July 22, 2014 | 1664 users online

Eye Shadow - Victoria's Secret - Very Sexy Mosaic Eye Shadow - Sultry

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by brrrit16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have no idea why this product is rated so low! This is my favorite Victoria's Secret makeup item thus far. I'm thinking that most of the reviewers experienced the previous version of the quad seen in the first picture, and not the later one (which I've uploaded above with 4 evenly sized squares along with a pic of my eyes with the shadows on.) It is an absolutely lovely color scheme, perfect for fall because of the autumnal colors: soft taupe, bronzy gold, shimmery deep forest green, and a smooth champagne color. Trust me...I'm a huge makeup lover and don't ever rave about something with poor pigmentation- these are gorgeous and can't wait to wear them in for Fall :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Uglybigliar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Im glad I check the reviews on this palette. I'm having the same issues everyone else is having. I can not build up the color of these shadows wet or dry with or with out udpp. It's hard and dry I taught their was an defect wit mine and was going to Rebuy. In the Vs store it swatched loverly highly pigmented gorg colors I really wanted this to work because the colors looked so pretty!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by greydovefeatherwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hey guys? I've had this happen to me before with hard eyeshadows. Try using water, that loosens up any wimpy eyeshadow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the updated version of this quad in Sultry, just the layout is different, it's in the new version that's striped. I am very disappointed in this quad. I tested this at their store and the one on their display looked gorgeous, the shadows were smooth and pigmented. The colors swiped on easily with my finger and the colors looked gorgeous so I immediately bought this in Sultry. Once I opened the box, I realized mine was a little different from the display. I think maybe the ones in the box are either dried out or a different formula because mine was harder than the one displayed at the store. I had to press down hard in order to get any color. With the lightest one you shouldn't even bother, you will get nothing out of it. The strange part is the darkest color is super pigmented though. It has nothing to do with the fact that the others are lighter colors, the lighter colors are simply dry and hard and doesn't pick up any color. I also tried swatching the colors with my fingers like I did at the store and it was not the same at all which really pisses me off.
It really irritates me that the one I tested was so much better in quality than the one I actually purchased. It's almost like they used a better version for display and used a cheaper formulation for the actual product. It's outrageous that I paid $14 for this, this is about the same quality or even below some drugstore. I've heard the single shadows are suppose to be high quality, I'll try that next time. At least I can use the dark color I guess.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by judeandam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the eyeshadows in this quad are very hard in texture. like many other reviewers, i have a hard time getting the shadow to deposit on my brush. pigmentation seems to be low because of this. the dark black/gold color seems to have the best pigmentation out of the bunch. i really have to work my brush into the shadow to try to get it to come out. i've only tried this quad dry with a stiff bristled eyeshadow brush but you might get more payoff if you try to use it wet with a brush or spone-tipped applicator.

i bought this from victoria's secret a while back during a semi annual sale for 75% off so it was pretty cheap. i'm glad i did, so that i didn't end up wasting so much money on this.

the packaging is actually pretty. i have the compact that is shiney black plastic all over, with a magenta metallic trim around the closure seam. inside the top of the compact is a high-quality glass mirror, about 2.5 square inches.

overall, i wouldn't buy this again due to the hard texture and difficulty in application. the colors are very pretty - it's just such a shame that they won't come out the pan!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by benny143

Nice in theory but the color does not come off on a brush!!!!!!! I have tried everything -- you basically have to scrape the color onto a brush and then it barely shows up on your eyes!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Parioftroy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeshadow palette a while ago and decided to look up its reviews on MUA, as I'm doing with most of the makeup I currently have. Not surprisingly, the reviews of this product are dismal and I'd have to agree with the other users on their comments. While pretty to look at, the eyeshadows that make up this mosiac palette have absolutely no pigmentation, even when using a primer such as UDPP. I hoped that the colors would be more vibrant after swatching off the top layer, but that wasn't the case and after trying a few more times, I finally gave up and tossed it away. I bought other makeup items from Victoria's Secret and am not happy with those either.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by tinkerbell92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale at a sale so i figured i would try it so i bought it in eye candy an i hate it the colors are too light they dont show up at all!

I will not buy it again.

Waste of money!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by missjestr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this 75% off at my local Victoria's Secret because they were having their semi-annual sale.....and I'm glad I bought it on sale. I swatched the colors and to be honest they did not go on as smoothly as hoped and the pigmentation was a light. I would recommend this for those who aren't so fond of bright colors. But I would credit that the shadows stand up against water and rubbing - it didn't come off so easily. So the long lasting factor was very good.
I would suggest that you apply this with your fingers instead or with a very sturdy shader brush. If you use a flimsy brush, it does not pick up any of the shadow.
So I would not buy this again because of how it applies and the pigmentation. But for those who like a lighter shadow application and like to take their time building up the colors, I would suggest this. The original price of this pallet is $18...I got it for $4.50 :) I bought two of these and another pallet that was originally $24 reduced to $6.00. Total it was around $17.
Buy these Very Sexy quads when they are on sale (The other pallet I got was 'The Beauty Of Brazil'...which was better), because the quality can seriously be compared to Maybelline and CoverGirl. Definitely not worth $18.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great colors! By far the best mosaic pallett from VS. Goes on easily with a brush or eye shadow sponge. I would recommend using a primer underneath though, because it makes it last much longer.