April 17, 2014 | 1067 users online

Cleansers - La Vitton - Olive Forte - Water Soluble Facial Cleansing Oil

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 11:02:00 AM More reviews by yoshipeach

All of La Vitton and Laventine's products break me out. Plus, what's up w/ this company making up fake accounts to highly rate their products???

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2007 6:58:00 PM More reviews by handcranked

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first got this product (in a kit), it wasn't really working for me. My skin kept breaking out even after the normal purge period. So, I contacted customer service. They told me to try using witch hazel after the cleanser and to stop using the face oil on parts that were breaking out. I did this and stopped using the face oil altogether and things started to improve. I started using my Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash instead of the oil cleanser every other morning or so. Then, I added a drop of tea tree oil to the face oil and started using that every night--even in the breakout prone areas.

My skin is much better now. Really soft and I've had no major breakouts since then and just a few tiny zits pop up. My forehead is a little bit bumpy, but it seems to be improving. I'm hoping this will keep working. I've tried all kinds of cleansers from Cetaphil to Skinceuticals and nothing has really worked for me.

I think when I'm done with the Microdelivery wash I've got, I'm going to try turning the Olive Forte into a scrub with some sugar and/or salt and see what happens.

I also might like to try the oily/combo set, but if this keeps working I probably won't....

One word of warning--this stuff seriously stings and dries out my eyes so I tend not to use it to take my eye makeup off. If you're really careful not to get it in your eyes, I guess it would be okay.

UPDATE: I stopped using this line to try other things. I continued to have some breakout issues. I never tried the oily skin version though. I might try that if what I'm using now doesn't continue to work well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2007 10:10:00 AM More reviews by ada_scd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best sunblock remover for me ever. I have sensitive skin so I only use natual sunblocks (zinc oxide, etc) and regular cleansers won't do the job. But this cleansing oil works wonders on mineral sunblock and makeup (I use bareMineral in summer), and I guess its becuase all minerals mix with skin natural oil and this cleansing oil is great for dissolving oils. Anyway, the cleanser rinses cleans and the texture is light. I read some of the negative reviews here and I suspect they might be using the different or older version of the cleansing oil, as my bottle label is Laventine, not La Vitton (they changed the name long ago). Two things for sure, the real Laventine cleansing oil is light in texture and completely water soluble. I'll buy again for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by happy2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because of the high ratings here on MUA and because I was looking for a (slightly) cheaper alternative to my DHC deep cleansing oil. I wish I hadn't strayed. I supose that this DOES work, it does take of my sunscreen and makeup, but man, this stuff is a PITA to get off of my skin. The oily residue this leaves is hard to cut through, even if I use a foaming cleanser afterwards. I know for sure I won't buy this again. I am actually fighting the urge to just trash it because I don't enjoy using it at all (but feel like I shouldn't waste product and $$). 10/07 finally finished this and am going back to DHC!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2007 7:24:00 PM More reviews by seasplash

I just finished my first bottle of this cleansing oil (which lasted me about 6 months btw) and I'm about to order another. I wear sunscreen everyday usually followed by long-wearing concealor or foundation so I need a heavy-duty cleanser that is able to remove all this at the end of the day without irritation. This does it. I apply about 2 pumps to my dry face and massage it in for about 10 seconds. I then splash with warm water. Now that it is summer, my skin is oilier and I wear more sunscreen, I follow up with a gentle foaming cleanser (olay sensitive for instance) to ensure that everything is off, but I'd skip that second step in the winter sometimes and just apply toner to get rid of any leftover residue. Anyway, I'm very please with this product and I highly recommend it. One minor gripe is that I wish it had better packaging for travel. The pump does close but it can just as easily re-open on it's own and oil is the last thing you want all over your suitcase or cosmetic bag!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by eyeThink

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Laventine has a great return policy and was very efficient in providing my refund. This came in handy since the Olive Forte cleansing oil left a bit of a residue, clogged my pores, and had to be returned.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by milktoast24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll cut to the chase: DHC is better. I bought a set of la vitton products based solely on some glowing reviews here and was sadly disappointed. Organic is great, but the products have to deliver. This cleansing oil smells better than DHC, but failed to remove mascara and other heavy duty makeup with one dose. Instead it took me 2-3 tries whereas with DHC it instantly breaks down my makeup into dirty brown rivulets on one try. lesson: Stick with what works best.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by rudi

This cleanser is very effective in cutting through oil, sunscreen, makeup, etc. In fact, it almost works too well. I used this morning and night and have found that cleansing w/this twice a day is very dehydrating, leaving my complexion parched. It does, however, eliminate breakouts, which would be great if not for the drying effect. I probably will continue to use this oil only to remove my most stubborn of sunscreens but will look for a gentler cleansing oil elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 10:24:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really high quality facial cleansing oil. As reported on their site, there aren't any weird chemicals in the oil. Very nice emulsion when you finally add water and rinses off well. It leaves my skin very soft and moisturized, not stripped or dry at all. Takes off my make-up like a dream, even my eye make-up! I believe the price has really jumped since I last bought it (about a year ago), but I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 4:16:00 AM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm too lazy to make my own cleansing oil so I get mine from Laventine (formerly known as La Vitton). I like that it's organic, although if it weren't, I wouldn't really care. There's also no additional oils (only FOUR ingredients!) in this besides vitamin E so you know you're not washing your face with a bunch of chemicals and unnecessary fillers. It takes off all of my makeup and SPF moisturizer without drying my face and it actually rinses off my face, leaving it squeaky clean (unlike Origins Clean Energy cleansing oil). There's a really subtle olive oil scent, but it's not overpowering or intrusive. Be careful about getting this in your eyes, it'll really burn. I'm on my third bottle since discovering this stuff in September 2006.