October 23, 2014 | 1433 users online

Skincare - Body - NADS - naughty nads bikini design kit

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by sakuraface

i love this wax. it smells good and is pretty strong in taking the hairs off. unless i find another hard wax that works better and is easy to get (i was thinking of getting cirepil but then i'd need to order it + a wax warmer rather than just getting this at the store) then i'll just be sticking to this one! u save a lot of money with this little kit rather than going out and getting brazillians every so often. but don't use it unless you've already gotten a brazillian and you are kind of just maintaining ! i would say go to a professional first, and as the hairs begin to grow in again you can start waxing it yourself with this kit its not a big deal ! good luck ^.^ hehe

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by edenholly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been doing my own Brazilian waxes for a long time now, and am pretty comfortable with the procedure. I normally use Nair Salon Divine but NADS was on sale at the time that I ran out so I decided to give it a go.

In short, it is terrible (at least compared to what I am used to). I have never had a hard wax so inflexible that it literally snaps in half once it really dries, and a consequence of this is that removal often leaves random patches of wax on the skin once you pull it off. You'd think that this would mean that it at least clings well to the hairs, but I have found that in comparison to other waxes, it is pretty damn terrible at this too - I have to re-do most areas at least once.

Even if it was cheap I wouldn't buy this wax again, but it comes in a relatively tiny jar and is relatively expensive too, so I would just not bother and move on to the next one!

Edit: I wrote this right after/while using it as I felt so strongly about the product. I just need to add that I have never experienced so much pain/irritation as I have had with this product, which I believe is due to its tendency to stick to the skin (which I had put powder on beforehand). I didn't even get to finish the job despite (as I said before) having done this many, many times myself (so I am not afraid of the pain that generally accompanies a self-done brazilian). My bikini area now feels like it's on fire and I 100% regret ever having bought this product, no matter the savings. I remember NADS being advertised as a sensitive, natural product but this is just HORRIBLE!

If you have used this product as your first foray into self-done bikini waxes, don't be put off!! There are many other products out there that are way better and don't hurt nearly as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by me12345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Haha, I really like this. It's the best wax i've ever used. I don't see what everyone's complaining about. It does require some technique....and the heating time is wwwaaayyy longer than they say on the packet...but it works really well and doesnt hurt that much. I've tried warm waxes with cloth strips but they were soooo damn painful and i got extreme bruises from them. To make sure this works properly, don't let it cool too much or it will crumble...and don't pull it off when it's still liquidy. It does let some hairs escape but you can pluck or shave them. And if you get folliculitis from regrowth, just use Caron 'bump eraser' for a couple days after.
Overall, a very good product....i shall definitely be repurchasing:)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by berri_yumz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Overall, this is a good wax. I think the problem with self-brazilian/bikini waxes more often has to do with the lack of skill/experience/tools of the person, and the inherent difficulties of waxing these areas yourself. Yes, you will have to make back and forth trips to the microwave, which is annoying, but it's not the wax's fault and if you want to avoid that then you HAVE to invest in a wax warmer to maintain the right heat/consistency and that's that. Also,one of the most important things about waxing is making sure you apply it in the direction of the hair growth, and remove it in the opposite direction, which is really hard to see/determine on yourself and gets tricky depending on your flexibility/positioning etc. It also just plain hurts and if you intend to do a Brazilian yourself you have to have some level of masochism within you because it HURTS. Sometimes you slow down because you think you're pulling your skin off--but no, its just the hair. It's one thing to have someone else do, but inflicting the pain on yourself takes it to a whole nother level. All this mixed in with the fact that you kind of don't know what you're doing will inevitably lead to frustration and dissatisfaction that's not necessarily the products fault. It's like liquid eyeliner. You can't blame the product because *you* don't know how to use it and have an unsteady hand.

That being said, I think this wax itself is *very* good wax. I have used other kits before (Sally Hansen's in particular) that I have SWORN OFF because they were so gooey and impossible in even straightforward areas like the legs and ended in tears and misery. OR just irritated my skin and didn't even take off any hair! Nad's worked hitch free on my legs and most of my bikini/butt area. BUT things got tricky in the more intimate bits. I think the process would have went a lot smoother, especially in some areas if it was used with muslin strips, which I think should have been included. Even though you don't NEED them, the problem is that the wax is not strong enough to keep together and rip out all the hair in really dense areas of hair. I couldn't just rip off the strip in its entirety in certain parts, but I would have to get it off in small tufts because chunks would get left behind. In some ways this was less painful, but more frustrating because it would get very difficult to remove once the wax cooled to a certain point, and it just took so much time. Also, sometimes it was hard to find the edge to lift the wax, which presented another difficulty that muslin strips would have solved. Lastly, more sticks would've been nice.

The other thing I think would make this product better is BETTER INSTRUCTIONS. It just tells you the basics (on in direction, off in the opposite direction while holding skin taut, don't pull up, stay close to the skin, work from the outside in) but I'm sure I speak for the average user when I say that a "how to actually navigate the area" with a step by step would be of SO much use. If it said, 2 inch sections here, the hair mostly grows in this direction here so apply the wax like this, you can use are large swatch there but not here, hold the skin like this here, but like that over there and pull with this hand, etc. it would of taken out some of the confusion and apprehension. Most of us don't know wtf we're doing down there, so even though the wax is fine we can't use it properly because we don't know what to do.

