July 24, 2014 | 1296 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Tawny Powder Blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first Bobbi Brown blush and I am very impressed with the quality and ease of application. It is well pigmented so it is best to build slowly. It blends well and lasts many hours. I don't usually keep my makeup on for 10 or 12 hours so I can't speak to that kind of longevity. The color is a muted pink/brown but it pulls a little peachy brown on me. I am a very fair (NC20) olive tone. I think this color might not suit those with a pink rather than yellow or neutral undertone. I am just guessing here, but I can see this color working quite well on much darker skin tones than mine. It is on the expensive side and the compact seems a bit cheap. Already I am having a bit of trouble closing it tightly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I was planning my wedding last summer, I ended up at the Bobbi Brown counter at Lord & Taylor on a whim because they had bridal makeup lessons. I was familiar with Bobbi Brown of course but never tried any of her products. I was really impressed the face makeup - my complexion looked naturally flawless.

At $26, this is definitely a splurge, however, it is normal for me to splurge on face makeup. I bought all of the products used on my face at the lesson - including this blush - because they all worked together perfectly and I didn't want to take any chances for my wedding day.

Like all Bobbi Brown products, the packaging is chic and minimalist. The compact sits nicely in my makeup bag.

The formula leaves nothing to be desired. It's a matte powder. I don't need much product to get the job done. I add it a little at a time to build the color so I don't overdo it. Once it's on, I like to blend it in with my fingers because I can be a little sloppy with my blush brush.

I LOVE the color of this blush. It's a pinky-brown that suits my warm-to-neutral olive skin tone perfectly - it looks like a natural flush that is coming from within, and that's all I am really going for when it comes to blush. It's perfect for adding a little healthy color to my cheeks no matter what time of year.

This blush has become a staple in my makeup kit and I use it regularly. I would definitely repurchase it. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a no-nonsense, good quality blush. I give this product a 5 because it leaves nothing to be desired.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This Tawny Powder Blush was my first ever Bobbi Brown blusher from 8 years ago and I sued it every day until I switched to Almond.

I was slightly alarmed (in my then-make up naïveté) when the sales assistant explained that this shade uses brown (rather than pink) as it's base colour, which would suit my yellow skin tone. The results speak for themselves, as it was perfect to give me a natural-looking flush.

As with all the Bobbi Brown powder products I've used, the Tawny blush is finely milled and easy to both apply and blend. I've since wanted a more contoured look so have moved on to the Almond shade, but my sister (who has naturally-flushed cheeks anyway) now uses Tawny and it enhances her features nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this blush a few years ago and use it rarely. It's my fault because I have neglected it.

I got this with as a BB special (love those BB special packaging promos). It is side by side with the Pale pink.. the duo if used together is amazing.

it's a good thing BB still makes the blushes separately .. it is maddening to have stuff be discontinued all the time. I would love to see this promo brought back.

this is a must have product even if you are very pale - it just gives that soft bronzey look to the skin and when combined with the pale pink it's selfie worthy.

will keep this in my rotation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by marchafr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had some trouble liking this blush. I bought it and didn’t use it for quite some time. It seemed boring, somewhat vintage. After forgetting it in my kit for a while I gave it another try and I must say that its a really good blush. Its just perfect for a nice polished day/office look. Its not too pink or too brown, it gives just the right amount of zest to the face which ends up looking young and healthy. Stays on all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For my NW40 skin, this blush is a perfect everyday color. Like all the other BB blushes I have tried, Tawny is very finely milled, so it goes on easily and blends to perfection. I don't usually wear foundation, but I apply my moisturizer, then apply translucent powder after 5 minutes, then blush. It wears for the entire work day and is completely matte, which makes it look very natural. $24 is not exactly cheap, but I'm willing to pay it because this is a great quality blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by DarkNStormy

I'm not much of a blush fan, but I've spent years trying to find a natural-looking blush and I think this is it for me! My skin tone is a BB 3.5-4, a light-medium olive.

The color is really pigmented and it's easy to apply too much; if I end up applying too much I just press my hands into my cheeks to soften the look.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by chanel2110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my HG blushes... has been for YEARS! I love it. It gives the perfect natural flush, I think it compliments many skin tones (I am NC 25/30). I think it also does well with Bobbi Brown's theory of using two blushes, one base and another "pop" color, this is definitely more of the base.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I like the color of this blush. It's a pinky brown blush. It's not too overwhelming on my dark olive skin. It's my new neutral blush. I do feel like it's not really tawny though. When I think of tawny, I think of an orangey color. One thing that I hate is the packaging. For $24, I just think Bobbi Brown could have done a little better with the packaging. It's just looks and feels cheap to me. Just to clarify, the packaging I'm talking about is square with a cheap looking cover, not what is shown in the photos here on MUA.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Tawny blush since it was first recommended for me - about 15 years ago! - and I keep buying it because it's just totally foolproof. I'm NC30-40, Bobbi Brown 4.5, and on my skin it does what blush is supposed to do which is just give a natural glow. From reading some of the many reviews of this product, it's one of those magic shades that performs on all complexions from fair to deep. I've also used Brown Berry - a deeper shade - and Rose - brighter, and good for the BB "pop" of colour - but Tawny is my go-to shade. Because it's a medium pink-brown, it will go with just about every shade of lipstick. Unlike so many other brands, BB powder blushes work so well because they are completely matte and also very sheer, and are very easy to apply. You can put this shade on in the dark and still look great!