September 2, 2014 | 1809 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Coral Co-ordinate

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by CallistoLuna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this color so it's a pity that it was a LE lipstick, but then again a lot of MAC products are LE and they occasionally get repromoted so all is not lost. This was one of the very first lipsticks that I bought from MAC and probably sparked my love for these lippies and my quest for the perfect coral lipstick but I digress...
This color is described as a dirty apricot and it has the finish of a MAC frost lipstick. This color will compliment almost every skin color, but probably with the exception of those girls with a lot of yellow in their skin tone.
The color suits my very pale skin (NC/NW 15/20) and my henna red hair and blue-green eyes. It really gives my complexion and eyes a boost. I love the staying power (in my experience, the frosts have similar tenacity as the satins in the MAC lippies) and even when it fades (after a few hours of wear) the color is still lovely.
My only gripe with this lipstick is the size of the glitter particles: they are HUGE chuncks that make the lips feel like sandpaper. In fact, when applying this lipstick, it kind of feels like a lip exfoliator! Getting over this hurdle, if you can bring yourself to overlook this one issue, this lipstick is wonderful.
Maybe if MAC does repromote this lipstick, they can refine the glitter chunks to a finer pearl, like in their recently launched LE Port Red (also a frost lipstick) from the Naughty Naughticals collection? Suggestions aside, this is a beautiful color and one of my favorites that I keep coming back to, although it's running a little low now!
I would repurchase this color if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2007 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Besitos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this color! As another MUAer commented, my husband loved it too! Initially I felt it was a little too frosty but after wearing it throughout the day I like it! Too bad it's part of a LE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2006 4:36:00 PM More reviews by MerelyGod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore the color of this lipstick. It would get a 5 if not for the chunks of silver glitter (think Cockatease, another color I love but for glitter). It's also absolutely perfect with my new favorite blush, Peachtwist. They seriously look like they were made to go together. I'm not sure if this one is available still or if it was LE, but definitely check it out if you can.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2006 4:33:00 PM More reviews by baragon11

LOVE> This is a beautiful warm peachy color on me - just enough frost. I'm NC/NW20. I'm so sad this was LE, BUT I stocked up.... The MAC MA tried to convince me coppertime was the same color, but it's not, coppertime is MUCH lighter and frostier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 11:59:00 AM More reviews by styrch

Coral Co-ordinate is a limited edition Frost lipstick. You can buy it by itself or as part of the "Classic Coordinates" set with Abstract Nail polish. The color on the site is described as a dirty coral/apricot with frost. That's pretty accurate. It sounds dull but make no mistake: this is a color not to miss. It's not too orange (as I worry about most corals) and it isn't too pink. I wouldn't call it neutral but it's like neutral. It's sort of what I was hoping I would get with Viva Glam V. It's a pink/peachy with a punch of frost and instantly warms up my face. My husband even said he thought it was a great color (and he never comments on stuff like this). I was hoping to find a color that was similar to "gleam" (the eyeshadow) and this is lighter but has the same impact. It will definately be something I keep around. I'm glad I bought two.

For those of you familiar with Abstract nail polish, it's similar in color but it doesn't quite match it even though they are sold together. I find Abstract is a slight bit more pink (or it was when I first applied it - it's sort of change colors to be more coral than I orginally thought).

For reference, I have blonde hair, blue-green eyes and am an NC100 in the hyper real foundation.