October 1, 2014 | 1967 users online

Hair Treatments - Alberto Vo5 - Hot Protein - Intensive Cream Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by tt927

I have asian hair and I first got it digitally straightened in dec of 2008. It made all the tips of my hair all dry. I trimmed it bit by bit because i wanted to keep growing my hair. Now, in Jan of this year 2010, I got digital perm. Now the ends are pretty fried/damaged (about 1 to 2 inches).

I tried olive oil with a hot cloth cap with that heated conditioning cap thing. It softened my hair but made it greasy as hell. Hard to rinse out too.

Finally, I saw this product on sale and decided to give it a try. I used it on half of the fair (halfway to tip and not on top of my head). I also used the heated cap for like 5 to 15 minutes. And now my hair is softer and shinier. I will continue to use this after a couple more shampoos to help moisturize my damaged tips.
I think if you used this all over your hair, it could weigh it down. Therefore I recommend just using it on the tips.

This product is not going to give me new shiny hair but it is definitely stopping me from chopping it all off.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Don't waste your money. I used this exactly as directed and it made zero difference to my dry, frizzy hair. If anything, I had more frizz after using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by xcutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This just seems like a mediocre product to me. It smells good, reminding me of Garnier's Long and Strong conditioner. It does make my hair shiny and soft, but it also leaves a residue layer despite my careful rinsing. This product contains 'cones (e.g. dimethicone), and those are known for weighing down hair by coating it in ick.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by flyingpenguin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just a year ago I stopped colouring and perm-straightening my hair and realized I had completely damaged frizzy hair with horrible split ends (despite constant trims) and no hair mask I was trying was helping one bit. But this product went a loooong way in managing it! It moisturized my hair and hydrated it so well, I realized my crappy limp wavy/sorta-straight hair was ACTUALLY BEAUTIFUL CURLY HAIR!!! Seriously, changed the way I see my hair. I had no worries about flat-ironing my hair everyday anymore in order to tame it. I could just put in a curly-hair leave-in styling product, lightly blowdry, and be on my way! I've since forgotten about this treatment since I started using Ojon hair products, but I think I should get back to using it once in awhile to really give it that oomph! You only use it once or twice a week, and the day you do it, make sure it's a special night because your hair will be just deliciously voluminous! (One lippie off for packaging because it's hard to rip open with wet hands.)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by mmakeup22

This is one of the few treatments I have tried so far that has made an IMMEDIATE difference on my hair. You HAVE to heat it though and leave it on as long as possible to get results though.

What I don't like is that the package are hard to tear when you're wet in the shower and that for my long, thick hair I need to use two or 3 packets, and a package only comes with four.

However I really like the results, but because the packets are so small its not as much of a bargain as it appears to be.

Definately leaves my hair soft, shiny and manageable.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2006 8:07:00 PM More reviews by pandiddles

This treatment comes in two varieties: "Rescue Treatment," and "Dry and Damaged." The latter is, obviously, for dry and damaged hair, while the former is for "critically dry and damaged hair." I figure I need all the conditioning I can get, so I buy the rescue treatment. It makes my hair feel very strong and shiny, with great body. After soaking the package in a cup of hot water I work it into all my hair, right up to the roots and let sit for 15 minutes or so. The results are awesome and it doesn't weigh down the hair. Very glossy and sexy. And cheap.