MAC Melba

4.4

talc, octyldodecyl stearol stearate, zinc stearate, isostearyl neopentanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol,phenoxyethanol [ /-] silica, mica, titanium dioxide (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 77492), carmine (Cl 75470), Chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, febric ferrocyanide, maganese violet, red 6, red 6 lake, red 7 lake, red 28 lake, red 30 lake, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake,

on 6/12/2015 12:40:00 AM

Love this colour just don't put too much on it's really pigmented. Lasts ALL DAY on your face.

This is my first MAC blush and I have mixed feelings about it. I have a pretty fair complexion and luckily I can pull off tones from warm to cool with little problem. This blush is a very pretty peachy shade and has nice pigmentation. Unfortunately it sometimes look rather orange and ruddy on me vs. natural. I don't try to apply it too heavy handed but I do generally need 2 swipes to make it show up well. Even after I blend it out it might look fine in a certain light and then I catch a glimpse of myself in other light and it looks obvious and orange. In general though it's a very nice blush with decent staying power and I'm happy to have it in my collection. It goes with pretty much any other makeup look which is always a plus (natural, smoky, warm, cool, and any lipstick color), so it gets an A+ for versatility. I would like to try more MAC blushes!

on 5/30/2015 6:06:00 PM

I seriously cannot rave about Melba enough. I have medium toned skin with quite obvious yellow undertones and this works perfectly. It warms up my complexion without making me look any darker or ruddy. I love this blush when during the summer and even during the winter months. Melba is like a gorgeous muted peachy tone which I imagine would be flattering across all skintones. At first, on switching in the MAC store, I hated the way the swatch was quite chalky. I swear, on the skin Melba is by no means chalky and seems to blend like a dream and well. Although the formula is matte, it is does not look flat on the skin and makes you look healthy and glowing from within. I would definitely recommend this to all you lovely ladies looking for a gorgeous, natural, everyday blush and especially to those of a warmer complexion. Would i repurchase? Of course! One lippie off the price tag as I am a student and 18 for a blush is not reasonable, affordable or practical. Packaging is the traditional MAC packaging with a clear window which makes the blush easy to identify.

on 5/7/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a bit of a blush junkie. This is probably my favorite blush of all time. It's the perfect flush whether you're wearing a full face of makeup, or want to go fairly natural. Being a MAC product, it's a bit on the expensive side but I think it's worth it.

on 4/29/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a lovely, very soft, warm, pinky caramelly shade of blush. I would never have picked this out for myself but I was in Bloomies and I asked the MAC salesperson for a suggestion. He picked this out and I tried it. WOW! It really brought my skin to life and it is such a soft color. Often "warm" blushes are too strong for my very pale skin. This is gorgeous!

I wear it with Bobbi Brown Mod Pink Lipstick and many other warm peachy/coral shades of lipstick as well as orangey reds. It is now my favorite blush. It is very finely milled and silky. It doesn't have a mirror or brush inside but perhaps that is why it is fairly affordable.

I actually carry it around and hold it up against clothes to see if it blends because I know this color looks so wonderful on me!

on 4/6/2015 2:30:00 PM

It has a beautiful matte peachy color. I love it. Its perfect for daily using. It looks natural on skin which is all we need for daily make up. So this is a must have product for me.

on 3/16/2015 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't like this blush att all. It looks so pretty in the pan but on my skin it looks like a reed/orange shade, and it's not blendable att al. I think this will look better on someone with a warm skin undertone.

on 2/22/2015 6:49:00 PM

I do love this blush, the colour is stunning on my fair skin but it's just not one of my ultimate favourites. Probably wouldn't repurchase considering the price but MAC blushes last forever which is brilliant. Highly pigmented!

on 2/11/2015 12:24:00 AM

It's OK.

Speaking for my skin tone!
This was the first MAC blush I ever purchased, it literally mimics a peach: fuzz and all. Chalky-matte & unnatural looking on my NW25 skin tone. Not the kinda flush I'm into. (Also a lil bit neon-esque of a peach if that makes sense.) With a lighter hand it still gives off an unnatural flush/finish.

Warm Soul on the other hand..... looks like you went to Eden and back. ;) ;) Highly recommend this blush over Melba if you're looking for something "REAL" with peachy undertones. Don't shy away from the slight shimmer in WS - with Melba I have to work at it if I want the blush to look natural. With WS I swipe it on and can build it up as I please without looking shiny.

xx

However, I do think fairer skin tones should give this a shot.

on 2/9/2015 2:33:00 PM

I love this blush so so much!i was so afraid to try it because I m quite fair and I war afraid I ld look like a clown.well I decided to buy it anyway and I'm glad I did.Would definitely repurchase if this ran out.

Top Rated MAC Products