August 20, 2014 | 961 users online

Fragrances - Narciso Rodriguez - Musc For Her Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Cindy105

I first bought a bottle of this back in 2005 when I was in college, and it was definitely a huge splurge for me back then. But that's how much I loved it. I really love how clean, yet deep and sexy this scent was. I think a lot of people are disappointed by this scent because it's very understated and it doesn't leave huge impression at first sniff; completely different from the EDP and EDT in my opinion. It's the kind of scent that people around you cannot smell unless they lean in for a hug or to say something in your ear. You put a few dabs behind your ears and on your wrists and I'll even put some in my hair, and the scent just emanates softly from you. My boyfriend cannot resist this scent. I've had tons of people ask me what scent I'm wearing (men AND women). Since it was so pricey, I used it only for special occasions or when I was going out somewhere. When it was discontinued a few years ago I panicked and wanted to buy a back-up bottle from Ebay, but I previously had a bad experience buying fake perfumes from Ebay so I decided against it. Then, a few weeks ago I discovered that it's been re-released for a limited time! I looked everywhere for it, but it seems that I was too late and it was already sold out everywhere. Finally I found it online at the Bloomingdale's website, and it is the only place you can buy it online now. The bottle is slightly different. It's the same shape, but instead of pink words printed directly on the bottle, now it comes with a pink rectangular plate attached to the bottle and a thin pink string tied around the neck. When I ordered it online I still had no idea if it was identical to the old version, but I am happy to report that yes, it is the same! If you are a fan of this scent, you should buy it soon because this is a limited re-release.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by delish288

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This musc oil is very expensive but so very worth it. I was at a large department store a few days ago and wanted to try the oil as I had heard Narciso had brought it back perhaps for an anniversary of the previous oil or bec too many people complained. I dont know the exact reason however I just love that he did this. I had been given a small container of this oil a few years ago by a good friend and I wanted to know if the scent was the same as before and heard that the old scent had orange blossom and amber and musk in the first notes where as the newer scent had musc, orange blossom and then amber etc etc so probably the musc this time will be more intensified. I was told by one of the sales people at this store they had no tester opened yet wanted almost a few hundred dollars for the scent. I left the store disappointed in not being able to make sure the scent was the same or almost the same bec the sales associate and her manager would not or could not open a bottle to have as a tester. I want this musc oil but was not willing to plunk down over 2 hundred dollars-- scent unknown. I did a the few days later attend the same department store in 2 other locations and the sales girl said along with her manager who both wear this scent and were surprised it had been discontinued a few years ago both say they cannot expect customers to make such an expensive purchase without trying the scent at first. Of course these other 2 stores didnt have the scent to begin with so again I was unable to test it. I will do some shopping again in the first store to see if they have a tester on hand bec it was discontinued before I could purchase a few years ago and if I am able to try it I will spend the money on this luxurious scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A clean skin musk. And that's pretty much it. Yawn.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

Ok so I went to sephora to search for a dupe for this gem bc this is a little over my budget. I tried desperately to describe it to the SA. I said it was clean but not soapy. floral but not sweet. musky with out feeling heavy. It's soft. creamy. The creaminess is what draws me in. It's something I haven't encountered in other fragrances that makes this so inviting and sexy. It draws you in. and unlike another review I disagree that this is just for night I think it transforms very nicely from day to night. I do wish the staying power would be a little more. The SA ended up giving me one of the Micheal Kors scents that was not a complete dupe but was still nice. I'm definately putting NR musc on my birthday list. Hope my description helps some of you! fragrance is so personal if your curious about this ask for a sample at bloomies or sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by gracew

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This fragrance has grown on me...I love crazy, exotic, in your face fragrances, so for me to become a fan of this scent says a lot. I love the oil format..it stays with you all day and continues to give off scent throughout the day as your body heats up the oil.It's a very subtle, clean scent, and not one I would normally gravitate toward, but it is pleasing and comforting. The genius of this scent is that it works so well with skin, it smells like your skin and not like a fragrance. It's become my go-to fragrance, and it's the only one of my scents where instead of people asking what perfume I'm wearing, they tell me *I* smell good. Rich, clean, and pleasant--and somehow it all adds up to fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Silverfox7

I adore this fragrance. It is so very expensive, but you only need a little bit and it lasts all day. It is a fragrance that makes me feel comforted. It is a light, fresh, warm and sexy scent that makes me happy each time I smell it. It is a clean muck scent with floral undertones. Love it!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by used2Baileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sampled this one today. I have a love/hate affair with the edt. There are days when it is overwhelmingly strident and unwearable, and others when it is a clean just-showered musk with a light floral overlay.

This oil *feels* great. The scent? Well, it leaves something to be desired. Firstly, this is NOT sharp on me at all. It is vaguely powdery/soapy but in a good way.

This is NOT a "sexy" scent and not a warm scent. Clean is apt.

HOWEVER: This fragrance is too light (even just after applying, it gives the term "sheer" a new level) and WAAAAY too fleeting to even consider shelling out the money for 1.6 ounces. Twenty minutes into wearing it was nothing but a memory. So glad it was the scent that was a memory and not the money spent to buy it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Got a sample of this and tried it out today. This is a very nice clean musk that reminds me of laundry detergent with a little hint of musk. I'd put it in the "warm and cuddly" category as well as next to philosophy's Amazing Grace on the shelf. AG and NR Musc don't smell the same but both smell like clean laundry and both have musk notes in them. NR's Musc smells like a bit more serious musk but will not offend anyone who's a funk/musk hater. Even my husband who hates everything patchouli and musk, which sadly are two of my favorite fragrace notes, didn't scrunch up his nose when he sniffed my wrist and said "Mmm, smells nice.". Yay! I won't be buying this since it doesn't send me over the moon. I'm more of a NR For Her fan. I'm giving this a 4 since I do think it's rather nice for a clean laundry and musk scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by shellie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice but not worth the money. A basic, clean skin scent but it doesn't amaze me. I actually like Auric Blends' Egyptian Goddess better. This one smells like a mom or an older lady.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by reikigoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this so much better than the EDP and EDT & there's a big difference between them. Also, this is not the same as the pure perfume oil that comes in the little roll-on bottle (even though the SA at Nordies said it was-it's NOT). This oil is much softer & lacks what I perceive to be some harshness in the other formulations, particularly the EDT. I'm really enjoying this yet I'm not entirely convinced that it's worth the price. It smells like a very nice, very refined egyptian musk. I would say it's the best e. musk I've smelled if I hadn't just received a sample of Sonoma Scent Studio's Egyptian Musk EDP. Will have to try that again to compare. It's a much less expensive option & the SSS line is very well done imo. Nope, upon testing again, this is just not worth $160 imo-not even close. Think I may have to order the SSS E. Musk & lotion though.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No