December 20, 2014 | 849 users online

Shampoo - Quantum Browns

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved this in the beginning because it's a really gentle shampoo, it doesn't stain hands and adds nice depth to your hair. The results were great at first, I'm trying to grow out my natural color but do not want to dye it because I'm trying to get my hair healthy again. I thought this shampoo would be my answer and it looked okay for the first month or so. But afterwards, this creates a weird build up in your hair. The build up gave me some dandruff looking flakes and I noticed that while the colored part of my hair looked okay, this was really dulling my natural hair and making it look gross and dirty. Even after washing, I noticed my hair just kept looking dirty and oily whenever I used this shampoo. I used a clarifying shampoo as soon as I realized what the shampoo was doing and my hair looks shiny again. I don't know if I even want to give this shampoo a try again. If i'm washing my hair, I want it to look and feel clean and shiny, not dull with build up. I started using regular shampoo again and using Aveda's clove conditioner which has been depositing color pretty nicely. I think I might just stick with that instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by PhilipHuart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have naturally meduim to dark brown hair. With age I am getting grays but not too heavy.
I started using this shampoo and conditioner about 5 years ago. I recently went without the conditioner ( against my will ). for almost a month. I could not believe how much gray this product was covering. It really blends the grays and adds a nice deep tone to my dark hair.
I was very close to coloring my hair when the supply house restocked the conditioner. 2 Shampoos later my hair shows no gray and has a deeper tone and a brilliant shine.
The only thing I can say negative is that the color will run out on pillow cases and shirt collars if you get too sweaty.
I think this is great for those who want to enhance color or arent gray enough to use permanant color. I love it !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

My natural hair is dark brown and recently I had blonde highlights and dyed my hair back to brown.. it ended being a little too light, and so I wouldn't have to over process my hair by dying it again, I bought this shampoo so without any damaging, it will slightly deepen my brown hair with each use. After the 1st use, I thought I was sold. I did notice a VERY slight difference in the deepness of my brown. And my hair felt extremely soft. While flat ironing my hair, my hair felt slightly weighed down.. as if I had some hair balm/wax in my hair.. and the texture was a little different than usual.. it definately felt less dry. Throughout the week, I continued using this shampoo, and I noticed that I had MAJOR flakes ALL over my roots! I never have flakes!! And I washed my hair again with this because I was scared of using regular shampoo because I knew it would fade my hair color.. and by the end of the week, my hair felt like it was coated in wax and when I flat ironed my hair, my hair did not look like I even washed it. My hair was weighed down, it didn't flow.. it was just in greasy looking strands and I had major dandruff. Disgusting! It took over a week with head and shoulders to get rid of the flakes I got from this Shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely worth a try as it is so much cheaper than Aveda Clove shampoo.It is primarily to add color to hair. Apply a coat of this and leave on a few minutes and rinse off and you will have a nice hint of color that builds with continued use. Has an odd caramel/chocolate/chemical scent that quickly fades. This has saved me from a terrible henna catastraphe. I use it every other day. The Quantum Browns conditioner is just awful. It did not add color to my hair and dried it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ahhhh, I hate to be the one to ruin the reviews on this but I just didn't like it. I've used it 3x now and my hair feels like it's coated with something. The smell was wonderful...and maybe I haven't used it long enough to notice the darkening or deepening of my brown tones in my hair but the way it makes my hair feels is enough for me to take this back....today!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by softgrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i'm going to sound totally lame, but i've never been so excited to wash my hair in the morning. this stuff smells like CARAMEL! it's truly delectable. this summer i started to experiment bleaching and dying my natural black hair, and it's pretty damaged. very porous and color fades easily. i did some googling, and discovered color depositing shampoos. artec is supposed to be very good, but it's a hard product to find...so i went to sally's and got quantum browns! my hair color is a 4R and is very brassy, and this really keeps my semi-permanent dye from fading. this richens the browns and tones down the red. the first thing i do when i get in the shower is lather this yummy shampoo in my hair, and leave it in for the duration of my shower routine. next i'll rinse it out, and coat the ends with suave's radiant brunette conditioner.

very effective shampoo. ^___^

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by JillMarie3

I love this stuff!!! It makes brown hair so rich! I agree with the other posts that the conditioner is not as good. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Brunettelicious

I bought this stuff a few days ago in order to give my color-treated light brunette hair a boost. I actually only bought the shampoo, but I loved it so much that I went back and bought the matching conditioner the next day! I love the scent, and I love the fact that it replenishes brunette color, making it richer every day. I will definitely repurchase this stuff. :) Update: After awhile, I realized that the conditioner from this line sucks. It doesn't condition my hair at all, and makes it feel like a dry mess. I'll only continue to use the shampoo, which I stll like.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2006 8:43:00 AM More reviews by kurikumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this just yesterday just to try... $4.99 per bott not including tax. i bought the conditioner that came with this as well. firstly, this shampoo is non-drying, the scent is pleasant as well. i can't really notice any color difference. the conditioner from this range sucks. It didnt condition my hair at all, and it left nasty brown stains on my palms which i had to scrub hard to get off. my hair didnt feel soft after the conditioner at all, and was still left in tangles. Will repurchase only the shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2005 12:53:00 AM More reviews by commercesd

This daily replenishing shampoo does just what it says - and it is AWESOME. I recently started using the hi-lift browns to lighten my hair a few shades, and it tends to go a bit brassy and get too light in between colorings... I tried the John Frida Brilliant Brunettes, but that stuff seemed to make the problem worse, because it excentuates highlights... which I guess it did, but what I really wanted was to keep the same light-medium brown color with a few highlights; what it tended to do was lighten my whole head! Then I found this shampoo - QUANTUM BROWNS in the beauty supply and it has totally solved the problem. I even tried it after using the John Frida, which had lightened my hair, and the Quantum Browns replenished my hair back to what it was! A miracle! It really DOES make your color look better and like it isn't fading AT ALL. I'll buy this stuff forever!!