Bobbi Brown Tawny Powder Blush

4.3

on 2/22/2015 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Tawny is a lovely warm pinky brown matte blush. It gives cheeks an incredibly natural flush on my Armani LSF 8/ Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 420 Bisque N/ NARS Syracuse (note that this is too yellow, though) medium tanned skin tone. It's not an "I just came in from the cold" color, but more of a natural soft rosy brown tone that subtly accentuates cheekbones and adds a hint of a flush. This goes well with many different looks and it's a wonderful addition to anyone's makeup collection :)

on 11/19/2014 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This blush is my new best friend. Bobbi Brown is my favorite line of cosmetics and her blushes are no exception to that rule for me. I have and love Apricot with my summer tan, but for the fall and winter months, I prefer Tawny. Now that I have moved from Florida and lost my permatan, I find that Sand Pink no longer looks good on me even though I still have neutral-ish olive skin. Tawny gives me a hint of color that is imperceptible as "makeup" but simply looks healthy. It fades a bit throughout the day, but I don't know of any other shade in any brand that looks quite as natural so I wouldn't want to replace it. It also coordinates well with all of my cool-toned lipsticks (I can't wear warm lipstick shades even though I look like I should be able to.) so I don't need to switch blush colors no matter what I wear. I have NC25-NC35 skin, FYI. Hope this helps! :)

on 3/15/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first Bobbi Brown blush and I am very impressed with the quality and ease of application. It is well pigmented so it is best to build slowly. It blends well and lasts many hours. I don't usually keep my makeup on for 10 or 12 hours so I can't speak to that kind of longevity. The color is a muted pink/brown but it pulls a little peachy brown on me. I am a very fair (NC20) olive tone. I think this color might not suit those with a pink rather than yellow or neutral undertone. I am just guessing here, but I can see this color working quite well on much darker skin tones than mine. It is on the expensive side and the compact seems a bit cheap. Already I am having a bit of trouble closing it tightly.

on 1/30/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This Tawny Powder Blush was my first ever Bobbi Brown blusher from 8 years ago and I sued it every day until I switched to Almond.

I was slightly alarmed (in my then-make up naïveté) when the sales assistant explained that this shade uses brown (rather than pink) as it's base colour, which would suit my yellow skin tone. The results speak for themselves, as it was perfect to give me a natural-looking flush.

As with all the Bobbi Brown powder products I've used, the Tawny blush is finely milled and easy to both apply and blend. I've since wanted a more contoured look so have moved on to the Almond shade, but my sister (who has naturally-flushed cheeks anyway) now uses Tawny and it enhances her features nicely.

on 12/13/2013 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I got this blush a few years ago and use it rarely. It's my fault because I have neglected it.

I got this with as a BB special (love those BB special packaging promos). It is side by side with the Pale pink.. the duo if used together is amazing.

it's a good thing BB still makes the blushes separately .. it is maddening to have stuff be discontinued all the time. I would love to see this promo brought back.

this is a must have product even if you are very pale - it just gives that soft bronzey look to the skin and when combined with the pale pink it's selfie worthy.

will keep this in my rotation

on 12/13/2013 5:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had some trouble liking this blush. I bought it and didn’t use it for quite some time. It seemed boring, somewhat vintage. After forgetting it in my kit for a while I gave it another try and I must say that its a really good blush. Its just perfect for a nice polished day/office look. Its not too pink or too brown, it gives just the right amount of zest to the face which ends up looking young and healthy. Stays on all day.

on 8/18/2013 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

For my NW40 skin, this blush is a perfect everyday color. Like all the other BB blushes I have tried, Tawny is very finely milled, so it goes on easily and blends to perfection. I don't usually wear foundation, but I apply my moisturizer, then apply translucent powder after 5 minutes, then blush. It wears for the entire work day and is completely matte, which makes it look very natural. $24 is not exactly cheap, but I'm willing to pay it because this is a great quality blush.

on 12/24/2012 11:46:00 PM

I'm not much of a blush fan, but I've spent years trying to find a natural-looking blush and I think this is it for me! My skin tone is a BB 3.5-4, a light-medium olive.

The color is really pigmented and it's easy to apply too much; if I end up applying too much I just press my hands into my cheeks to soften the look.

on 8/7/2012 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of my HG blushes... has been for YEARS! I love it. It gives the perfect natural flush, I think it compliments many skin tones (I am NC 25/30). I think it also does well with Bobbi Brown's theory of using two blushes, one base and another "pop" color, this is definitely more of the base.

on 4/22/2012 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like the color of this blush. It's a pinky brown blush. It's not too overwhelming on my dark olive skin. It's my new neutral blush. I do feel like it's not really tawny though. When I think of tawny, I think of an orangey color. One thing that I hate is the packaging. For $24, I just think Bobbi Brown could have done a little better with the packaging. It's just looks and feels cheap to me. Just to clarify, the packaging I'm talking about is square with a cheap looking cover, not what is shown in the photos here on MUA.

Popular Blush Products