MAC Melba

4.4

talc, octyldodecyl stearol stearate, zinc stearate, isostearyl neopentanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol,phenoxyethanol [ /-] silica, mica, titanium dioxide (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 77492), carmine (Cl 75470), Chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, febric ferrocyanide, maganese violet, red 6, red 6 lake, red 7 lake, red 28 lake, red 30 lake, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake,

on 5/7/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a bit of a blush junkie. This is probably my favorite blush of all time. It's the perfect flush whether you're wearing a full face of makeup, or want to go fairly natural. Being a MAC product, it's a bit on the expensive side but I think it's worth it.

on 4/29/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a lovely, very soft, warm, pinky caramelly shade of blush. I would never have picked this out for myself but I was in Bloomies and I asked the MAC salesperson for a suggestion. He picked this out and I tried it. WOW! It really brought my skin to life and it is such a soft color. Often "warm" blushes are too strong for my very pale skin. This is gorgeous!

I wear it with Bobbi Brown Mod Pink Lipstick and many other warm peachy/coral shades of lipstick as well as orangey reds. It is now my favorite blush. It is very finely milled and silky. It doesn't have a mirror or brush inside but perhaps that is why it is fairly affordable.

I actually carry it around and hold it up against clothes to see if it blends because I know this color looks so wonderful on me!

on 4/6/2015 2:30:00 PM

It has a beautiful matte peachy color. I love it. Its perfect for daily using. It looks natural on skin which is all we need for daily make up. So this is a must have product for me.

on 3/16/2015 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't like this blush att all. It looks so pretty in the pan but on my skin it looks like a reed/orange shade, and it's not blendable att al. I think this will look better on someone with a warm skin undertone.

on 2/22/2015 6:49:00 PM

I do love this blush, the colour is stunning on my fair skin but it's just not one of my ultimate favourites. Probably wouldn't repurchase considering the price but MAC blushes last forever which is brilliant. Highly pigmented!

on 2/11/2015 12:24:00 AM

It's OK.

Speaking for my skin tone!
This was the first MAC blush I ever purchased, it literally mimics a peach: fuzz and all. Chalky-matte & unnatural looking on my NW25 skin tone. Not the kinda flush I'm into. (Also a lil bit neon-esque of a peach if that makes sense.) With a lighter hand it still gives off an unnatural flush/finish.

Warm Soul on the other hand..... looks like you went to Eden and back. ;) ;) Highly recommend this blush over Melba if you're looking for something "REAL" with peachy undertones. Don't shy away from the slight shimmer in WS - with Melba I have to work at it if I want the blush to look natural. With WS I swipe it on and can build it up as I please without looking shiny.

xx

However, I do think fairer skin tones should give this a shot.

on 2/9/2015 2:33:00 PM

I love this blush so so much!i was so afraid to try it because I m quite fair and I war afraid I ld look like a clown.well I decided to buy it anyway and I'm glad I did.Would definitely repurchase if this ran out.

on 1/30/2015 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find blushes that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Melba is gorgeous!!! On me it's a peachy pink colour. The matte finish blushes are my favourite mac finish. I love that they are highly pigmented and have no glitter or shimmer in them. Melba lasts about 8 hours on me and blends well. I love this blush so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've had this blush for YEARS and just recently rediscovered it. It's an absolutely beautiful color, kind of a peachy-pink color that looks good on everyone. It's a matte blush, so no glitter, which I like because you don't look like a disco-ball at the end of the day. The great thing about MAC blushes in general is that you can get them in just the pan, making it easier to place in a Z-Palette and reducing the space taken up by individual blush packaging and thus making room for more makeup :p

on 12/29/2014 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This was the first MAC blush I have tried. For the record I have light olive skin that is often very dry and sensitive.

Method of application:

Multi use face brush by Spa Recourse

Color/Tone:

This blush is very warm toned. It will pull a fair amount of coral tones. Personally I enjoyed this because it appears very natural on my skin tone, as it is similar to the affect of a spending some time in the sun and have a natural flush. The color is very build able, as it be a sheer wash of color with a light hand, or very bright when applied heavy. However for someone who is very fair, this may best be used with a very light hand as color can become very intense quickly.

Texture:

This blush is 100% percent matte. I appreciated this because I am able to layer my highlighter over the blush for a very controlled placement of shimmer/”glow”.

Staying Power:

I have always used this blush with fix + by MAC as a setting spray and have never had a problem with it staying put for 5 to 6 hours (about the normal time a powder blush will last for me without a touch up), but with a light touch up color is noticeable for a full days wear (roughly 10 to 12 hours).

Would I buy again?

Yes absolutely! I have enjoyed this as my go to everyday blush and am in love with its lasting power. MAC blushes have one of my favorite formulation and I have not suffered any breakouts or redness from this products. Double thumbs up!

Top Rated MAC Products