Clean & Clear Oil-Free Oxygenating Ultra-Light Moisturizer

2.8

on 11/10/2010 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is by far the worst moisturizer I've ever used. The smell was ok but it was so strong and because it never went away I started hating it. Then it broke me out so I stopped using it and waited a week and started again just to make sure that's what was causing my pimples and it broke me out again. Since I don't like waste I started using it as a hand moisturizer, but I still couldn't stomach the smell anymore. This is the only face product I've ever had smell issues with because it just never goes away or diminishes at all. I usually like clean & clear, but was definitely disappointed with this one. I do like their Morning Glow moisturizer

PROS: Works okay for my teen's oily skin. In a pump.

CONS: Not the cheapest, I guess.

ALTERNATES: Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. When my combo skin is more oily, I do well with Garnier's Moisture Rescue Gel-Cream. Now my teen has fallen in love with Paula's Choice "CLEAR" line for cleansing/toning and then uses Paula's Choice Hydralight lotion.

on 1/10/2010 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Honestly I love the bottle and the pump...the product? Not so much. It was ok the first couple weeks, but it started making my face oily and red. Good thing it was only 2.75 CAD.

on 11/12/2009 1:21:00 PM

First of all, the SPF 15 comes with this bottle totally failed as a good UVA protection agent. If I applied this in the morning, I will have a very oily coat on my cheek by mid-afternoon. It just looks like my pore is spitting out oil that it gets from this moisturizers. I know this is oil-free, but that's what I have experienced. No exception; everytime I used it, that happened. Will definitely not repurchase.

on 9/23/2009 9:14:00 PM

The one thing I will say about this moisturizer, it that once the TERRIBLE burning and redness went away, my skin was pretty soft. I felt like it was trying to burn the layer of skin off of my face. I will never buy this again.

on 8/18/2009 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

man im surprised dat so many ppl hated dis product as it workd alrite 4 me. i was in need of a moisturizer wif sum sunscreen in it n i found dis at my local warehouse(equavelent of kmart, altho we hav both ova here lol) 4 bout 3nzd a bottle so i thot score! i actually realli lyk dis product as it gives a realli nice coolin sensation upon application(ps jst so u no im a menthol/mint nut i lyk mint/menthol in everythin lyk my lipbalm my face mask i even put peppermint oil in 2 my lip glosses jst so dat dey r minty). i duno bout da oil free claim as dis product does make me pretty shiny, hweva dis is solved thru blottin bout 5mins afta application/rite b4 i apply make up n it stays nicely matt-ish 4 da rest of da day. overall, da price of dis thin is unbelievable n yes i hav stokd up haha n i lyk da coolin sensation it gives....jst a question, any1 knows exactly wat spf it gives?

on 4/27/2009 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this moisturizer on clearance for .50 so I thought that if it didn't work out for me, it wouldn't be much of a loss. It stung on my face whenever I used it so I stopped and switched to something else. I found that the moisturizer I'd switched to was making my face super oily (I have combo skin that can be dry sometimes but is usually not oily). I decided to give my old moisturizer a try and it no longer stung my face. I found out why it no longer stung; I stopped using harsh chemicals on my face during the time I switched moisturizers. No more BP or saliclyic acid on my face. So if you are using those things, then yeah it's going to sting. If you aren't then this moisturizer should be fine on your skin. It didn't make my combo skin oily like the last moisturizer did, and it also didn't break me out like the last one did. I have very acne prone skin too so that made me happy.

It does have SPF 15 in it but it doesn't have that sunscreen smell to me that most moisturizers with SPF have. It can make my face feel tight when I use it but if I put more on it's usually fine. It just depends on how my skin is that day. If you have super dry skin, I recommend something thicker or creamier than this, as it doesn't seem to moisturizer quite as much. It should be fine on combo and maybe oily skin though. If you have sensitive skin you should probably avoid. I'm able to use it under my eyes though and it's fine (I used to have very sensitive skin but it seems like it might have changed).

I like the package it's in. It comes in a pump bottle that twists to lock so it's great for traveling and also more sanitary.

I'm on the hunt for a better moisturizer for my skin, but if I am not successful, I will return to this product for now because at least I know it won't break me out and it isn't expensive at all.

Ingredients:
Blue 1, Copper Gluconate, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Magnesium Aspartate, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Menthyl Lactate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Polyacrylate, Water, Zinc Gluconate

on 3/29/2009 6:52:00 AM

Pros- They have written a great report for the packet... That is the only pro
Cons- Too glowy for me, worsens my only "sometimes oily skin", As soon as I used it, I could actually feel the pimples forming AND the pump bottle come BROKEN.
Don't buy. What a waste. If you want to buy it just for the sake of throwing it out, go for it.

on 12/4/2008 10:38:00 AM

My skin was sensitive and this was the only product that didn't burn my skin. It did make my skin look oily though. A little bit went a long way for me.

on 8/26/2008 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE Clean&Clear,
litterally saved my skin! So
i'm sad to say that this moisturizer is really bad.
Besides the fresh aloe smell and the SPF, it's horrible.
It didn't burn my skin like the others, and didn't turn my skin red,
but i found that my oily T-zone was even oilier after being applied! And i do have pretty clear skin, aside from some white heads, and this moisturizer broke me out so badly. I really don't recommend this.