October 31, 2014 | 1577 users online

Blush - MAC - Tokoyo Rose Cheek Jelly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2004 12:22:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

I really love this! I'm not sure whether they make this anymore (I hope the still do!) but I just want to say how fab this is. This come in a mini jar container (same ones as their pigments) and feels like jelly. The color is a bright berry, but is sheer and buildable. This lasts all day long!! I have never used it on my lips so I can't say if it makes a good lip stain. I prefer this over Tarte's gel blushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2004 3:22:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

I actually like this color, even though I wear mostly peach blushes. This is a stain that can only be used on the cheeks that is in gel form. Unlike most stains where you don't have enough time to blend, this allows you to blend perfectly into the skin- creating a natural flush. Also, this feels cool (slightly minty) on. A unique and great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2003 12:24:00 PM More reviews by bedouinjen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

somehow the MAC guy got it to look really cool on---but it was downhill from there...everything terrible abt. it--especially the packaging and formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2003 10:47:00 AM More reviews by AvaDollz

This product was very difficult to work with and dried out very quickly. I wouldn't recommend this at all and was thoroughly disappointed. You are better off with a cheek stain rather than this jelly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2003 2:29:00 AM More reviews by YolandaMC

Why, MAC, why? This is the worst gel blush I have ever used. It's difficult to apply & it cakes up throughout the day. The lasting powder is next to nothing. The concept of sheer, gel blush is great in theory, but the product is mediocre.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2003 7:08:00 PM More reviews by aliciaxuan

At first I use my finger to apply this cheek jelly. I find that it is very tedious. Recently I use sponge to put this on, not bad but it didn't bring out the glowing cheek on me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2002 4:22:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

The gel texture dries very quickly, and leaves a sheer wash of colour on cheeks. However, it doesn't blend well with foundation, and also leaves an unpleasant, uncomfortable tightness to the skin. The packaging is also problematic- I found my product dried up substantially within a few weeks. Generally unimpressed- there are better gel blush formulas, like Vincent Longo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2003 10:43:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Interesting product. Odd jelly texture, hard to blend and undesirable packaging. It'd be more useful in a squeeze tube. I bought it because I saw it in an ad of Aisha Tyler and she said it left a sunny glow...hummmm, she's not an NC20 so maybe it looked better on her than me! Anyway, I'm still glad I got it because they don't make it anymore. It works but not a staple for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2002 More reviews by das_madchen

I got this product on ebay for $12 AUD or less than $6 US, so I was happy with the price. Initially I found it a little difficult to apply- especially over foundation- I ended up just rubbing my mu off my face- like eraser shards. However, I've managed to get the patting/smearing motion right so that the jelly just sinks into my foundation/bare moisturised cheeks- and i really rosy love the glow that i get! I had a makeover at the stila counter the other day, and even the ma complimented me on the glow! love it love it love it- it's really worth trying to get the knack for using it. However I hate the pot packaging- dipping in, the stuff gets stuck in my nails- so icky! 5 for the look, -1 for annoying packaging- how about a clear tube instead?!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2002 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had to return this as I felt it was an inferior product. First off, it smelled like Crayola Crayons. Secondly, it stained my fingers within 5 seconds and yet I had a hard time getting it to show up on my face. There are MUCH better gel blushes on the market. Do yourself a favor and pick up a Delux Flush stick or a Tarte Gel Blush before considering the Tokyo Rose.