Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 7/29/2015 8:48:00 PM

when i wash my face with this product my face feels so clean and refreshed . some times a little dry , love it cause it is over the counter products.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So. i never had acne problem. in high school i use the basic clean and clear.but at about 20 it started breaking me out all of a sudden so i switch to Neutrogen that did the same thing. so i went a while not using anything but water and my coco butter. long story i cant use any Medicated cleansers. my skin does not like it then I switch to the mary kay combinations facial wash (the only thing i use from that line) my skin loves this stuff. i just hate ordering it on line but i just order some and was a Walmart and saw a trail size i figure it can tie me over till my MK facial wash comes in the mail.

So i used it three times already and to be frank to me it like water down cold cream.....i mean it feel like water down lotion but it not moisturizing at all my skin still felt dry when i got out the shower. that baffled me. but i see it has the same ingredients that shampoos have and since i only shampoo my hair every couple weeks (to clarify my scalp) it drying to my hair i just co/wash my hair daily. so maybe that why it drying to my face??? either way i wont be using this anymore

dont understand the hype at all.

on 7/24/2015 8:46:00 PM

This just sits on top of the skin. I used half just to get the whole vibe and ew, a waste of 10 bucks.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I was recommended cetaphil by those who have combination skin to combat dryness from cleansing and also this was supposed to be non comodegenic,

I found that after using Cetaphil for around a week I started to get mini spots and some blocked pores. For this reason I ended up retiring it as a miss.

Later on when I experimented with oil cleansing (castor oil) one day I decided to mix the two and my skin looks amazing. I use half a squirt of ceta and the same amount of Castor oil. Rub into wet skin then steam wipe with a hot cloth. My skin has improved so much.

Still I have to give it 3 lippies because if I didn't find another use for it I doubt I would buy it again.

on 7/19/2015 1:57:00 AM

I've always had skin problems with breakouts and uneven skin tone. Someone suggested for me to try this about 2 years ago and I haven't looked back. My skin is so much better with a non foaming cleanser.

This cleanser does take some getting used to because it's a cream and doesn't always 'feel' like it's cleansing - just remember if your skin is squeeky clean after you cleanse then you've over done it. You've also stripped away the good oils from your skin.

If you think you might have highly sensitive skin give this product a try - and give it a few weeks to see the results. I'm never going back!

My skin doesn't respond well to facial cleansers from high-end brands. I really like this drugstore cleanser because it has plenty of product in it and it just gets the deed done. It isn't a foam and it applies clear.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have oily skin so this product works great for me. I use it in the shower to clean my face and shoulder/chest area but whenever my face feels gross and oily, this stuff takes it all away and leaves my face smooth. If you have dry skin I guess it can be a bit drying but I also have the cetaphil lotion which is very mosturizing :) plus this stuff comes in a nice big bottle, I've had it for about 3 months now and its barely half way gone lol great product.

on 7/18/2015 9:08:00 PM

This was an ok cleanser. The only thing I didn't like was that it left a film on my face. Just left it feeling weird.

on 7/18/2015 3:53:00 PM

As someone who has spent a small fortune on skin care products over the years I must say that this does what it says on the tin! After a skin peel I was recommended to use a mild cleanser for a few days and have continued using it since and that was three months ago. I have finally realised that I was becoming every beauty editors dream buying into the hyped up product industry and this removes make up better than some of the high end products. I must admit that the name is a bit off putting and the packaging isn't pretty but who sees it anyway. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

on 7/17/2015 10:09:00 AM

Awful ingredients nothing special as far as cleansing

Video Reviews & Tutorials