December 19, 2014 | 820 users online

Concealers - Shiseido - The Makeup Concealer [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

Well, I *did* love this concealer---long-lasting, not too dry, natural-looking coverage (slightly sheer, which I prefer for the undereye area)---until I realized that "my" shade (the lightest) is too yellow for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by sarahxcess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer I have ever used. It conceals blemishes, acne scars and dark circles (and I have HORRIFIC dark circles). However, it loses one lippy from me because of the high price for such a small tube that doesn't necessary last for a long period of time. For that reason, I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by sallyswt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Shiseido the Makeup Concealer in @2, natural. I would give it a 5. I loved it, and miss it now that it is discontinued. I used it for so many years, happily! The stick they now have is not as good. If it is ever available again, please notify me and i will buy a whole supply of them1

sallyswt@aol.com

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by pinkeyey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I looooove this concealer. Seriously, because of the expensive price, I always try to look for replacements... But end up coming back to this.
I have really dark under eye circles, and I use #4, which is yellowish with a hint of shimmer (to deflect light). I also use this to highlight things like under my brows, bridge of nose, and I even use it as concealer for some old pimple scars on my cheeks. This is amazing! I'm not crazy about the wand, but it's manageable and i always blend with my fingers after.
But sadly-I found out they've recently discontinued this!!! I had the girl call around and check every store in town- and I bought up every single unit they had left.
I don't know what I'm going to do when I finish this...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by d3ndroid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice, creamy texture. OK for blemishes and red marks, doesn't go on cakey and dry and you can build up the coverage. I can get around 70% coverage I would say.
The colour selection is abysmal. No. 1 is too light for me. I have No. 2. which is very pink-orange toned. Not good for my ~NC20 skintone. The pink-orange is good for covering up purple dark circles though. I would recommend this product if the shade selection works for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by rominey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

So far this is my HG undereye (and all around) face concealer.

I am NC05-08. Combination skin. Dry around eye area.

I have difficulty finding a concealer appropriate for my extremely fair skin. This was an acceptable match. I like that it actually BRIGHTENED my face. As a result, it's excellent for the undereye area. I heap on a fair bit and let it set for a while before blending. Medium coverage.

Can also work as an acne concealer since coverage is buildable. Does not looked caked on when applying multiple layers. Works wonderfully as acne concealer (for more serious acne) when set immediately with Bobbi Brown loose powder in white.

This is a non-comedogenic product and did not irritate my sensitive, acne-prone skin.

Some people may find it difficult to blend. I wouldn't say it is easy to blend, but after getting used to it, it gets easier.

UPDATE: I have just discovered that The Makeup Concealer has been discontinued in Canada! Yet upon checking the Shiseido USA site, it's still being sold there! *shock* I have heard good things about Shiseido's new Natural Finish Cream Concealer - supposedly has superior coverage, and a very very very pale "light" shade - hallelujah! I'm skeptical as to whether it will have the light-enhancing qualities that The Makeup Concealer had, but I'll post a review once I've tried it. I can't get it where I live and have ordered it from a department store in another province.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

I got this concealer during an overseas trip when I noticed that I forgot my concealer.

Was told that it comes with three shades with 1 being the lighest, 2- medium and 3-dark. I got medium which suits my skintone, and doesn't leave a white-cast. The good trait about this concealer is that it comes with a built-in applicator that allows precision when using. Generally covers spots, blemishes and dark circles well, however I found blending to be a bit tad difficult. I prefer a formula that is creamier.

It's generally more expensive considering that it's a departmental store brand.... and I probably will not repurchase this. I own other drugstore concealers that work probably just as well as this !

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by niniix

Doesn't crease

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
Bad coverage
Pricey

When i tried the concealer on, it looked great at first. But within 5 hours or so when i got home, my dark circles looks grey-ish. Not much difference from with and without concealers. I was disappointed since the Makeup artist was raving about how good it covered scars. Not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by sanonano

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using Latisse for the past month and one of the side effects is darkening around my eye area. I wear this concealer under my foundation. It's not good for "dotting" on spots you're trying to hide and leave it as that. You need to put a foundation on top of it. No matter how much eye moisturizer I use under my eyes, when you get older, you're going to wrinkles/crepiness under your eyes. I've used several concealers and they settle in my wrinkles/crepiness and made it look worse. This does a good job in decreasing the wrinkles. I dot a few dots under my eye and use a concealer brush and dab until it's blended. I then apply the Shiseido Uplifting foundation with a foundation brush and dab it under my eyes and blend the rest on my face. This combo greatly reduced my wrinkles, but I just tried the Jane Iredale Liquid Mineral foundation and I'm going to switch to that instead of the Shiseido foundation, but will continue to use the Shiseido concealer. The Jane Iredale foundation review will come later.

The packaging reminds me sort of the Urban Decay Eyeshadow primer. You think it's all gone but it's not. I get a hammer and crack the tube open. There's still a lot of it so I get a little container/pot, transfer it in there and use that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by alijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awesome- My sister in law turned my onto this- I have it in Light.
It's really creamy, dries evenly, doesn't cake..I can't rave enough.