September 1, 2014 | 1033 users online

Highlighters - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips in Vegas Strip

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by LimaLim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The gold is stunning I wish there were more of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the Shimmer Strips in Vegas and Miami. The Vegas is definitely my favorite of the two. I know this is marketed as a highlighter, but in the summertime I use it as a bronzer, highlighter and eye shadow. It gives a nice glow for summer time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by liorak

This is a recent buy for me, and I already love it. I have maybe had it for 2-3 months. I love using the top 2 colors as a highlight over my whole face, for night time the bottom colors over my blush so my face looks glowing. And I even use this for eye shadows, the colors are exactly what I look for in an eye shadow. Beautiful and pigmented. I do have dryer skin, so I do like a nice glow, and this is what I get with this product. I will probably have to mix in some of the darker shades for when I am tanner (in summer or after a vacation), but thatís why this product is so amazing, different strips give you a different colors, so you donít need to get another highlighter for when you are a shade or more darker. Very convenient! I do not care for the packaging, I think it is a bit cheap, I really like the packaging for the new nude collection Physicians formula came out with. I like that you can see the product from the top, but I find the clear packaging to be cheap. They should have made it some sort of golden metallic to suit the product inside! Best part? You can get it at the drugstore! I always am so excited when I can find a good product at the drugstore what is actually good quality!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by tarahkaye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this as a highlighter after hearing such wonderful reviews. It is a beautiful color, but VERY shimmery... a lot more shimmery than I expected. I can only use it for highlighting my brow bone and the highest part of my cheekbone (almost temple area). The first time I used it, I lightly dusted it all over my upper cheekbones, and because of it's shimmer, it really highlighted all of the fine lines I have. I probably won't repurchase only for the fact that I love trying out different highlighters, and I am not overly crazy about this one. However, the fact that it is in "strips" from light shades to darker shades, you can use this for different eye looks as well, which makes the product versatile.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this highlighter. It can be a bit much if over applied, but looks like a good summery glow when done right. I'm not sure that it'd looks as good when you do not have a tan. I only use it as a highlighter, but could be for shadow potentially. The container is bigger than it needs to be which always bugs me, but its not ridiculous.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Clo0107

I love this! by just using the top part i get a gorgeous champagne glow, but when i swirl all of the colors together i get a light bronze glow. I have had it for a year and yet to hit pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the shimmer strips. I have the vegas and waikiki shimmer strips. I use them as eyeshadows and they look so beautiful applied to the lids. The give off a nice sheen that brightens and opens up the eyes. If you're someone that enjoys neutral looks, you'll like these.
As for using it as a bronzer, they're similar to the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks, and if you use a light hand in conjunction with a skunk brush, it can add a soft and luminous glow to the face.
Packaging is crap, one of mine was difficult to open.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

CRAPPPPP! I got this and used my fan brush to apply it and after the first time I used it nothing showed up but gold and did not blend. Then the strips were almost worn down and useless after one use. Waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Love this. This was my first Shimmer Strip and I bought Miami Strip after. The only issue is that you end up with mostly browns left over that are too dark on me in the bottom corners (with both colors). But I still used the little bit that's left as shadow, I just loosen it and put it in a small sample pot. And as a shadow it's amazing. This strips darkest color is a true bronze. And it lasts. Cheaper than Urban Decay but I'd say in the same league. I love this series. I use just a little on my cheeks and whatever little bit is left over on the brush I'll swipe on my forehead. It's like a highlighter/glow and for that I love it. It brightens you up just the right amount no matter where you put it. It's fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Gigioohlala

Great product. Blends very well and has great color for a broad range of skin tones. I do like using just the lighter strips for illuminating contour on some looks, and just swirling my brush all the strips for a bronzed glow.
Will re-purchase.