April 20, 2014 | 2052 users online

Highlighters - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips in Vegas Strip

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by tarahkaye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this as a highlighter after hearing such wonderful reviews. It is a beautiful color, but VERY shimmery... a lot more shimmery than I expected. I can only use it for highlighting my brow bone and the highest part of my cheekbone (almost temple area). The first time I used it, I lightly dusted it all over my upper cheekbones, and because of it's shimmer, it really highlighted all of the fine lines I have. I probably won't repurchase only for the fact that I love trying out different highlighters, and I am not overly crazy about this one. However, the fact that it is in "strips" from light shades to darker shades, you can use this for different eye looks as well, which makes the product versatile.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this highlighter. It can be a bit much if over applied, but looks like a good summery glow when done right. I'm not sure that it'd looks as good when you do not have a tan. I only use it as a highlighter, but could be for shadow potentially. The container is bigger than it needs to be which always bugs me, but its not ridiculous.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Clo0107

I love this! by just using the top part i get a gorgeous champagne glow, but when i swirl all of the colors together i get a light bronze glow. I have had it for a year and yet to hit pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the shimmer strips. I have the vegas and waikiki shimmer strips. I use them as eyeshadows and they look so beautiful applied to the lids. The give off a nice sheen that brightens and opens up the eyes. If you're someone that enjoys neutral looks, you'll like these.
As for using it as a bronzer, they're similar to the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks, and if you use a light hand in conjunction with a skunk brush, it can add a soft and luminous glow to the face.
Packaging is crap, one of mine was difficult to open.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

CRAPPPPP! I got this and used my fan brush to apply it and after the first time I used it nothing showed up but gold and did not blend. Then the strips were almost worn down and useless after one use. Waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Love this. This was my first Shimmer Strip and I bought Miami Strip after. The only issue is that you end up with mostly browns left over that are too dark on me in the bottom corners (with both colors). But I still used the little bit that's left as shadow, I just loosen it and put it in a small sample pot. And as a shadow it's amazing. This strips darkest color is a true bronze. And it lasts. Cheaper than Urban Decay but I'd say in the same league. I love this series. I use just a little on my cheeks and whatever little bit is left over on the brush I'll swipe on my forehead. It's like a highlighter/glow and for that I love it. It brightens you up just the right amount no matter where you put it. It's fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Gigioohlala

Great product. Blends very well and has great color for a broad range of skin tones. I do like using just the lighter strips for illuminating contour on some looks, and just swirling my brush all the strips for a bronzed glow.
Will re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by dtd311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on the recommendation of YouTuber pinksofoxy, who said it was a close dupe of the Dior Amber Diamond highlighter. It is a nice golden highlight or very lustrous bronzer. I use it as a highlighter only, because it does have such a sheen to it, and I tend to use the lighter colors because I'm quite pale even in summer. The effect is very pretty and not over the top by any means. It's not an every day look for me personally (a teacher) but I wouldn't say it's too obvious for most people to wear day-to-day. A little goes a long way and is a good value.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by emilily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this a while ago. I don't use highlighters most of the time, and when I do I have a BB Shimmerbrick in rose for pinks and an Inglot AMC Shine in a cream/white for other looks. I find that in comparison with BB, PF in vegas is a little more ostentatious rather than understated. Maybe it's just more glittery, but PF is still smooth and creates a bright sheen. I'm just not into the colour or look of the product. I don't want to look like a disco ball!
Haven't tried it on my eyes, I guess because I don't want too much glitter/shine on my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I have to say that I'm in love with this.. heard it was a dupe for Dior's Amber Diamond... I can't say if it is or not but it is the most gorgeous highlight! I agree that it's not a bronzer AT ALL, but I knew that because of the reviews and I was looking for a goldy highlight because I love the bronzed look and I have yellow undertones so white and pink can sometimes look weird on me.. I just use my tapered highlighting brush from Sigma and swipe lightly across all of the colors.. LIGHTLY. The first time I tried it, I did a heavy swipe and it was wayyy too much. I see very fine and small glitters, but it gives a wonderful sheen, though it may be much for other people.. it reminds me of Loreal's infallible eyeshadow in iced latte. A white gold sheen. Love this!!