March 2, 2015 | 1017 users online

Blush - MAC - Melba

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2015 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Clob

I do love this blush, the colour is stunning on my fair skin but it's just not one of my ultimate favourites. Probably wouldn't repurchase considering the price but MAC blushes last forever which is brilliant. Highly pigmented!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2015 12:24:00 AM More reviews by goldhoney

It's OK.

Speaking for my skin tone!
This was the first MAC blush I ever purchased, it literally mimics a peach: fuzz and all. Chalky-matte & unnatural looking on my NW25 skin tone. Not the kinda flush I'm into. (Also a lil bit neon-esque of a peach if that makes sense.) With a lighter hand it still gives off an unnatural flush/finish.

Warm Soul on the other hand..... looks like you went to Eden and back. ;) ;) Highly recommend this blush over Melba if you're looking for something "REAL" with peachy undertones. Don't shy away from the slight shimmer in WS - with Melba I have to work at it if I want the blush to look natural. With WS I swipe it on and can build it up as I please without looking shiny.

xx

However, I do think fairer skin tones should give this a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2015 2:33:00 PM More reviews by melissanthi

I love this blush so so much!i was so afraid to try it because I m quite fair and I war afraid I ld look like a clown.well I decided to buy it anyway and I'm glad I did.Would definitely repurchase if this ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2015 2:16:00 PM More reviews by DoTheTree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find blushes that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Melba is gorgeous!!! On me it's a peachy pink colour. The matte finish blushes are my favourite mac finish. I love that they are highly pigmented and have no glitter or shimmer in them. Melba lasts about 8 hours on me and blends well. I love this blush so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 1:17:00 AM More reviews by ReviewNinjaRN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this blush for YEARS and just recently rediscovered it. It's an absolutely beautiful color, kind of a peachy-pink color that looks good on everyone. It's a matte blush, so no glitter, which I like because you don't look like a disco-ball at the end of the day. The great thing about MAC blushes in general is that you can get them in just the pan, making it easier to place in a Z-Palette and reducing the space taken up by individual blush packaging and thus making room for more makeup :p

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ccl130

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first MAC blush I have tried. For the record I have light olive skin that is often very dry and sensitive.

Method of application:

Multi use face brush by Spa Recourse

Color/Tone:

This blush is very warm toned. It will pull a fair amount of coral tones. Personally I enjoyed this because it appears very natural on my skin tone, as it is similar to the affect of a spending some time in the sun and have a natural flush. The color is very build able, as it be a sheer wash of color with a light hand, or very bright when applied heavy. However for someone who is very fair, this may best be used with a very light hand as color can become very intense quickly.

Texture:

This blush is 100% percent matte. I appreciated this because I am able to layer my highlighter over the blush for a very controlled placement of shimmer/”glow”.

Staying Power:

I have always used this blush with fix + by MAC as a setting spray and have never had a problem with it staying put for 5 to 6 hours (about the normal time a powder blush will last for me without a touch up), but with a light touch up color is noticeable for a full days wear (roughly 10 to 12 hours).

Would I buy again?

Yes absolutely! I have enjoyed this as my go to everyday blush and am in love with its lasting power. MAC blushes have one of my favorite formulation and I have not suffered any breakouts or redness from this products. Double thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by jessamay

I am very fair with yellow undertones and blue eyes and I love this blush. Gives me a great, earthy, natual flush and plays off my eyes nicely. When I went to MAC, I asked for something that was a very natural "pink" blush and when she brought me this, I thought she was nuts. It kinda looked terra cotta to me or too brown. Well she was right. This is a great natural blush on my skin and it does veery towards a brown rose flush - not classic pink in anyway and not too peachy either which is the only think I can think the name refers to. But the pop of color I get is great. Longevity is good for me - up to 4 hours before I see a fade.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by LorettaBellxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best blush ever. I wear it everyday and get compliments on it! Will always have melba in my makeup collection!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by sahbear95

Perfect matte peachy blush! I went into Mac and had a surprisingly helpful employee help me, all day I had been searching for the perfect peachy matte blush that I could wear everyday underneath my favourite highlighters. My light skin tone perfectly matches any peachy blush and they are my personal favourite colour on my cheeks along with a nice coral colour. The lack of shimmer is perfect because then highlighter can be applied over the top to get a subtle sheen to the cheeks without an overpowering shimmer drawing attention to my slightly oily skin. Love this product and it is a fantastic staple to any makeup collection as I believe it is a universally flattering colour, as the girl who served me said it was her personal recommendation despite having a far deep tan than I ever will! 100% recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tone: Around NC30
Skin type: Combo-oily

I love this shade! It just looks beautiful, natural and gives that peachy/pink flush look. This goes perfect with bronze look or really almost any look. The only thing I wish is that the staying power was longer. But overall it's a great staple to have :)