is acne prone, exasperating the problem. I actually had a sample bottle of this in my box of goodies at home, I hadn't wanted to use it as a prev experience had left me with dry, tight skin. She demonstrated how to use this properly and I went away and used it once a day on half of my face, went back a week later and asked if she noticed a difference. She correctly guessed, but then it was 50/50.

It is now finished as I ended up using it 2 - 3 times a week. This does last the longest time, but it really dries my skin out which makes me use less and less often thereby lasting longer and not working as well as it might. Not really a selling point.

Amongst other things It contains SLS as the detergent and foaming agent, without other ingredients to counter it, which is a cheap and known irritant, which is seems counter productive in a exfoliating product of this price and from a company that professes to understand the science of skin. (if I have the right marketing slogan).

I really liked another reviewer who said that the only exfoliation that took place was from her wallet. Say no more.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No