Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

I started using this cleanser only about six months ago. Having mature skin I was looking for something that was both cleansing and kind to my complexion. I do not mind the fragrance but I can't say I would repurchase it. To be honest it doesn't always clean my face as well as I like. I use a Neutrogena make up remover cloth prior to using this and still have to double check to make sure the Cetaphil has completely cleaned my face. I will finish this container but would not recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I surprised no one has commented on the smell! It smells so gross, like baby powder and chemicals. It did feel nice at first but then after a week, I grew to despise it. My skin just does not like this, it felt really raw whenever I'd used it. Sorry, I'm just not a fan. Guys, try out the olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin - thats a real drugstore gem :)

Ever since my skin was super dry and irritated from using Accutane, I have used this Cetaphil cleanser and loved it! It has been over 5 years since I have been using this product, but I don't feel the need to look for somethig else. This is rare for me, since I love skincare and trying out new products. This cleanser does not remove my makeup, but when I use it after my Bioderma it leaves my skin soft and hydrated. I find this cleanser pleasant to apply and I love the texture of it. I take my time massaging the product into the skin and it never dries me out. I honestly didn't even study the ingredient list since it has worked so well for me for such a long time. Apparantly the ingredients are not all that great?! Still somehow its formula works for me. Is that even possible?

This is my favourite, holy grail cleanser. Incredibly gentle, doesn't irritate my acne. It's the second step in my skin routine after i've removed my makeup with makeup wipes, since this cleanser cannot remove makeup.

This is a Meh item for me. Price is great. Conveniently sourced. Just overall mediocre. I realize you can probably pick this up on the cheap at times, I find that $11 is money wasted on this product. It was non-irritating, which is great. Makeup removal was a Wah-Wah-Wah. I much prefer my Boscia Purifying Gel Cleanser. More expensive, but worth it as far as I am concerned.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good cleanser which I used for years. I have acne prone skin, and while this did a good job and didn't break me out, and removed my makeup well, I have since found another cleanser which is much more gentle. This cleanser will dry me out around my nose and mouth, and I will get all itchy around my nose, which is not pleasant! I have switched to acne.org's gentle cleanser and find it to do a great job of cleansing without drying me out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Speaking from my personal experience, Cetaphil and Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash has been nothing but disaster for my facial skin. Good for those whom it worked for, but for my friends who suffers from acne and eczema, I just want to warn you guys so you won't have to experience what I have went through.

I started having acne 5 years ago and after visiting an aesthetician for facial, she recommended me to use Cetaphil's gentle skin cleanser. At first, it seemed like it wasn't doing anything bad to my skin, but I always had to go back for facial regularly for extraction to which I thought was normal as I was going through puberty.

It was a cycle I thought I was doomed to. I would go for facial at the start of every month, have a red face for the rest of the first week, enjoy clean looking skin for the second, start to see white and blackheads form on the third, suffer from breakouts on the fourth and go for facial again.

3 years later, something worse happened. I started having eczema!! My skin was constantly dry, flaky and red and I tried many moisturizers only to make my acne worst. During that period (I think 6 months), I started going for facials every 2 weeks and those pimples were deep and left nasty marks. My confidence was at pit bottom and I stayed at home most of the time. I even took medical leaves to escape going to work.

It only came under control after my visit to a dermatologist who prescribed me some cream. But my eczema would constantly come back and I had to bring the cream where ever I go just in case.

A few months back, I read online and saw that facial cleansers with salicylic acid may help with acne so I went to buy Neutrogena's Oil Free Cleanser. Although it did to help keep my acne under control, it dried out my skin like HELL. My whole face was FLAKING. It was like having scales! It was the worst decision. So I went back to cetaphil and guess what? Acne and eczema came back again.. I was desperate and thought all hopes were lost until my aesthetician recommended me babor's 2 in one gel cleanser.

Although it was relatively expensive for a cleanser, it really worked for me. My face is healing everyday and recently. I don't even have to use those creams any more. My skin never looked so good for a long time. Furthermore, although it's pricey, each bottle lasts longer than those cleansers you get over the counter so if you compare it, it's really the same.

I won't usually give reviews online but I really want to save people with the same problem as me because I know how it feels. People like us don't get clean skin from just washing with plain water and we have to put in a little extra effort to find the right product. If you visit this site you will see Cetaphil is made up of mostly comedogenic ingredients (http://www.caryskincare.com/acnecomedogeniclist.html) so PLEASE, help yourself. My advise is to invest in a better cleanser recommended by your dermatologist or aesthecian instead of using OTC products but of course, check out the ingredients before you get it. All the best guys.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

PROS
Perfect for skin problems with problems with eczema
Leaves skin feeling SOOO soft
No strong scent
Gentle cleanser

CONS
A bit expensive

I definitely will repurchase this again, I’ve already been through 4 bottles. LOVE THIS PRODUCT SOO MUCH, HAS SAVED MY Skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used this previously when I had combination oily skin, and I found that it didn't do anything for me. Now that I am on Differin, I have dry, tight skin. I use this in the morning and at night after I use mineral oil to remove my makeup. I found that in order to get the oil off at night, I had to wash my face two or three times with this because it is so gentle. However, I have no problems in the morning.

This cleanser is excellent for anybody who might be on medication that is making their skin very sensitive. It is not irritating at all, and cleanses my face properly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to swear by this cleanser as it was very gentle. Now that I haven't used it in a couple years I think it may have contributed to the acne issues I used to have. I had a lot of problems with clogged pores and I would get terrible cystic acne sometimes. Cetaphil is full of parabens. I haven't had the skin issues I used to have so I would never use this stuff again. For a gentle drugstore cleanser I would recommend Burts Bee Sensitive Skin Cleanser as the formula is similar (BB is a little thicker consistency). The price is comparable and BB doesn't break me out or clog my pores at all.

Video Reviews & Tutorials