September 20, 2014 | 1871 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Rapid Clear Pads

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few decent BHA products that one can find in drugstores in the U.S. I initially picked it up because I couldn't handle the menthol in the Stridex pads.

So this product, when you open it and smell it...someone described it as a Screwdriver (drink), and that's incredibly accurate. It smells like oranges and vodka. The smell of the alcohol is so intense it's actually kind of scary.

As far as the product's performance, it performed pretty well...it helped to clear my pores (especially minimizing the appearance of my sebaceous filaments on my nose!) and got rid of the blackheads I had. Unfortunately, even waiting days between uses, the product eventually just dried my skin too much to continue using it. I'm 100% convinced that it's the alcohol in the product. Overall, I wouldn't be comfortable using a product with that much alcohol in it for the long term anyways, but I had to give it a shot.

(I do still use this product, just not on my face...I use it on my body to prevent ingrown hairs from shaving, waxing, or epilating and it works GREAT for that!)

If you are going to use this product, I would not recommend using it every night, and make sure to use it with a good moisturizer to counteract the drying effects of the alcohol.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by mdriggers09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've battled with acne across my upper back/neck area for awhile and this is the only product that prevents breakouts and clears up the occasional spot quickly. Doesn't dry me out, I use it every night before bed...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

I love this product. I have been using this once or twice a week to slough off dead skin and help any acne that may have popped up. This is only for winter though, in the summer I do use it every morning. This can be very drying so ease into using them.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by runningwithbrushes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I used this product a few years ago and because of overuse it seriously dried out and damaged my skin. However a few weeks ago it was on sale at cvs (2 for 1) and I was out of my normal salicylic acid product. I picked these up with some apprehension. Although they are at the right pH, I was wary that they might dry my skin out again. To prevent that from happening, I decided to test them before washing my skin so that I could wash the product off if need be. I'm in love. For winter time, this is a perfect product. I swipe my face with a pad five to ten minutes before I intend to wash my face. My skin looks smooth and bright and unlike my leave on cream salicylic acid, my skin is not dry! I have extremely sensitive skin, because I have to use three potent medications on it; SA, benzoyl peroxide during the day and tazorac at bedtime. Winters are a hassle because of how dry my skin feels. If this product dries your skin out, try using it like this instead. My mom, who has hardier skin than me, has been using these as a leave on product for ten years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 5
Price: 2 ($13/60 pads CAD)
Packaging: 3
Buy again: yes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so surprised that I liked these! For reference I am in my mid-late 20s, I still get pretty bad cystic acne when I'm stressed/that time of the month. I have combo/oily skin that is sensitive. To be honest, I was not expecting these to do anything. I tried these pad-type acne products a decade ago when I was in my teens with acne, and I remember them doing pretty much nothing (Clearasil).

I bought these in desperation when I found my skin was breaking out continuously after I tried LUSH skincare for a month. I stopped using the LUSH products, but I was still experiencing breakouts for a good 2 months after. Benzoyl Peroxide usually works for me, but I've been finding lately that it isn't doing much for me. I work as an ER Nurse so I work in a stressful environment and I do night shifts, so my body is almost always in stress mode. I was originally considering buying Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Correction pads or First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads, but my local Sephora did not have them in stock, so I bought these instead at Shoppers Drugmart for $13 after reading some pretty good reviews.

Packaging:
These pads come in an opaque white plastic jar. Nothing fancy, you open it, you pick up a pad and then close the jar. The pads are thin but not too thin, so I don't find it too hard to pick up a pad. I don't mind putting my fingers in the jar - my hands are clean anyway. I also appreciate that the pads are pre-soaked (and generously so!) with solution, so I don't have to physically add product to a cotton pad. One less thing for me to worry about.

Texture:
The pads have a soft textured surface on one side of the pad, and then the other side is just flat. They textured side is not scratchy so it doesn't feel rough, but I know I'm getting gentle exfoliation and deep cleansing because I see some makeup/debris being taken off my face onto the pad, so I know it's doing something!

Performance:
I noticed that the pads have a pleasant smell - not just straight up alcohol. These pads contain 2% salicylic acid and lactic acid, but they do not burn or sting like other conventional acne products. They do not dry my skin out either. They do tend to leave a bit of a sheen on my skin, but that's ok because I use these at night. The biggest and probably most important aspect; THESE WORK. My skin has calmed right down without any adverse effects. I have not used Benzoyl Peroxide for the last 4 days (when I started using these pads) but I have not had any new breakouts. I started out with 1 cystic acne on my chin and a couple of smaller ones on my upper lip and forehead, and 4 days later, they are gone. The pads are helping to fade the post-hyperpigmentation spots left over from acne as well, so I am really happy with these acne pads! I even find the claim of "improves skin within 8 hours" to be true - these calmed my skin right down from the very beginning.

I used these morning and night for the first 2 days, but after that I used them only at night. I absolutely love these and think they are a great product for a great price. My skin texture looks better (smaller, cleaner pores), my skin feels softer and my acne is getting under control! If you think you've tried everything, come and try these and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Active Ingredients:
Salicylic Acid 2%

Inactive Ingredients:
Water, Ethanol 35%, Butylene Glycol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PEG/PPG 20/6 Dimethicone, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Karenfreakout1

Best thing to use for acne!!! My skin is very sensitive,and i'm in my 20s! I've never had break out before,and suddenly my face broke out badly! So after a while of research,i bought this! It worked!!!! After around a week i can see the different,and it's 2 weeks and it's continuing to clear out my skin! Love love this product so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by romster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this along with the rapid clear foaming scrub. I think that when used together they make a great pair for getting rid of acne, at least for me. The treatment pads really does what it says it claims to. It reduces my breakouts and stops emerging ones. I'm really satisfied with this product and I will definitely re-purchase it again in the future. And last thing, I think it's better to cut the pads in half or even smaller to save more money and it's just really unnecessary to use the whole pad once and then just throw it out. There's a lot of alcohol juice in one pad. So it just makes sense to do so if you want to save time and money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love these! I am 42 and never had acne until now! I have tried many different things and I find I like Neutrogena the best! I use these pads after cleansing my face and they remove the last traces of my makeup that the cleanser leaves behind. I was shocked to see the first time I used these, the traces of makeup the cleanser didn't remove...maybe the reason for some of my breakouts?! I will be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Bex37x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been to dermatologists and have been prescribed treatment pads for my acne, (mostly on my chin and side of my face:blame it on the cell phone) and this has done a hell of a job. I have seen better results from this than from any other pads. I say, "FU(K YEAH I WOULD BUY THIS AGAIN!" Keep in mind that I am a pessimist and usually am very tough on products that "claim" to reduce acne. Product recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by littlestnarwhal

This product absolutely saved my skin. When from clear skin to hormonal acne all over, went to derm, got all sorts of prescriptions that only made things worse- threw them all away and gave this a try on a whim. So GLAD I did. You would never know 6 months ago I had over 100 active acne lesions on my face. LOVE