September 17, 2014 | 940 users online

Lips - Bobbi Brown - Lip Sheer Black Plum

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by FWM2012

I really wanted to review BB Sheer Lip Color Cherry Pink no.6 but I will review both Black Plum no.8. I was told that the sheer lip color replaced the discontinued Lip Treatment Shine SPF15. I was very excited when I discovered this because I was vexed when I could no longer purchase the colours: Plumberry, Berry, Moonlight Rose and Sunset Bronze. I was forced to switch brands and find similar product and/or colours.
For me the colour Black Plum is similar to Plumberry and the former Black Cherry Lip Tint. I do love it however it doesn't last very long on the lips. The texture and feel is very moisturising and it doesn't have a nasty fragrance. I find that with both Cherry Pink and Black Plum that I have to stain my lips first with another similar colour lipstick for the colour to stay longer. I find that MAC and YSL lipsticks stain very well.
So with the Cherry Pink - I stained my lips with MAC Rebel so that when the Sheer Color had worn off there was still a slight colour on my lips.
Without staining my lips, Cherry Pink is a plum rose colour on my lips. Staining my lips with Rebel it becomes a lovely Berry colour.
The Black Plum colour is like a deep plum colour. I used Dior Addict Extreme colour Black Tie.
So in summary, I love both colours. If I want the colour to last I stain my lips first but if I just want a slight colour and I don't mind reapplying frequently then I just use the Sheer Lip Colour. Is it worth the price well I'm finding that to get a decent quality lipstick you have to pay between 14 to 25. So I think the price is mid-range. I now have so many lipsticks in the berry/plum palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2006 9:46:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam62

This is the best lipstick ever!!!! I have very long dark hair and pale pale skin and very dark eyes...so this color is the perfect color. It outlasts every lipstick I have ever owned without flaking. I love Bobbi's lip gloss in this color too; but this lasts so much longer. It looks natural without being too heavy or glossy. The price is high, but its definitely worth it. Will buy it the rest of my life if its around that long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2006 4:08:00 PM More reviews by JC1976

This l/s is incredible. It is so natural, but allows buildable depth of color. Also, this is the only lipstick I can apply without a mirror and be confident that it is on perfectly. Going on it feels like shea lip balm with a tint of plummy color. Depending on the number of layers it can be build up to a very natural medium plum. In the tube it looks very dark, but on it's absolutely perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2006 9:38:00 PM More reviews by kirana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Black plum lip sheer reminds me of Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, but with far more superior staying power. It gives my lips the perfect sheer, YLBB plummy/reddish brown colour. It instantly brightens my face and makes me look fresh and healthy, even without any other makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2005 6:15:00 PM More reviews by hspringer

I wear full makeup on my face (eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, foundation) but I am terrible with wearing lip products. I feel self conscious about darker colors and I never remember to reapply lip gloss. When I saw these new lip sheers I was excited. I LOVE them. They wear long but they only give a wash of color. This color, Black Plum, is a bit darker and perfect for fall/winter. It's not so dark that I feel self conscious, though it is very dark in the tube. I would like to get a few more, now that I know how they are on I feel confident getting some of the pinkier/brighter colors.