September 19, 2014 | 891 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam VI

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

After trying out a TON of lipstick I settled on this one for my wedding day. I wanted something not too bright, that would fade evenly (so as not to look awful/blotchy in pics) but would give me enough colour to show up in pics. Great colour, would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

YES, yes, yes, yes...Oh and more YES. I own probably 150 lipsticks, and this is probably my new favorite! I am typically a fan of brighter/more vivd and bold colors...but lately I have ventured into the "natural" / "nude" world of lipsticks...and I have been pleasantly surprised! I have big lips and I like to draw attention to them and for some reason I was under the impression that you couldn't do that unless you were wearing a bright red or pink. I was wrong! This is seriously one of the most gorgeous colors I have tried...there is something about it that is so flattering and feminine. I went into MAC itching for a lipstick, and I swatched a few. This immediately stood out to me and I knew I had to try it. It is a little too sheer when it's worn alone, no matter how much you layer it on it still sort of has a "sheen" and I could see it wearing off very easily. I used MAC's lipliner in "Spice" and when I put this over it, I knew it was the perfect combination! MAC's "Spice" is a VERY similar color to Viva Glam VI and it's matte so it gives the lipstick what's it's missing out on and it helps make your lips look a little fuller and adds hours onto the longevity of the lipstick. I topped it off with MAC's Dazzleglass in "Moth to Flame" and only put it on the center of my lips and my lips have never looked more full or beautiful in my life! This color is perfect for everyday, work, school, interviews, lounging around the house...and I even wore it to dinner with my boyfriend and he said that my lips looked really big! ;) haha so it's a WIN in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Aubreylara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful everyday or dress up color. Very versatile. You can lighten it up, brighten it, or leave it and its beautiful. A staple to have in collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by snis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do believe this is my HG nude, lightweight everyday lipstick. This is what I wear when I am doing a subtle lip with a smokey eye, when I am going conservative for a work event, when I am hanging out on the weekends in jeans and a t-shirt etc. It is always with me. It matches my lip color very well- a plummy brown color and the Lustre formula is wonderful, my favorite formula of the MAC lipsticks. I would never have chosen this shade, as a lot of beige-like lipsticks are recommended as nudes for darker skin tones but this is perfect for my NC 43 complexion. Thank heavens a MAC SA suggested it. I pray they never stop making this lipstick. I am betting a lot of others feel the same because it is always in short supply when I buy it.

The cherry on top is that all proceeds from all of the VIVA Glam products go to the MAC AIDS Fund. So, I can indulge my addiction and do some good :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by Daniya

Beautiful color for the fall, very build able color

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by hollieua

This is my HG Lipstick and gloss. I purchased the gloss when the color first came out in Summer 2006. I loved the pearl shimmer that it had. The color was limited addition at the time and I couldnt find it for the longest. I am so glad they brought it back! I bought more today online! ( Note: Don't buy on eBay b/c it is more expensive than it is at Mac!) I am just trying to find a perfect liner to go with it now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet I have used this for years. It's a lovely color on my NC 40-42 skin tone, Bobbi Brown warm 4.5 foundation or Sand IMAN foundation stick. I even have the lip gloss, I pair the both together with mac whirl lip liner very classy looks good for daytime and evening a staple in my makeup wardrobe.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Ragw33d

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm so in love! This is the first MAC lipstick I've bought, I love many of the other colors but the the consistency always got me. The normal lippes I liked were too drying, and the sheen supremes were too messy without a liner, so I always passed them by. I was at my MAC counter today to try on brick o la, which is lovely on me but I wanted something a little more natural. (Maybe I'll get it for fall.) The sales lady suggested Viva glam VI, it looks a little intimidating in the tube, almost like a silver bronze but on the lips its the loveliest neutral berry. Its what I wanted brick o la to be and I love it, its a surprisingly sexy neutral lol! Note: The swatch that you see on the website is waaay off, but the bigger picture of it is a little better for color reference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Found this after a long search at the MAC counter. First, I found One of a Kind limited edition shade and as luck would have it, they were out and had sent the rest of their stock back. Why??? So, we went on a search for something similar and found Viva Glam VI. This lipstick is a perfect rosy color with maybe a hint of brown on me - and not dark and not light It's in their lustre line so it is shimmery and not as long lasting as the cremesheens. Mac's website calls this color a warm terra-cotta plum, but I'm just not seeing the plum very much but I am seeing the tiniest hint of orange.

I think I found my favorite every day lipstick, though. It's easy enough to apply without lipliner and it is so gorgeous. It's really very beautiful and worth a try for neutral or warm toned gals.

Update: I had to lower the rating because the lasting power is terrible. 30 minutes later the color has faded by more than half and it loses all of its sheen that quickly, as well. My lips peeled like crazy, as well. I sent it back and got the Pro Long Wear in sweet ever after instead and have been much happier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This color isn't nude on me, it shows as a plum-brown on my complexion. I tend to like colors that look nude on my lips like Touch (warm neutral). But I still like this color for a "I want to look like I'm wearing lipstick", but nothing over the top. The texture feels great, it's light. I find it a nice autumn / winter color when you want to go a bit deeper in shades. To lighten the shade I put Viva Glam VI lipgloss on top, it tends to make it a bit pinker on my lips. I also use VS Wet which lightens it a bit to a mauve brown. This lipstick is a nice deeper shade for me. For reference, I wear NC45.