July 30, 2014 | 2039 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay in Place Lip Duo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

I have in #13 Royal Ruby (I'm NC 15-20; Fairly Light in EM; lightest or 2nd lightest in most ds foundations.)

I only use long-wearing make up. My HG for lips are Maybelline 24 hour SuperStay lip duo and CG Outlast. This is a little bit better quality in the creaminess/thickness of the color, but other than that, I much prefer my cheaper HGs due to the major price difference since the performance and wear are the same for me.

I get all day color w/ no color transfer onto my coffee cup or eating utensils. I do need to re-apply the topcoat throughout the day = this runs out much sooner than the color. Sometimes, I will put on the product in the a.m., leave it at home and just use my CG outlast clear topcoat to re-apply during the day.

Easily removed w/ my oil cleansers or my Sonia Kashuk's Remove.

Bottom line - great performance, but for the price, I'll stay w/ my Maybelline or CG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Will last though a meal, etc. It has lasted a long time in the tube, as well. (Bought this for a special occasion forever ago, and I could still wear it today.)

CONS: When this wears off, you do get the innermost portion of the lips wearing off first, but that's going to happen with most longwears. Quite drying to the lips.

ALTERNATES: They have an actual lipstick that lasts almost as long called "Double Wear" that is not near as drying, or you can try Laura Mercier's stains. DS dupe I would choose would be Revlon's Soft and Smooth Colorstay lipstick (not the duo), but it doesn't last as long as this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by asyoulikeit

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought "Constant Coral" when the Estee site had a fantastic on-line gift w/purchase offer. It is a GREAT product. The color is softer than the stain I've used for years and, unbelievably, this product stays on just as well. I don't like gloss so haven't used the clear end but suspect that may help it to stay on even longer. I will also try undercoating my lips in pencil as recommended by another reviewer to see if that improves the stay even longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by EmilyM928

I love this stuff! I wore Made You Blush on my wedding day 3 years ago - I guess it got lost in my makeup drawer and I forgot about it until a few months ago, and I wear it all the time now. It really does stay put for most of the day. You do have to reapply the gloss or your lips will get pretty dry, but I think that's the case with most long-wear lipsticks. Made You Blush is a great neutral pink with a little shine. But it's a little too pink for some outfits so today I bought Strong Coffee which is reddish-brown, but still pretty neutral. Both colors really complement my pale skin and aren't too bright.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this product (I don't remember the shade) about a month ago when they had their gift with purchase. The sales person said to use a lip liner first, put the color on, put some of their lipstick on right away and then wait a few minutes and then put on the lip gloss and it won't come off. Well mine did but most of the color stayed on. Unfortunately it fell out of my pocket at a night club and hasn't turned up.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by elizabetheva

I have this product in Strong Coffee (10).

I've loved this product. I feel like Estee Lauder continues to put out really great lip colors in glosses and sticks. I always seem to have one tube of EL lip color that I love.

This one is a great true dark brown that's dramatic and striking without being too much. One side of this duo is the color, the other side is something called "Pearl," a shiny lip color that goes on top of the bottom color. It really kicks the base color up a notch without being sparkley or ridiculous (I loathe sparkley lip colors).

Overall a great products. It feels great, it looks great, it's worth the $$.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by GoddessGreenEyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a great product. I use NOTHING but Estee Lauder products - in general, anyway. I've tried my friends' versions of the Max Factor and Cover Girl versions of long-lasting lipsticks with topcoats, and the only way that this one is different is that instead of having a separate tube with the topcoat, the topcoat with this is a brush included in the lipstick wand, which makes it pretty handy. However, the color only lasts on me for about four hours, and the topcoat tends to fade fast, making my lips feel dry. I'm fairly disappointed in this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by redbassguitar8817

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is actually my first time using an Estee Lauder product and so far I am extremely satisfied. Even though it is pretty expensive (about $25) it is worth the investment. It really does stay on for quite awhile. As long as I wait about a minute after I put on the lipstick part of the duo and then put on the lipgloss part the product lasts through many of my activities such as: eating, drinking, kissing, etc. I can even rub my finger vigorously across my lips and still have most of it on. This stuff is like paint. I have even woken up the next day and found some evidence still left on my lips and that is even after my regular dental and facial routine! The color is amazing as well (Sunglazed Coral) it matches perfectly with my fair skin and is slightly dramatic than the natural coloring of my lips due to a deeper color as well as the added bonus of both the lipstick and lipgloss containing tiny golden flakes in it. However, I also agree with the other Makeupalley reviewers that say that the lip duo can feel a bit dry and tends to flake on the lips but if I exfoliate beforehand as well as moisturize it doesn't become a problem for me. Another thing that irritates me is that after a few days the gold lettering on the tube rubs off and the brushes tend to have single hairs that splitter off after awhile. But overall I would buy this product again, that is if I don't find anything better in the mean time.

1. Price (worth it, becuase it lasts soooo long). +1
2. Coloring is fantastic for me. +1
3. Brushes tend to have single hairs splintering off after prolonged use. -1
4. Double use (you can use either lipstick, gloss, or both for different looks) +1
5. Golden letters rub off after only a few days. -1

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Kayraven

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yucky product. It feels like glue on the lips at first, then dehydrates them and during eating crumbles, in addition smells like tar. The worst EL product I've ever tried!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by dogsinfl

Eternal Plum is my HG berry long wearing lipstick. While MAC has better staying power, EL's DW shades, though limited, are more natural and wearable for me. EL DW doesn't stay on as long as MAC, but is the 2nd longest wearing brand for me. While I love many of Maybelline Superstays colors, they only make it to lunch. I've had MAC make it through a non-greasy lunch, but MSS never has. EL DW is somewhere in between these two, it sort of stays on and sort of stays off, and I can't quite decide if that's an improvement or not. I didn't care for Revlon Colorstay (dark colors) or CG outlast (two separate products just annoy me, plus dark colors).