December 21, 2014 | 997 users online

Blush - NYX - Rouge Cream Blush (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by nurfitras

I have this cream blusher in Orange and Natural. Many reviewers said that this blusher is highly pigmented and lasts all day, but on me, it isn't at all. It stays on my cheeks only for about 2-3 hours, and then, it dissapears. I thought it was because I only applied a little bit of product (cos it IS very pigmented on my fingers, yes, I use my fingers to dot and blend) so I applied 2 or 3 layers and cover it with a bit of powder to set it up. It looked nice on my cheeks when my make up is finished, especially the Orange one, a gorgeous terracota orange that matches my yellowish fair-medium skin beautifully. But 2 or 3 hours later it dissapears eventhough I have a quite dry skin, and I'm not sweating or anything that can possibly wash it away. Meh so disappointing!
The cheap plastic packaging is also a sucker.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by dashing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have in Glow/Eclat, warm pink, applies easily, a little streaky if not careful, seems to get a little darker on my skin after about 10 minutes, lasts a few hours. Not as good as Stila blushes, but inexpensive. I tried on my lips and got a nice sheer color, but no lasting power, great to use on the fly, but had a hard time reapplying over makeup. Not too expensive, great in gym bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by sezens

I love how these look on the skin, but they broke me out :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by BahattA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this product in "Boho chic" and I just love it!! It has a beautiful natural color that gives the skin a healthy blush. I Plan on buying at least one more of these!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by yloshaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have 2 NYX rouge blushes in Boho Chic and Natural and I love them both! The boho chic looks more natural than the natural does. Natural is a little more peachy pink. They are not overly oily and they stay on for quite a long time through a regular day. I also use them as a lipstick as well! Great for the dry skin gals like me!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by doremi27

Its just an average product for me, as said before it was hard to blend and sticky. However, the color is great and you will get great natural blush if you apply it after foundation and before loose powder. Not sure I'm going to repurchase this product, maybe I'll just try something else.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

given so many good reviews and the recent sale @ ulta, i decided to check these cream blushes.
well, the color selection is good and these blushes look very pretty - from very subtle (natural) to very bold (red cheeks). people of different skin colors and undertones, can find a blush that will suit them. that's the only good thing about these blushes.
nyx wants you to believe these blushes are 'velvety'. meh, not so fast. when you read reviews expressing different opinions re: the way these blushes feel - anything from too dry to too oily - just remember that they might feel completly different based on the color you've selected. i had the opportunity to test all blushes on display, and they felt quite different from one pot to the next. i did not test different containers within the same color category, but would not be surprised if they feel and apply differently, as well.
so, if one blush slides off your face, maybe try another color - it might feeld much drier. there is really no consistency across the board, which given different skin needs, might be a good thing :)
now, lets talk about pricing. some people are raving about how inexpensive these blushes are. you read comments like 'at these prices, why not try them all', "what do you have to loose, they are so cheap"... inexpensive? hmm.... they come in rather large, and rather flumsy plastic containers, which can fool you into thinking you are getting a good deal and a lot of product. but, look at the back label. for $7 you are getting 3.5 gram - .12 oz of product. yes, meger .12 oz, which at $7.00 retail, comes to 58 cents per ounce.
now, let's compare this to - oh i dont know - lets say, josie maran blush stick. retail price - $21 for almost 16 gr - .55 oz, which is only 38 cents per ounce.
are you kidding nyx? one can get a far superior blush with some ingredients which are actually good for one's skin for almost 1/2 your price. wow
btw, there is no ingredient list published on nyx website. must be a reason why. good luck reading it off the back label.
if you really in love with the color selection and just have to have it and you are sure your skin will love it, and you are convinced the color will look good in you - buy it and enjoy it! just dont let them fool you into thinking you are getting some great bargain. you are not! you are getting a cheap product for $$

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this in Hot Pink and Red, and have pale, light olive skin for reference.

Hot Pink: Blends like butter. Gives the most natural looking flush I've ever seen on my skin, but the key is to barely use any at all and to do 2-3 layers of that so it will last all day. HG product for natural makeup lovers.

Red: Vintage lovers, watch out! It doesn't blend as easily as Hot Pink, but the color gives that gorgeous 1950's pin-up doll look on my skin. It definitely lasts all day.

I use one of these blushes everyday. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by meggers88

I have natural, which is a really nice, peachy-pink color. It stays on all day and it can look nice and like a natural flush if you work at it. I find it works best if I use my pinky because that is literally all you need. Then I blend it from the apples in an upward slant, and then directly down so the color doesn't look streaky. However I hate the consistency. It feels like smearing lip gloss all over your face and it can look really unnatural if you don't follow a meticulous routine with it or use too much. It's just too much work for me, I need to save up for a better cream blush.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by falconcutie364

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i am writing this review for the natural color as it doesnt have its own board for the cream version. I find in my makeup routine that if I put cream blush on it makes my powder last a lot longer. it also looks good for a dewy finish by itself. a little goes a long way with this product. i use way less with this then I do with others. this isn't a bad thing you just have to blend very carefully bc the pigment . I'm not giving it a better review bc it's pretty difficult to blend. the texture is a bit tacky so you have to work quickly.