Neutrogena Rapid Clear Pads

3.9

Active Ingredients Salicylic Acid - 2 %Acne Treatment Inactive Ingredients Water , Alcohol Denat. (38%) , Butylene Glycol , PPG-5-Ceteth-20 , C12-15 Alkyl Lactate , Cetyl Lactate , Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate , PEG , PPG-20 , 6 Dimethicone , Benzalkonium Chloride , Sodium Citrate , Disodium EDTA , Sodium Hydroxide , Fragrance (01/03/12)

on 4/5/2015 1:19:00 AM

First of all, I wouldn't repurchase and I have finished one whole bottle of this. These pads would be great if they didn't have so much alcohol. It has so much that it stings my eyes. These pads are also large, so they can be cut in half to last longer. However, cutting them in half makes them almost too small and whole size is definitely too much. I wish them came in a medium size.

Pros: Did not dry my skin out. Noticeable difference in number of breakouts. Dries quickly.

Cons: Smell bothered my eyes, alcohol bothered my eyes. Didn't make a difference for blackheads/pores, and for breakouts that were already out. Packaging leaks fluid when traveling.

on 2/8/2015 6:58:00 PM

My acne has been pretty constant, never looking very clear and some weeks being way worse than others. I had used these pads in the past and loved the tingling feeling on my skin that felt cleansing and refreshing. I decided to repurchase them to see if they would keep my infinite blackheads under control and help clear some of my most stubborn spots.
I have seen some improvement in the clarity of my skin over the past couple of weeks. I will use this pads after washing and gently exfoliating my face, then apply a Cetaphil lotion approximately 5 minutes afterwards to avoid drying out my skin. I do this morning and night, so the container lasts about a month. The improvement in my skin has not been big enough for me to go shout to the world to buy the product, but I have noticed that my skin is less oily throughout the day. This is the only change to my skin care in the past three weeks and I have developed three cystic type spots, but two are near the bridge of my nose (the worst kind!) and I have been wearing my glasses more often so I am blaming that.
Recommend for light acne/blackheads as an addition to your skin care regimen. May help manage oily skin, but use in conjunction with a quality moisturizer. My skin is not too sensitive so I only experience a tingling, no burn. Do not apply to any open cuts/sores or you will experience severe burning pain.

on 8/6/2014 11:38:00 PM

This is one of the few decent BHA products that one can find in drugstores in the U.S. I initially picked it up because I couldn't handle the menthol in the Stridex pads.

So this product, when you open it and smell it...someone described it as a Screwdriver (drink), and that's incredibly accurate. It smells like oranges and vodka. The smell of the alcohol is so intense it's actually kind of scary.

As far as the product's performance, it performed pretty well...it helped to clear my pores (especially minimizing the appearance of my sebaceous filaments on my nose!) and got rid of the blackheads I had. Unfortunately, even waiting days between uses, the product eventually just dried my skin too much to continue using it. I'm 100% convinced that it's the alcohol in the product. Overall, I wouldn't be comfortable using a product with that much alcohol in it for the long term anyways, but I had to give it a shot.

(I do still use this product, just not on my face...I use it on my body to prevent ingrown hairs from shaving, waxing, or epilating and it works GREAT for that!)

If you are going to use this product, I would not recommend using it every night, and make sure to use it with a good moisturizer to counteract the drying effects of the alcohol.

on 4/7/2014 1:13:00 PM

I've battled with acne across my upper back/neck area for awhile and this is the only product that prevents breakouts and clears up the occasional spot quickly. Doesn't dry me out, I use it every night before bed...

I love this product. I have been using this once or twice a week to slough off dead skin and help any acne that may have popped up. This is only for winter though, in the summer I do use it every morning. This can be very drying so ease into using them.

on 10/10/2013 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 5
Price: 2 ($13/60 pads CAD)
Packaging: 3
Buy again: yes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so surprised that I liked these! For reference I am in my mid-late 20s, I still get pretty bad cystic acne when I'm stressed/that time of the month. I have combo/oily skin that is sensitive. To be honest, I was not expecting these to do anything. I tried these pad-type acne products a decade ago when I was in my teens with acne, and I remember them doing pretty much nothing (Clearasil).

