August 29, 2014 | 1197 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - Bois d Armenie

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been trying a lot of perfume samples lately. I've liked some, I've disliked most. I was beginning to think I was being too picky and dismissing perfectly good fragrances for no reason and should be giving them more of a chance. One sniff of this and I felt vindicated. THIS is was real perfume is all about. I true quality fragrance envelopes you in the scent and transports you to another world in a flash. Armenie does not dissapoint. Smooth and woody and just devine. Buy it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by rosa38

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Musty, dusty, papery, sweet, spicey, and smoky. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by suzi2qs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a very thoughful fragrance from Guerlain, very pricey too. I love incense/smoke notes in my perfumes but this one just did not do it for me. It is a very restrained composition, unmistakeably Guerlain in all ways but for the sillage and lasting power. The lovely waft of sweet incense disappears on my skin within 15 minutes even after 8 generous spritzes. If this were kicked up to have more oomph I would have bought a full bottle for certain. Classic and beautiful as it is, it would be a profound waste of money for me. What's the point of making a great scent that doesn't stick around. Guerlain dropped the ball on this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bois d'Armenie is a beautiful scent. However, it gets a bit too heavy on me. I wouldn't quite describe it as "sour" as others have, but more like I'm wearing my father's Aramis. It's elegant but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by jardines1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I know a fragrance approaches HG status when I inhale its scent, close my eyes with contentment while simultaneously being transported to a blissful state. Not many scents can do this for me. Cuir Beluga is one, Bois d'Armenie is another.

Part of the L'Art et la Matiere line, this fragrance opens quite reminiscent of Cuir Beluga--benzoin and creamy vanilla, with no sharp edges. As it develops, I detect light smoke, incense, sweet woods and a hint of patchouli--soft, subtle, etherial, comforting. The scent only improves and becomes achingly beautiful the longer it is on my skin.

The drydown is the BEST close-to-the-skin scent I have ever encountered. It is my favorite part of the experience.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by CaKaT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite scents. This is a beautiful incense fragrance with a 24 dry down (if you can wear the same shirt that long!) Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Notes: Top : incense, iris, pink pepper. Heart : Gaļac wood, benzoin, coriander leaves. Base : copahu balm, patchouli, white musk. Bois d'Armenie is lovely. Woody with a touch of sweetness and quite distinct. Perfect for fall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by tessture

Lucky me to not get sickly sweet or burning plastic. This is my new favorite: Incense smoke, wood, paper, sheer patchouli that’s barely there. Almost gourmand in a wood-and-French-egg-vanilla-smoke way. Heavy on the benzoin. I love it. I'm looking for more. EDIT: Talked my DH into buying me this at the Epcot Florida boutique. It will be a birthday present, because of the expense, but I'm so excited! loving my little decant, I'm very happy that the full bottle is in my future! (yes, he's making me wait. sigh.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Wyrmiax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Starts with a spike of coriander and iris, settles into a drydown of rich spiced play-doh. Very Guerlainesque and sophisticated, but not really for me--coriander is always a deal-breaker for me, and though I like benzoin, this much of it is too much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 3:31:00 AM More reviews by drvogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Im glad I'm not the only one who's chemistry has betrayed her. I had really high hopes for this one but I could not scrub it off fast enough. I even applied it twice to make sure. It was worse the second time. On me, this smelled "sickly sweet" as another reviewer very aptly described below. It was like burning plastic. I am bummed this did not work on me but I guess my wallet thanks me.