MAC Sheertone Shimmer - Springsheen

4.5

on 4/12/2015 5:14:00 PM

Springsheen is a gorgeous colour, especially for those who are medium/warmer toned. It looks quite orange which can be quite off putting, but I feel that these orange tones are made for warmer/medium toned girls. This gives me that perfect spring/summery glow and really warms my face up, making me look healthy and glowy and summery. Its a sheertone shimmer which means you really can't go overboard with it. This also means it is perfect for beginners as they blend like a dream. The golden shimmer is very subtle - nothing too glittery or chunky, just golden glowy (if that makes sense). I hate shimmer blushes as they accentuate any bumpyness or pores but this blush surprisingly doesn't do any of that nasty business. If you are after that natural, healthy, summer glow I would definitely recommend this for you. This is also great used with a fan brush as a subtle golden highlight during the winter months also. I find this to be quite stark when used during the winter months as I am lighter. This is definitely my summer blush staple.

on 3/29/2015 6:33:00 PM

My favorite blush. It goes well with every skin color. You can use it in special days or everyday.

on 3/9/2015 11:55:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I LOVE this blush! It's the most beautiful pinky coral with gold shimmer and it totally flatters my asian light-medium skin tone. It goes on very smooth and I don't think you can overdue it with this blush. I love how the Mac packaging is great, the color is beautify, the texture is silky, and overall just a great blush. Would highly recommend!

on 11/23/2014 12:14:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This blush is simply amazing.
Springsheen is a warm toned blush with a golden shimmer. Don't let the thought of a shimmery blush put you off from considering this product, as the shimmer is very subtle. It is a great dupe for Nars 'Orgasm' (which I actually came across this blush while searching for a cheaper alternative to the Nars product).
Since I have discovered Springsheen, I wear it every day. It is a buildable product, meaning it is easy to get your desired amount of pigmentation. It really adds a natural warmth to the face that isn't over bearing. I have very pale skin- I swipe a little across my face in the morning and the warm glowy color lasts all day. This color is also appropriate for any season since it complements skin so well.
*Also important, I have very sensitive skin... ridiculously sensitive. This blush has not irritated my skin at all even after weeks of use.*
The only con is that this blush is expensive, but worth every penny (I found mine on sale). I rarely spend much money on my makeup products, but I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.
It is highly pigmented; meaning you don't have to use a lot of product to get decent color, which helps with the longevity of your investment. As mentioned before, I have been using mine for weeks and it looks like I have barely used any of the blush at all.
Overall, a great value for the money. Worth a try!

on 7/17/2014 5:21:00 PM

I love the shade and hint if shimmer of this blusher. I don't wear it with cool eye colours because it's very warm hued. But with natural or beige / brown eyes it's fab.

on 4/15/2014 2:01:00 PM

Beautiful coral shade. Highly pigmented. Easy to apply and blend. I am nc20 and apply with a light hand. Very versatile and looks nice with a variety of MU looks day or night. My go to blush for spring and summer. I am not usually one for shimmer blushes as they usually accentuate my pores but I find this extremely wearable and not overly shimmery.

on 12/25/2013 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love this blush! The formula is good, highly pigmented, long lasting and the colour is beautiful. Its similar to nars orgasm, being a peach colour with a gold shimmer. Its a nice colour for night and day. I use the real techniques blush brush with it and it distributes the colour nicely. I have also used the mac 123 but that brush distributes the colour a bit too heavy for my liking. It works well when using a bronzer and highlighter for contouring

on 12/8/2013 6:47:00 PM

I said I would repurchase, meaning I would love to, but not sure if I can afford it lol!
I got this as a present along with a few other mac goodies from mom and have used it literally every time I went out ever since. Im an nc37 for reference, and it looks beeeeautiful on me. It does come on a little dark and is really shimmery, but it's such fine shimmer that it just looks like a subtle sheen. That shine also sort of cancels out the peach in case you put on too much.
It looks like a complete spring summer colour, but for me this is a perfect winter blush. Here is why-during winter my skin gets so dry that i never ever set foundation with powder...and it just stays dry. matte blushes make my face look like death. the shimmer in this thing really brightens everything up. Its so good that i go with just this..no eye makeup, no lipstick, no gloss..just this.

This was what the makeup artist used on me at my sister's wedding. It photographs beautifully despite the shimmer. If the cost is not an issue, definitely try it out. (if you ave very light skin, this might be difficult to apply since you need to go super sheer)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a lovely colour! Its great for an everyday blush because its a natural pink/peach. Its buildable, but I don't need much (just as a reference I'm NC20/Laura Mercier Real Sand). It has a light golden shimmer which is really pretty. I've used this regularly for months now and it still looks new. It'll last a long time, but I'd repurchase when it finally finishes.

on 12/3/2013 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I absolutly love this blush. I use it just after i applied my powder, and it stays on all day. it's a peachy/coral/ color and look beautiful on my NW20 skin, but if you are much darker, i don't think it will show up on your skin. But to me this is perfect. Only downside is that it's really expensive, here in Denmark it's 38 dollars (195 kr) but it's totally worth it

Popular Blush Products