November 27, 2014 | 1394 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - Aqua Allegoria Grosellina

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Just scored one on ebay. Thanks to prior glowing recommendations from M. Alley-ers, I had a feeling I'd love it. Having a "Where have you been all my life?" moment. YUM! I wear Herba Fresca all year round, like the lighter fragrances. This is a happy smell, and I think I could wear it all year through as well. My husband LOVES it! (Not such a fan of HF, but hey,..... I'll wear that for me, and Grosellina for both of us!) Looking forward to layering it with HF and with Mandarine Basilic (When my new one arrives)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by martine067

Lovely French fruity scent, absolutely fabulous, love the bottle as well... A+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by IrisNobile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love redcurrants, I always have. I really wanted to try Grosellina, to see whether it really smells like real redcurrants. All Allegorias I've tried so far turned out to be great scents, and true to their nature. Grosellina was no exception, it is another simple yet beatiful fragrance.
At first sniff it smelled like... redcurrants. Red, tart, dry redcurrants with just a little bit of sweetness, but not too much. They are the kind my grandmother used to harvest back in Europe, when I was a child. My mom could not believe there is a scent of her favorite fruit... (now I have to get her a large bottle for Christmas:))
As the time goes by, it still smells of redcurrants, with a touch of citrus and I'd definitely say there is a light tea note in it too. The official note list lists white tea, and that sounds just right. It is very fresh, tart and breezy, but it still manages to stay unique. It might be classified as a fruity-floral, but it does not smell like the whole mainstream strawberry-lychee mess. I love this scent, and so does my mom (and there is very FEW fragrances that she likes or at least can stand). I also have to mention that I absolutely LOVE Aqua Allegoria bottles. This is most definitely a keeper and a new favorite!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 2:55:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually wear Cristalle in summer but sometimes it is too light on me for those really heavy days, and that is when I pull out Grosellina. Today was humid and heavy and I could not even smell the Cristalle, so at lunch I whipped out my trusty bottle of this. Red currant in French is groseille, and I do smell a bit of red currant, but what I really smell is green tea, and it is the green tea that cuts through the heat and humidity for me. Very nice fresh smell with a drydown that still stays a bit sharp. If you don't like green tea (and it seems all the perfumes in the Aqua Allegoria line have green tea as part of the middle and top notes, IMHO) you probably won't like this. This is not my HG but I do enjoy wearing it from time to time. The redcurrant helps this fragrance transfer into fall or spring as well, even if the green tea excludes it during the winter.
Edit: it is getting cooler and I am still able to pull this off, for some reason I have been wearing this exclusively the past few weeks. So I must say that it does work in fall better than I previously thought.
I agree with the previous reviewer, the kiwi smells "special."

Update: I have to give this five lippies for staying on ALL DAY without me smelling like a streetwalker. However, I do find that the gilt comes off easily on the plastic top, so if you like "pretty bottles" you need to baby the top. Personally I don't care as long as it smells good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by MarieClaire9

i tryed this because my mat from masaki matsushima was sold out. glad i did. it smells very strong fruity in the beginning, but after a while its a creamy fruity-citrus and powdery (all at the same time) smell. amazing. guerlain did the job. great for spring and summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 4:44:00 AM More reviews by swampbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this is a lovely fragrance!! fresh, fruity, flowery... not something i'd usually go for, but it brings back memories of a recent trip to the Pyrenees, of picnics in beautiful green valleys filled with alpine wildflowers, of fresh air and blue skies... ahhh. a perfect, light summer fragrance! as for the name, redcurrants belong to the botanical family Grossulariaceae, so it doesn't really surprise me that this is called Grosellina.