I bought these in desperation when I found my skin was breaking out continuously after I tried LUSH skincare for a month. I stopped using the LUSH products, but I was still experiencing breakouts for a good 2 months after. Benzoyl Peroxide usually works for me, but I've been finding lately that it isn't doing much for me. I work as an ER Nurse so I work in a stressful environment and I do night shifts, so my body is almost always in stress mode. I was originally considering buying Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Correction pads or First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads, but my local Sephora did not have them in stock, so I bought these instead at Shoppers Drugmart for $13 after reading some pretty good reviews.

Packaging:
These pads come in an opaque white plastic jar. Nothing fancy, you open it, you pick up a pad and then close the jar. The pads are thin but not too thin, so I don't find it too hard to pick up a pad. I don't mind putting my fingers in the jar - my hands are clean anyway. I also appreciate that the pads are pre-soaked (and generously so!) with solution, so I don't have to physically add product to a cotton pad. One less thing for me to worry about.

Texture:
The pads have a soft textured surface on one side of the pad, and then the other side is just flat. They textured side is not scratchy so it doesn't feel rough, but I know I'm getting gentle exfoliation and deep cleansing because I see some makeup/debris being taken off my face onto the pad, so I know it's doing something!

Performance:
I noticed that the pads have a pleasant smell - not just straight up alcohol. These pads contain 2% salicylic acid and lactic acid, but they do not burn or sting like other conventional acne products. They do not dry my skin out either. They do tend to leave a bit of a sheen on my skin, but that's ok because I use these at night. The biggest and probably most important aspect; THESE WORK. My skin has calmed right down without any adverse effects. I have not used Benzoyl Peroxide for the last 4 days (when I started using these pads) but I have not had any new breakouts. I started out with 1 cystic acne on my chin and a couple of smaller ones on my upper lip and forehead, and 4 days later, they are gone. The pads are helping to fade the post-hyperpigmentation spots left over from acne as well, so I am really happy with these acne pads! I even find the claim of "improves skin within 8 hours" to be true - these calmed my skin right down from the very beginning.

I used these morning and night for the first 2 days, but after that I used them only at night. I absolutely love these and think they are a great product for a great price. My skin texture looks better (smaller, cleaner pores), my skin feels softer and my acne is getting under control! If you think you've tried everything, come and try these and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Active Ingredients:
Salicylic Acid 2%

Inactive Ingredients:
Water, Ethanol 35%, Butylene Glycol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PEG/PPG 20/6 Dimethicone, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance

Best thing to use for acne!!! My skin is very sensitive,and i'm in my 20s! I've never had break out before,and suddenly my face broke out badly! So after a while of research,i bought this! It worked!!!! After around a week i can see the different,and it's 2 weeks and it's continuing to clear out my skin! Love love this product so much!

on 4/16/2013 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use this along with the rapid clear foaming scrub. I think that when used together they make a great pair for getting rid of acne, at least for me. The treatment pads really does what it says it claims to. It reduces my breakouts and stops emerging ones. I'm really satisfied with this product and I will definitely re-purchase it again in the future. And last thing, I think it's better to cut the pads in half or even smaller to save more money and it's just really unnecessary to use the whole pad once and then just throw it out. There's a lot of alcohol juice in one pad. So it just makes sense to do so if you want to save time and money.

on 4/2/2013 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love these! I am 42 and never had acne until now! I have tried many different things and I find I like Neutrogena the best! I use these pads after cleansing my face and they remove the last traces of my makeup that the cleanser leaves behind. I was shocked to see the first time I used these, the traces of makeup the cleanser didn't remove...maybe the reason for some of my breakouts?! I will be buying again.

on 10/9/2012 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have been to dermatologists and have been prescribed treatment pads for my acne, (mostly on my chin and side of my face:blame it on the cell phone) and this has done a hell of a job. I have seen better results from this than from any other pads. I say, "FU(K YEAH I WOULD BUY THIS AGAIN!" Keep in mind that I am a pessimist and usually am very tough on products that "claim" to reduce acne. Product recommended.

Popular Treatments (Face)