November 23, 2014 | 1543 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Rosewine 225

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wish I had discovered this color sooner! I have NC 35-40 skin, olive undertones, and this is the perfect day-to-day subdued red. I saw in another review that this is the perfect red if you're afraid of reds--I couldn't have said it better myself. Perfect for a hint of rosiness without being too bright or bold. I'm a huge fan of Revlon lip products and was pleased to find that this particular shade seems to be a lot less drying than the others I've tried. This is an HG lip color for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by crabbygrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the perfect red for people who are afraid of red. I wore this color in high school (which is longer ago than I care to say -- let's just say we are talking decades) and decided to try it again in my quest for a more dramatic daytime look. This is just the loveliest subtle shade of red that I think would complement many skin tones. It isn't the longest lasting but is moisturizing which is a big plus. To heighten the red tone and make the color last longer, I apply a red lip liner and fill in my lips with the liner; apply the lipstick; blot; then reapply and very very lightly blot. I get incredible wear this way. Definitely give this a try if your New Year's resolution is to go a little bold with your lip look!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by nettyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG lipstick. I absolutely LOVE the color. It's a perfectly subtle orange-y red, and it's not overly bright. I wear it with nude lipliner, and if it wasn't for my boyfriend, it would probably last a good four hours without needing to reapply. The texture is nice and creamy, not too drying, although I still put chapstick over it after a couple hours. I got endless compliments when I first got this lipstick, and I will absolutely purchase again. This is an amazing lipstick if the color works for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by onegoodcat

It is not fair to give this a bad review if it wasn't right for your skin. Just because the color did not work for your skintone does not make it a bad product. Light frosty pinks look bad on me but I wouldn't rate it badly because I know that color works with other people's complexions. Rosewine came on me just the way it is advertised. So to the reviewer below me: Lipsticks do not look the same on everyone because it depends on the skin tone.

Anyway, the color was great with my complexion. It wasn't "rusty orange." It was more of a red wine on my lips, but it depends on the lighting and color of clothes you are wearing. Sometimes this can look like a dark coral with a very deep red mixed in...I feel like this would look nice on certain blondes or redheads. The product is very creamy! It is such a fabulous lipstick. Love love love.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by 1017

This was just very, very wrong on my NW20 skin, almost black hair, brown eyes, rosey brown lips. This went on a rusty orange color. I even triple checked the label to be sure I had grabbed the right one. I didn't even leave the parking lot before going back in to return this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This color really depends on what you're wearing it with. When I wear black or dark colors, it's a warm, vibrant shade of red (not classic, 1950s red, much warmer and subtler than that) with pink and orange overtones, but if I wear it with lighter colors, it becomes an unpleasant and very unnatural-looking shade of coral. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to rock this shade of red in spring or summer (unless I want a REALLY dressed-up look), but it's a great pop of color for fall or winter.

On the technical side, it's a matte formula (I'm generally not a fan of glittery or overly shiny lipstuff) that glides on perfectly smoothly, stays for several hours (although it definitely doesn't last all day, especially through meals), and even leaves behind a nice rouge-y stain. I wouldn't call it especially drying (I've definitely seen way worse), but it's not especially moisturizing, either - if you tend to have dry lips, you might want to lay down a coat of lip balm first, even though it otherwise goes on fine on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by hanawaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I just love this classic colour. Perfect for daily office or casual wear. My countless purchase from Revlon's lip color range. I won't stop buying them because it's really really worth every cents! Colours are pigmented, and best part, it's sold in drugstores, so convenient, don't need to head to town or big shopping malls to purchase them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by sexysxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It was my first time purchasing Revlon's Lip Range. I bought this lovely lipstick last week for only SGD$12.90 (U.P: SGD$18.90). Didn't regret my decision 'cos the color is very pigmented & doesn't bleed. It looks even better when I draw my lips beforehand with Revlon's Lip Liner (also in 'rosewine'). Looks more defined.

On days when I don't want the color to be too dark, I'll just blot a little and my lips will look natural with a nice subtle shade.

I even bought:
- Another 2 shades (Love That Red, Bali Brown) = same results
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (Cherry Tart)

It's really worth it. Go & grab them now! :)

Overall Review:

Packaging: 5/5

Color: 5/5 (Very Pigmented)

Lasting Power: 4.9/5 (It WILL totally go off at the end of the day if you don't re-apply at least ONCE. I mean, which lipstick doesn't, right? Especially if you have your meals, drinks etc.)

Price: 5/5 (Bought it during 'Sale', saved my SGD$6, totally worth it)

Results: A+ (Very Satisfied)

Re-purchase?: DEFINITELY! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

Rosewine has been around for a long time but I believe it may be discontinued. Teak Rose is another classic with nearly identical but somewhat deeper color. Depending on what store you buy from you might see Rosewine (225) or Teak Rose (445), both creme finishes with a muted red/orange pigment. I would describe Rosewine as the slightly less intense of the two "adobe clay" shades. Nevertheless they both share warm red/brown/coral tones for a hue that is particularly appropriate for the fall. For a less coral and more pink version with a similar amount of color overlap, Revlon Pink Velvet (423) and Berry Rich (510) are both creme finishes with a medium-deep nude tone with a "pop". These colors, like Rosewine, are not garish nor are they subtle. They are a nice choice day or night.

Somehow I ended up with all four shades and I feel they overlap too much. If I divide my lips into four quadrants I can apply all four colors and the only difference is that group one shifts orange (Rosewine/Teak Rose) and one shifts pink (Pink Velvet/Berry Rich). They offer the same general color depth otherwise.

I have a theory that Revlon does what a lot of companies do when they sell to a lot of different vendors. Competing drugstores, Walmarts, Targets and the like line their displays with slightly different selections of the same color pallet with different names/numbers. In this way retailers can each have their own share of customers who "must" buy such-and-such favorite at such-and-such store because it's only available here but not there. In this way retailers can carry the same brand without competing toe-to-toe over the exact same colors/prices. To bring this full circle from the observation that many stores no longer stock the shade "Rosewine", it's worth noting that when a cosmetic company discontinues a lipcolor you really like it may be that you don't always have to look far to find a near match. Sadly, some shades are gone for good (Revlon 235 "Deep Nude" I miss you! Where art thou, Revlon 362 "Cinnamon Bronze"?). Frequently though, Revlon offers a nearly identical color under a slightly different name, essentially duping their own line to serve retailers' needs. The secret, I've found, is to look somewhere else where products are sold for an alternate selection, bringing along your old lippie to match to a "new" color within the same line.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by tearupyourphotos

This is a dusty pink/red color that's more of a daytime look. This goes on really opaque when you apply it straight from the tube, and makes a nice stained look when blotted. It has all the other great qualities that the Crème finish SLs have (which also means that I need lip balm under it, as they tend to dry my lips). This is another great addition to my growing collection of Revlon lipsticks.