July 22, 2014 | 2225 users online

Blush - NARS - Blush / Bronzer Duo in Sin / Casino

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by toomuchjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The Nars blush duo in Sin/Casino is a great winter blush/contour for tan and darker skintones. I have been thinking about getting Sin for awhile now but I was hesitant because it swatches rather glittery. I'm relieved that the glitter is pretty subtle when it's applied onto the skin with a brush rather than a hard swatch with a finger. Sin is a cool plummy shade that just looks beautiful and sexy (can a blush be sexy? yes!) in these cold months. I never considered getting Casino and I have never owned Laguna but I've always heard good things about Nars bronzers. Casino is darker and less warm-toned than Laguna and complements Sin very nicely. If you're lighter than NC35ish, I would use a light hand and/or a less densely packed brush to apply Casino. I feel like I got a great deal with this duo (added bonus for purchasing this during the Nars F&F sale!).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by 123finallyfriday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful product, I love Sin blush for the winter, gives a really cute wintery look to the cheeks and love Casino bronzer all year round. though there has been a lot of mixed opinions about casino having red undertones, that is the thing I love about it. It has a red undertone, not orange like laguna, and it makes for the most natural/realistic looking bronzer, like you've gotten ever so slighty sun burned.. I love to have a clean simple at clutter-free makeup bag, and this is really nice because it is 2in1, love 2in1 products.
The only thing I have to say is that I would never go for sin blusher if I was doing a really bronzy look, so I wish they made a duo with casino and a peachy/corally shade too....
nevertheless, a really nice duo,

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by chechi

I do not like the rubber packaging of these nars products as they get dirty easily. But I think this is a good every day blush/bronzer combo for and indian/latina girl who is warm toned nc 42 to nc 44 in MAC. Both products have shimmer so I don't know how well this would suit oily skinned/older women and I would not use the bronzer for contouring. I won't repurchase as I don't consider this HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by nicolejohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As I usually love nars blushes and I adore the duo in laguana And orgasm this just didn't work with me. Sin was too plummy and casino was too reddish and muddy on me I swapped it away so hopefully it will get more love from someone else . For reference im NC 37

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by CaramelBae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Received this in a swap, I was very interested in trying the Casino bronzer but I was a little disappointed overall. Sin is a gorgeous plum blush with golden specks and looks really pretty in the pan but once I swatched on my cheek I found it wasn't as pigmented as most nars blushes are and I had to reapply several times to actually see some kind of color. The Casino bronzer gave me the same results it literally blends right into my skin and so it wasn't really useful for contouring. It is a little cool to me and it shows up a tad ashy on my skin. Its a pretty duo but I wouldn't recommend this for darker skin, I'm NC45 and It didn't show up to well on my skin color. I definitely think this would be great for someone with medium-tan skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really excited about this little duo because sometime I feel that the NARS laguna could be a bit darker. But....Casino has more of a frosty finish than Laguna which I don't care for. I find myself reaching for the Laguna more than the Casino. On the other hand I LOVE the Sin Blush! It is a dirty plum color that is great for evening or for fall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by audmac

Im loving this duo!
Casino looks perfect when I apply it with my MAC 150 brush, its not too dark, not too light, just right, and Sin atop it, applied with MAC 187 brush, is just the right pop of blush color. Together my face looks natural with a dewy, healthy glow. I was pretty impressed.
Ive used Sin before just on its on and liked it for a while but decided it didnt do anything for me. However Ive changed my mind when pairing it with this casino bronzer.
This duo is a perfect space saver for travel too- no need to pack seperate bronzer and blush anymore!
Very happy to have this in my makeup drawer:)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by traceyadwl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ahh... Casino and Sin are too dark for me! I am a golden NC43 with warm undertones, and these colors have too much red in them for me to pull off. It might work for an evening look, or in the summer when I'm tanner; but as for now, they are both too dark and dramatic. I'm looking for more "golden pretty" so I think I will switch this out for Laguna (I already own Orgasm :).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

In terms of packaging and pigmentation, I have yet to find another makeup brand that can compare with NARS. I have both this duo and the orgasm and laguna one and I love both. This one is a lot darker, and gives more of a "made up" look. I think the key is to use a VERY light hand. Ionly have to dip the brush in there, not sweeping it back and forth like I do with all other power-based makeup products. For everyday, I prefer the orgasm/laguna because it's more fail-safe. But this one gives a more effective look for parties or going out, and yes, it does work for my relatively light skin tone (I'm NC25-27, MUFE 120). However, Casino has more of a muddy undertone to it, so it only takes a little bit more product than necessary to make you look dirty. If you're only looking for one, I'd say go for the orgasm and laguna.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpJunkiee

I found this color to be too dark for my complection. I should have gone with orgasm/laguna for my medium skin. My face looked dirty and over done no matter how lightly i applied.