Anyway tl:dr; but my here's my final verdict/summary:
-The wax itself is good quality. I would buy it again, definitely for the legs, underarm and bikini area where this worked pretty hitch free and was actual not too painful. It wasn't drippy and i didn't make a huge mess everywhere. Also wasn't too stringy. Wax residue came off easily enough with coconut oil.
-Although my Brazilian turned out mostly successfully, I probably would not use this wax again for *that* purpose. Mayyybe if I had muslin strips, but it took so much time and was pretty painful--I just don't think I'm cut out for this particular DIY. I would rather pay someone else to inflict the pain, I can't handle it. Maybe you can.
-I would've liked it better if it included muslin strips and more sticks and even more wax. It's good only for one Brazilian (at least for me). BUT given the price (only $14?) that could be forgiven.
-The shapes are so cute! I couldn't manage the heart myself but I will probably bring them along to my waxer next time. :D

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by jsaudrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This sh*t SUCKSS!!! DO NOT waste your money on this it is not worth it. I just got through using this and OMG it hurts like hell and doesnt even do a good job...made a HUGE mess all over my bathroom and it took FOREVER to get the sticky mess off of me...Overall HORRIBLE experience.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

I bought this thinking yeah i like the normal nads and this should be the same only more aggressive on coarse hair. Well its not the same and its a hard wax and a really hard wax to apply.

I followed the instructions and did the initial test ok, but when i tried it out on my bits it was a no go. The instructions suggest you try to make the wax curl up so that you can pull off the hair. I mean how is the wax supposed to curl up when it is stuck to all your hair?? when i realsied this it was too late and the wax set and i couldnt rip it off cause i had nothing to hold on too. It was a painful job to get off and wel i dont want to go into it, but there was alot of ouch ouch ouch omg this wax is going to be on my bits forever. using the ooil wipes they give you help get alot of it thank god, but it was still painful cause i had to pull the majority off slowly and painfully.

packaging - sh*t.... 2 paddle pop sticks?? wax is really hard and took more than 2 minutes to heat. you get about 5 sachets of oil soothing wipes. stickers to make soem brazilain shpes. Umm they were kinda big shapes! !!! I threw them out.. i'll stick to a runway strip.... simple and easy!

i was so peeved i spent $15AUS on such a crap product. I love Nads the green stuff, but after this experience i went to the shops and bought Veet warm wax and used that instead. so much better and i was able to do a brazilian easy peasy. dont waste your money on such an inferior product.

i cant find a review on the veet warm wax but that is heaps better, im even thinking it could be better than Nads green wax. Its made from sugars (fructose/glucose) but i think it sticks to all the hairs HEAPS better. And it comes off in water. SWEET! and it only take 1m in the microwave and its got a good spatula too and 10 cotton strips. its also bigger than Nads green wax tub!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Teiris

This product is terrible! I should have known better than to do it myself, but I thought I'd give it a go. The wax took forever to microwave, even though the directions said otherwise. The wax is so hard to pull off too! I managed to get one to come off nicely, and the rest became goopy in the middle and stretched and broke, which caused a lot of pain. I followed the directions to a T. I e-mailed customer service to complain, and she said I must have been doing it wrong, and I could send the product back for testing. As if the company's going to say anything's wrong with it! Save yourself the hassle and get it done professionally.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2006 6:01:00 PM More reviews by missamerica32

OMG! No this hurts like HELL & doesn't even get all the hair off, so basically a complete waste of my time & pain! OMG, NEVER again! I just used this so I'm still mad that I put myself through that much pain for nothing! I was an idiot, and smeared it all over the area that I wanted to delete the hair from then decided to rip it off, and about halfway through when I realized I had royally screwed up, it was not possible to turn back, so I just had to do it! OMG! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Childbirth was less painful, I swear! ;o) Don't get this! I got it on sale for $7, and I didn't double dip, so maybe I'll send it to the girl who liked this stuff! ;o)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Mitsouko_Claire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hello, this is going to be a bit intimate.
I only ever wax my bikini line, and i am a poor poor student, so i was looking for an at home bikini wax kit that would do the job nicely. I have tried wax strips (too hit and miss, not enough hair removed and too painful to go over again) and nair easy roll on wax (very tricky to apply and stops working well after a few goes).
I decided to try nads after seeing a very persuasive infomercial late at night. I went to superdrug and saw two nads products: the full size one off the telly, and this, which looked like the same product but a bit cheaper. I forked over my hard borrowed cash.
From the nads reviews here, sounds like this is a totally different product from the original. Original nads is a water-soluble sugaring paste which you spread on thinly at room temperature and remove with cotton strips. This stuff is a WAX that you have to blitz in the microwave, apply to bikini line, wait for the wax to harden for a few seconds, and then you rip off the hardened wax. Whats more, you get a selection of bikini stencils in four designs (landing strip, triangle, heart and wierdly enough, a thunderbolt). I did not use these as they are too silly, and i only want to get rid of the hair that pokes out of my knickers, not go for a full 'hairstyle'. Besides, who wants pubic hair shaped like a thunderbolt?? Nobody.
This was kind of a bitch to heat up because i don't have a microwave. They offer no alternative heating methods, so i just stuck it in a hot oven for two mins. This is not so great because it only melts the top layer of wax, and melts the pot lid rim, which is a bit wonky now. I can still close it though, so never mind. Also, the label tells you not to heat it in a pan filled with water, which i will probably do next time frankly, because it will probably work better than the oven, and also, nads is not the boss of me.
The application is ok, simple enough even for me. The spatula they give you is a bit small, i reckon, and it snapped in half when i was trying to stir up some of the wax. The ripping off part hurts like hell, but definitely gets everything off, which is fab, so no going over the same red raw area three times. The fake fruit scent is pleasing also.
verdict: the best at home waxing i've ever used, but still a total mess and more trouble than its worth. Eventually, science will prevail and we'll all have a better solution that we'll all wonder what we ever did without, but for now this is ok.
Will eventually re purchase.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No