Chanel No 5 Body Lotion

4.6

on 5/7/2013 2:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a great lotion, it does a fair job of moisturizing, and follows the same scent as the bath soap and powder. The fragrance accents all strengths/blends of the No.5 line. A little pricey, but well worth it for the feel and smell of this wonderful fragrance!!!

on 3/20/2011 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Got this in a sample size... I love it, smells delicious!

on 7/8/2010 2:18:00 PM

Lovely smelling lotion. I layer it with Chanel No. 5 eau premiere. The lotion has a very sexy smell. It makes my skin so soft. I will purchase again and again. I have found, however, that I like the body cream a little better.

on 5/27/2009 2:35:00 PM

An amazing, light body lotion that I use to layer with my No. 5 fragrance. As the packaging is so small and it is super expensive, I do not use it all over my body. I simply use it to layer with my fragrance to make it last longer throughout the day. I use it in combination with No. 5 Eau Premiere and it creates a lovely, light scent that lasts and lasts.
Despite the fact that I use so little, it is really moisturizing and it is too bad that a larger container would cost such an exorbitant amount, or else I would use this all over. I love to dab some on before bed, and of course after a shower in the morning before spritzing Eau Premiere over top.

If you love No. 5, this is a must have with your EDT or EDP. One lippie off for the $47.50 price tag.

on 12/8/2008 9:16:00 AM

It's a soft pink colored lotion. It makes my skin feel velvety soft and absorbs easily. It isn't a great moisturizer, but that's okay with me since I wasn't expecting it to be and I usually only layer this with the perfume.

on 9/16/2008 9:47:00 PM

After having recently swapped for (and subsequently swapped away) a decant of the EDT, I found myself at my local Chanel counter, searching (hoping that my search wasn't in vain) for the Chanel No. 5 that I remembered from my childhood, the comforting, elegant and subtle scent that my mom wore, that was deserving of the hype and accolades that Chanel is worthy of.

The EDT was a disappointment, barely resembling what I remembered. It was sharp and musty, cold and unfeeling. So, when I found myself at the row of Chanel testers (oddly enough, predomantly full of lotions rather than the actual 'fumes) I reached for the familiar square No. 5 bottle and with one whiff was mesmerized and simultaneously transported back in time.

This was the creamy, whispery floral, the spicy yet soft, the sensual yet subtle scent that I remembered. To those who can't stand this Chanel, who can't get past the 'old lady' connotation, I implore you to try this lotion.

I will conclude this review with a little anecdote. At my job, I have alot of contact with teenage girls. One day a couple of years ago, I discovered that one of the young ladies was a fellow beauty product junkie. As we shared trade secrets, she told me that she could barely wait until she turned 30, because she could start wearing Chanel No. 5. The next time I see her, I'll be sure to let her know that she can start right away, because with this gem of a lotion, no age requirement can be placed on smelling simply divine.

on 8/22/2007 8:36:00 PM

This pink lotion has a very sheer texture once applied, and heavy with the fragrance of Chanel No. 5. I do get a little spice from this one, maybe cinnamon, on top of the abstract floral musk this perfume is famous for. Very nice!

I do find, though, that using it to moisturize my arms and legs provides plenty of scent and sillage, and does not require layering with any more perfume. A lovely way to make No. 5 very wearable antime, anywhere.

on 11/20/2006 12:53:00 PM

I love the No. 5 Lotion even more than the EDT and parfum which I both own. It is the same, yet different. Notably the lotion lacks the sharp edge that is in the EDT. This was my favorite lotion back in the 70's (when I could afford it) and happily they have not changed the formula. I see that Chanel has come out with an enormous limited edition lotion in heavy glass bottle that is to die for!!! But $90.00? Oh, very tempting...